Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 10:40 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,981,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounty View Post
I have to ask.

I'm from Spokane. CDA used to be such a great little town. I drove though it many times, stop by at places, always was looking forward to it, seemed like a major step up from Spokane.

Last year after a covid pause we went there for a day... so many rude, inconsiderate people. Everyone drives like a psycho. Everyone seems angry,unfriendly, cutting off in traffic, speeding, tailgaiting...

I thought maybe it was just one day.

Went back the other day. Same thing, even worse. Traffic is full of people clearly off their meds. In stores everyone is angry. Went to a crafts store to get a few things, the clerks where all kind of snappy, tried to be polite and helpful but still snappy. The cashier lady looked so miserable, she seemed like she contemplated to end her life after her shift.

Some entitled middle age lady came and bitched how she got a ticket and "stepped out for 15 seconds" (uhmm, I was there for like 5 minutes and didn't see her anywhere near) and her ticket expired. Some old lady telling other customer "take a ticket" when the other customer was holding it in their hand.

Oh my God.

What the heck happened to this wonderful town? Where all these cultureless apes came from? I haven't seen this time of people before in CDA. I used to feel like I'm coming into a "premium" town, now I see it as a complete dump and can't wait to get the hell outta there. Coming back to Spokane feels like coming back into civilization. Never thought I'd say something like this.

I go to Seattle often, but even Seattle feels way nicer. People there are cold and detached in their demeanor but not obviously, aggressively rude like in CDA. Today I was in traffic (in Spokane) and some Subaru was cutting in and out of traffic like running from police. Checked the plates when he cut in front of me. Idaho. Makes sense.

So sad.
It's a lake and near mountains. What did you think would happen to it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2024, 10:43 AM

32,680 posts, read 48,185,877 times
What happened? Lots of people moved in and now CDA is over-crowded. Roads and facilities were built to handle a much smaller population and they are not handling the huge increase in usage.

Old 02-14-2024, 08:37 AM

31 posts, read 13,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats_overlander View Post
I know nicer places left in Oregon and Idaho but won't mention them online, let them be.
I feel the same way! I've probably said too much already...

Old 04-18-2024, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounty View Post
I have to ask.

I'm from Spokane. CDA used to be such a great little town. I drove though it many times, stop by at places, always was looking forward to it, seemed like a major step up from Spokane.

Last year after a covid pause we went there for a day... so many rude, inconsiderate people. Everyone drives like a psycho. Everyone seems angry,unfriendly, cutting off in traffic, speeding, tailgaiting...

I thought maybe it was just one day.

Went back the other day. Same thing, even worse. Traffic is full of people clearly off their meds. In stores everyone is angry. Went to a crafts store to get a few things, the clerks where all kind of snappy, tried to be polite and helpful but still snappy. The cashier lady looked so miserable, she seemed like she contemplated to end her life after her shift.

Some entitled middle age lady came and bitched how she got a ticket and "stepped out for 15 seconds" (uhmm, I was there for like 5 minutes and didn't see her anywhere near) and her ticket expired. Some old lady telling other customer "take a ticket" when the other customer was holding it in their hand.

Oh my God.

What the heck happened to this wonderful town? Where all these cultureless apes came from? I haven't seen this time of people before in CDA. I used to feel like I'm coming into a "premium" town, now I see it as a complete dump and can't wait to get the hell outta there. Coming back to Spokane feels like coming back into civilization. Never thought I'd say something like this.

I go to Seattle often, but even Seattle feels way nicer. People there are cold and detached in their demeanor but not obviously, aggressively rude like in CDA. Today I was in traffic (in Spokane) and some Subaru was cutting in and out of traffic like running from police. Checked the plates when he cut in front of me. Idaho. Makes sense.

So sad.
Maybe people are too stressed at work.

Old 04-23-2024, 02:38 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,062,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q5ZfvBXB View Post
Maybe people are too stressed at work.
That. Moving someplace because it looks "pretty" and "fun" is very different when you have to eschew those things to make ends meet and survive.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:43 PM

152 posts, read 204,426 times
We moved to CDA from Atlanta, not CA, two years ago. I love it, because to us, traffic isn't bad, but I do feel for the folks that grew up here. I know so much has changed for them. First on my radar was CO as my family history there goes back a few generations and I still have family there. But there are issues with CO as some of you know. As an Army brat, I don't have the roots that some of you do, I haven't lived in CO since I was a toddler.

(I too have heard that Republicans from CA are moving in, not Democrats. Read an article discussing the difference between what Republicans stand for in CA vs ID and there are differences, which affects local politics. I think it also discussed the high pensions these retired police and firefighters are bringing with them and how it adds to the housing issue here in ID).

Old Today, 05:20 PM

25,899 posts, read 12,926,296 times
I moved from Atlanta to Sarasota FL, & this thread could be cut and pasted right into my home forum & it would mirror what we're seeing w/ our explosive growth.

We dont have too many crazy drivers, or rude people though...it's more chill. Newcomers try to adapt to Southern & Florida culture. Many of our transplants are 50+, which explains the more relaxed vibe.

Our new voter registration's have surged Right. We used to be Purple, but now we have 1M more Red voters than Blue.

Ours move here from NT, NJ, MA, IL, MI, MN, CT mostly.

The Pensions & proceeds from sale of homes up North put our real estate market on steroids...fine by me, my home went from $550k to $1M in 5 years. No wonder the states theyre moving here from are broke...those gov't pensions are insane.

I'm a bit surprised that so many West Coast newcomers to Idaho can deal w/ the cold weather. They're not dealing w/ FLA's hot steamy weather as well, & many move again to the Carolina's or Georgia...they call them "half backs".

Interesting how Idaho is experiencing the same thing as Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho