Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 05:01 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times

Advertisements

Meg Whitman's illegal immigrant hot button - Meg Whitman - Salon.com

She hired someone she thought was legal only to be told 9 years later that the worker had used falsified documents to gain employment, so she fired her.

So why is this a case for a celebrity atty? Another one that won't be "going home" anytime soon.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 05:36 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Another poster child for amnesty?
Are they going to bring her over to Congress to testify?
She seems to be capable of putting up quite a show with sobbing and so forth.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Meg Whitman's illegal immigrant hot button - Meg Whitman - Salon.com

She hired someone she thought was legal only to be told 9 years later that the worker had used falsified documents to gain employment, so she fired her.

So why is this a case for a celebrity atty? Another one that won't be "going home" anytime soon.

Hmm, there are a lot of twists and spins to this story, aren't there? The illegal employee claims she told Whitman last year that she is here illegally but her lawyer (the high priced Alred) claims that Whitman knew about her illegal employee 7 years ago.

The illegal claims she was mistreated by Whitman. I smell a lawsuit in the offing plus a push to legalize her due to her alledged mistreatment by Whitman.

Alred is probably a Democrat and using this story politically against Whitman. Of course I don't trust Whitman either since she said "no to amnesty" in her campaign ads on mainstream media but on a Spanish language program her views were suddenly different. The plot thickens by the minute.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Hmm, there are a lot of twists and spins to this story, aren't there? The illegal employee claims she told Whitman last year that she is here illegally but her lawyer (the high priced Alred) claims that Whitman knew about her illegal employee 7 years ago.

The illegal claims she was mistreated by Whitman. I smell a lawsuit in the offing plus a push to legalize her due to her alledged mistreatment by Whitman.

Alred is probably a Democrat and using this story politically against Whitman. Of course I don't trust Whitman either since she said "no to amnesty" in her campaign ads on mainstream media but on a Spanish language program her views were suddenly different. The plot thickens by the minute.

probably going to push for a U visa as a "crime victim".............

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/cali...ld-worker.html

Quote:
Allred said Whitman caused the worker to "feel exploited, disrespected, humiliated, and emotionally and financially abused."
yeah right..........for NINE years.............mhmmmm, sorry not buying this snake oil

Old 09-29-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
probably going to push for a U visa as a "crime victim".............

Gloria Allred alleges Meg Whitman knowingly employed an undocumented worker in her home for 9 years| PolitiCal | Los Angeles Times

yeah right..........for NINE years.............mhmmmm, sorry not buying this snake oil
She'll probably claim that Whitman threatened to turn her into ICE if she didn't do as told for NINE years. However, Whitman may just have done that also. Either way I think you're right. This illegal will probably file a lawsuit with the help of her high priced lawyer and then claim she is entitled to the U Visa.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:06 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
This Illegal Alien criminal had fake docs,lied on her application,came from a familly of 11 siblings which she claims 8 are in the US.Also states her mom is here.

Probably ALL Illegally and they should DEPORT her entire Family immediately. Bad enough their gaming the system and committing even more crime here.
No coincidence that this comes out 1 day after the Calif. Governors debate where Meg Whitman states that she opposes Amnesty.

Liberal desperation is showing.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
She'll probably claim that Whitman threatened to turn her into ICE if she didn't do as told for NINE years. However, Whitman may just have done that also. Either way I think you're right. This illegal will probably file a lawsuit with the help of her high priced lawyer and then claim she is entitled to the U Visa.

Yup - here we go.............

Meg Whitman Housekeeper: Former Housekeeper Says Meg Whitman Knew She Was an Illegal Immigrant - ktla.com (http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-whitman-housekeeper-allegations,0,5990797.story?track=rss - broken link)

Quote:
Allred says Santillan is filing a claim with the Labor Commission, seeking back wages and mileage.
and you notice yet ANOTHER illegal going under TWO names..........how convenient......
Quote:
The housekeeper, Nikki Diaz Santillian, made the allegations alongside attorney Gloria Allred in Los Angeles Wednesday

Old 09-29-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Yup - here we go.............

Meg Whitman Housekeeper: Former Housekeeper Says Meg Whitman Knew She Was an Illegal Immigrant - ktla.com (http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-whitman-housekeeper-allegations,0,5990797.story?track=rss - broken link)

and you notice yet ANOTHER illegal going under TWO names..........how convenient......
Yet the illegal claimed prior to this that she told Whitman just last spring that she was an illegal and that Whitman fired her for that. Wait I need to get my waders on it is getting pretty deep in here.

As for the two different last names, Hispanics commonly include their mother's family name along with the surnames of their fathers and use them both as their last names. It has always seemed like an odd practice to me.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:00 PM

It apears this Nicky Diaz only told Meg Whitman she was illegal as she wanted "help getting her citizenship".........sounds a little like she thought she could parlay Meg's political aspirations her way (isn't that called blackmail?). Please not help with citizenship, NOT a greencard - this slug wants the whole enchilada doesn't she?

Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Yet the illegal claimed prior to this that she told Whitman just last spring that she was an illegal and that Whitman fired her for that. Wait I need to get my waders on it is getting pretty deep in here.

As for the two different last names, Hispanics commonly include their mother's family name along with the surnames of their fathers and use them both as their last names. It has always seemed like an odd practice to me.
I know, but it's mighty convenient for them isn't it? Shouldn't they have to just pick ONE legal name in this country? It's not OUR tradition to have multiple surnames and our systems are set up for ONE surname, anything else (unless you're hispanic) is known as an ALIAS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration