Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

The headline should read....

Thousands named Rodriguez, Gonzalez, Gomez, Romero, Perez, Trujillo and Vega, protesting proposed immigration bills.

(my apologies to LEGAL RESIDENTS with those surnames).

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 PM

158 posts, read 270,379 times
Those people just don't get it. They are not welcomed here. They are the ones Americans should be very mad at right now. After all they are the ones that drained the state budgets to bankruptcy. Look at what is going on in WI now? Check the spanish population there. I bet it has to be near 40% of the population. They are the ones to blame for the budget messes our states are in.

All you can do is thank Washington D.C. for the lack of immegration control and putting more American workers out of work with the layoffs looming in WI.

Round them all up and ship them back. If they look illegal, they are.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:18 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s as asinine as saying a woman is the town tramp, but they don’t know the status of her hymen.
I can understand them saying they're not sure of the status of the toddler, as he may be a USC born here (probably is) OR he could have been brought here illegally by the illegal parents.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:09 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,685 times
I live in South Texas and some of you may be surprised by this. Most of the people you see protesting are illegal, or have a family member here illegally. Most Hispanics that I know that are U.S. citizens want to see illegal immigration dealt with. Dont get it twisted that every Hispanic supports immigration because that is NOT the case

Old 02-24-2011, 11:36 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I live in South Texas and some of you may be surprised by this. Most of the people you see protesting are illegal, or have a family member here illegally. Most Hispanics that I know that are U.S. citizens want to see illegal immigration dealt with. Dont get it twisted that every Hispanic supports immigration because that is NOT the case
I am sure you meant “illegal†immigration. In any case, most of us know this. I was married to a legal immigrant from Argentina, and I have Hispanic family and friends. NONE of them support illegal immigration, and ALL are thoroughly disgusted with our government and the pandering to illegals.

The Hispanic so-called “immigrant†advocacy groups are responsible for the misperception. It's a crucial element of their "racism" strategy to depict all Hispanics as being pro-illegal, and all opponents as racists and xenophobes.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:43 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
I guess "anti-family" sounds more politically correct than "anti-illegal"?

Old 02-24-2011, 12:36 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
I guess "anti-family" sounds more politically correct than "anti-illegal"?
Bingo!

Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 PM

358 posts, read 395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"Anti-family laws"? Now we have a new pro-illegal spin term on the enforcement of our immigration laws. What will they come up with next?
I hate to say this, but this spin was used to help pass the IRCA in '86. Ted Kennedy gave a speech that appealed to emotion, or "Pathos". He sold Americans on the fact that families would be broken up if the IRCA was not passed, and it was too late for the deportation for illegal immigrants with American citizen children. We were promised that the border would be secured, and it was a one time pass to keep the families together.
I find that people use emotional arguments with little or no logic when they run out of valid reasons to support their positions, as we are seeing now. The American people are being sold the same exact package as we were then, and sadly most people were either to young or have short memories and will buy into this propaganda.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:18 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I agree that not every Hispanic supports illegal immigration but I think there is much evidence that far too many do and for the reasons you cited or because they have some kind of reconquista agenda to gain political and cultural control over our country through sheer numbers.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:33 PM

910 posts, read 1,677,023 times
I guess we should stop imprisoning legals who have families, because it separates them from family, ya know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration