Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The DEA fights the drug wars with one hand tied behind its back and throwing Nerf balls instead of hitting hard. Bunch of chiefs and not many fighters allowed to fight the fight. Why doesnt the WH impose penalties for those caught with drugs and dealing drugs by cutting off any form of welfare? Or, by imposing even harsher prison sentences? I would stimulate the construction industry by building more prisons now.

Just think how many government jobs would be lost if the War on Drugs was under control. Furthermore, how many other government positions would be moot if this worthless entity just did its job efficiently and effectively?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 02:55 PM

745 posts, read 1,649,054 times
"About 3,500 acres of southern Arizona along the Mexican border is closed to U.S. citizens due to increased violence in the region.
The closed off area stretches 80 miles along the border...."

FOXNews.com - Uptick in Violence Forces Closing of Parkland Along Mexico Border to Americans

Map here:
80 Miles Of Arizona / Mexico Border Under Mexican Drug Cartel Control « Pobept's World View

Here's the sign; has nothing to do with wildlife.
Feds Cede 80-mile swath of Arizona to Mexico: No recreation below I-8 | News | mountain bike, mtb, mountain bike racing, freeride, Downhill MTB, bike tests, MBA, Mountain Bike Action, Ask RC, XC mountain bike, trek, specialized, giant bikes, mantis,

Old 07-15-2010, 07:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
what other party? tell me all...

Do you really believe the democrats are you going to champion your causes?

Just dont go blaming one party without looking fairly ar the other[the long-long history]...and when you do...more Republican Presidents[Reagan, Bush I, Bush II] have failed to "fix" any of the immigration problems everyone is so desparate to fix right now..where was that intensity 25 years ago, hell 4 years ago?
Never blamed 1 party. You however do. I blame both parties with equal intensity. That is my point. Both parties own an equal measure of blame because both parties are at the very least silent facilitators at the worst institutionalized partners.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:29 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Ah! I forgot about the Obama Factor. Of course, it's all his fault. There never was a drug problem until he came into office. Minorities are always "down" with the latest high.
Ya right, you'll have to go back a few dozen Pres. before you find one that has the brains and the bounceys to handle this problem.
In the mean time keep looking for clever things to say and make definately sure that issues involving error in judgement are avoided.
Things just keep on getting worse, and the people with the bounceys
are on the other side....duh

Old 07-16-2010, 09:57 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
<< The US has spent over 60 billion dollars fighting the official war on drugs since the Nixon Administration. The DEA has over 80 thousand people working on the problem.>>

You can't cure a problem by simply throwing money at it. If the powers that be wanted drugs to stop coming across the border, the first thing they would have done is secure the border, not leave it wide open. Instead, every administration for the past 40+ years has left the border open, and don't tell me it's just for cheap illegal alien labor, or votes, which are just icing on the cake.

How is it we've given Mexico millions of dollars to fight their 'War on Drugs,' but it's only gotten worse? I'd be willing to bet a good portion of that money ends up in the hands of the cartels.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:05 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
A good portion of the money spent on both the drug smuggling and the war on drugs winds up in the hands of some very powerful people in this country. Where do you think the cartels keep their money? In a shoebox under the bed? Drugs are a business just like any other. They need financiers to keep the books and move the money.

I don't believe some Militia is going to get into a firefight with the druggies. What would be the profit in that?

Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
Those signs were posted in 2006 by the dept. of Game and Fish to try and protect the wildlife in that <<area>>

Are you saying that those signs warning that it's dangerous to travel there because of armed drug smugglers, are to protect wildlife?

Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
From the first link:

"The closed off area stretches 80 miles along the border and includes part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge. It was closed in October 2006 "due to human safety concerns," the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said Wednesday in response to news reports on the closure."

Of course, FOX News is just now noticing and 'reporting' on it.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:03 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Never blamed 1 party. You however do. I blame both parties with equal intensity. That is my point. Both parties own an equal measure of blame because both parties are at the very least silent facilitators at the worst institutionalized partners.
If Im blaming 1 party its the party with the most presidents that turned a blind eye to immigration issues since Reagan was in office.

My point is that the NEW fad on this fourm is to blame Obama and the Obama administration for Arizona and the Country's immigration problems.
My point is, where was all the finger pointing in Arizona durring the McCain-Bush years?

When the Economy was good and boomming, Arizona and the County[for that matter] loved its cheap labor...now the bill came due and everyone is pointing the finger at the illegal immigrant. I cant understand how we didnt have a problem 8 years ago...but now we're on the verge of extinction.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:21 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
My point is, where was all the finger pointing in Arizona durring the McCain-Bush years?
Oh it was there

However I do think that Obama brought this more to the forefront by his 'Change' deal and the increase of cartel
violence closer to the American Border and Janet Napolitano
as governor requested many times for federal help on this matter.

All in all it's gone on to long and both parties are to blame
the good news is in a few weeks a ruling will be issued
then we'll see for sure where this goes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration