Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2010, 04:52 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

" + artTitle.replace("-","") + " - " + "The Miscellany News" + " - " + "Opinions" + "

No mention of the criminal element, just people looking for a better life even if it means trampling someone else. Pa leeeze.

Disclaimer: We provide the criminal's kids a tax free education. College not included. Your results may vary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 06:45 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
"The most important thing is that children know that families are on waiting lists for immigration reform that will allow them to live and work in this country, as millions of immigrants before them had been able to do."

I am unaware of any "waiting lists for immigration reform"; is this something new?
Are the "millions of immigrants before them" the illegal ones that were granted amnesty in 1986?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
"The most important thing is that children know that families are on waiting lists for immigration reform that will allow them to live and work in this country, as millions of immigrants before them had been able to do."

I am unaware of any "waiting lists for immigration reform"; is this something new?
Are the "millions of immigrants before them" the illegal ones that were granted amnesty in 1986?
That would be the line that forms at the southern border?

Quote:
In general, the current climate surrounding immigration is adverse to immigrants, and risky for those who work without proper documentation.
No, that would be adverse to illegals...........I'm a LEGAL migrant and I don't find the "climate" adverse in the least towards me........funny that

Old 09-29-2010, 07:15 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
That would be the line that forms at the southern border?

Which side?

No, that would be adverse to illegals...........I'm a LEGAL migrant and I don't find the "climate" adverse in the least towards me........funny that
Ain't it tho?
The article was pretty stingy with their use of the word ILLEGAL. How quickly they forget that we have trouble with the ILLEGALS when they conveniently forget the most important part of the equation.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:25 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
What a heaping pile of self pitying nonsense!

All that angst could easily be avoided if you follow one simple rule: don't break American immigration laws. Oh and learn fluent English if you're going to move to an English speaking nation.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:58 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
What a heaping pile of self pitying nonsense!

All that angst could easily be avoided if you follow one simple rule: don't break American immigration laws. Oh and learn fluent English if you're going to move to an English speaking nation.
I was born and raised American and so have my relatives since 1898 and when we moved here, we had to learn English to survive. Very sad that the only Hispanics nowadays that bother to learn English are from the Caribbean. I learned to speak fluent English and got rid of my accent, they have no excuse

Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I was born and raised American and so have my relatives since 1898 and when we moved here, we had to learn English to survive. Very sad that the only Hispanics nowadays that bother to learn English are from the Caribbean. I learned to speak fluent English and got rid of my accent, they have no excuse
The problem is that there are so many of them here illegally that they move into Hispanic enclaves filled with other illegals and since Spanish is mostly spoken in them, they have no need to learn English. It is colonization that is going on in this country, not assimilation.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:47 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Suddenly, employers are more alert to the state of illegal immigration and require documentation such as Social Security cards. For those who are undocumented immigrants, the everyday sense of vulnerability to the immigration laws and the sense of being "hunted" by federal and local immigration agents can stay with one even after living in the United States for a long time. Moreover, their own inability to address these concerns proactively increases their sense of helplessness and leads to feelings of frustration and anger.
awww.. you poor criminals.
One solution is..get your as* out of this country!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:17 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The problem is that there are so many of them here illegally that they move into Hispanic enclaves filled with other illegals and since Spanish is mostly spoken in them, they have no need to learn English. It is colonization that is going on in this country, not assimilation.
What you just said is exactly what I read in this report a couple years ago:

http://www.aeaweb.org/annual_mtg_pap..._1015_0304.pdf

Quote:
As a result, there are large Mexican enclaves in the US.
Theory and evidence suggests that those who live in highly concentrated communities do not
assimilate as quickly, have lower wages, and poorer educational attainment. The fact that Mexicans
live in highly concentrated communities explains some, but not all of the difference between their
performance and that of other immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration