Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Simple concept really, enforce the law vigorously watch the illegals disappear.
Many immigrants leaving Georgia behind *| ajc.com

Quote:
Fearful she will be deported and separated from her two young sons, Vilma Baltazar steeled her family for a long journey from her small apartment in Chamblee back to her native country, Guatemala.

The single mother is one of many illegal immigrants in metro Atlanta who say they are fleeing Georgia before the state’s tough new immigration enforcement law takes effect on July 1. Others say they are making similar plans in case opponents of the new law are unable to block it in the courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,671,954 times
Great. I hope they all flee.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
This article blows up all the liberal's arguments against immigration enforcement. Not only are illegals fleeing, some to liberal states but we have legal Hispanics opposed to illegals as well.
Quote:

Dora Polanco has been witnessing a similar exodus from her perch in the ticket booth just off Buford Highway at the El Expreso bus stop in Chamblee. She said some of the Hispanic immigrants who approach her counter are leaving Georgia on buses to New York City, where mass transit is more plentiful.

A native of Costa Rica, Polanco sympathizes with the plight of the immigrants, particularly the ones who tell her they are fearful of returning to Mexico amid the drug violence there. But she is also irritated with people who enter the United States illegally and take advantage of taxpayer-funded resources here, including hospitals. She said she and her husband are both U.S. citizens who work hard and pay their taxes.

“That’s not right when you pay taxes and the others don’t,” said Polanco, who lives in Snellville. “I don’t want this country to be poor like my country.”

Old 06-08-2011, 12:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Should be lots of jobs opening up now, I guess.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:41 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
This woman is the perfect example of why we need such laws:

Quote:
Georgia’s new law targets people precisely like Baltazar, who illegally crossed over the Mexican border and into the United States with her family eight years ago.
Quote:
The reason: She drives to work without a license and is worried she will get arrested and deported in connection with the tough new law.
Quote:
“We are working,” she said in Spanish. “I believe the law should be for criminals, not for us.”
So let's review. She's lived here eight years. She hasn't bothered to learn English in all that time. She's working in violation of our labor laws. She freely drives without a license. And she doesn't think she's a criminal.

It's about time she left this country. We don't need her and never will. She doesn't speak our language. Her children are a burden on the local system. She feels free to violate our laws against working without permission, driving without a license and coming here in the first place. If officials finally drum it into her tiny brain that she has to get out then law officials are finally doing their jobs.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
This woman is the perfect example of why we need such laws:

So let's review. She's lived here eight years. She hasn't bothered to learn English in all that time. She's working in violation of our labor laws. She freely drives without a license. And she doesn't think she's a criminal.

It's about time she left this country. We don't need her and never will. She doesn't speak our language. Her children are a burden on the local system. She feels free to violate our laws against working without permission, driving without a license and coming here in the first place. If officials finally drum it into her tiny brain that she has to get out then law officials are finally doing their jobs.
Unbelievable that these people have no concept of laws and apparently no morals or a conscience either.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-08-2011 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: grammatical error

Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,544 times
Quote:
Dora Polanco has been witnessing a similar exodus from her perch in the ticket booth just off Buford Highway at the El Expreso bus stop in Chamblee. She said some of the Hispanic immigrants who approach her counter are leaving Georgia on buses to New York City, where mass transit is more plentiful.

A native of Costa Rica, Polanco sympathizes with the plight of the immigrants, particularly the ones who tell her they are fearful of returning to Mexico amid the drug violence there. But she is also irritated with people who enter the United States illegally and take advantage of taxpayer-funded resources here, including hospitals. She said she and her husband are both U.S. citizens who work hard and pay their taxes.

“That’s not right when you pay taxes and the others don’t,” said Polanco, who lives in Snellville. “I don’t want this country to be poor like my country.”
I love this comment. This lady is spot on.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:07 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,690 times
The illegals need to go away. My homies in Georgia are happy.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Excellent news. I hope many other states follow Arizona's and Georgia's lead.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:23 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,107,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
The illegals need to go away. My homies in Georgia are happy.
Illegals Europeans, Asians, etc. They are a unfair financial burden on tax payers. We need to take care of our own citizens first. Lets stop the madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration