Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 06:41 PM

35 posts, read 90,797 times

Advertisements

I never said i would vote for Newt Gingrich or any cold hearted company loving Republican all i said is Newt Gingrich is ahead in the Republican polls because of his compassion for his fellow man something the other Candidates lack except for Rick Perry but as far as voting for any of them no way. As far as im concerned the Republican candidates are all a joke and the Republican party is in Shambles but they do need to decide on someone anyway this Forum is about the Undocumented Immigrants and its not a Political Forum.
Im just amazed at how most of the posters here continue to hammer the poor Mexicans about taking jobs nobody wants and accusing them of being lawbreakers when all they are trying to do is exist and take care of their families and we continue to ignore the Ebbers, Madoffs, Bundys, Mansons, Swartzmillers, child rapists and molesters, mass murderers, unibombers,big companies, oil companies, Banks, Companies Executives, Car companies, Fannie Mays, who are the ones that are bringing our country down and blaming the Mexicans who are working as Slaves here in this country.
We continue to ignore the fact that their kids who were born here 20 and 30 years ago are dying in our wars and contributing to this country just as much as their parents who are working in cheap backbreaking jobs nobody wants at slave labor wages and we continue to ignore the real criminals in our society while we call ourselves True Christians and continue to think that Denial is a River in Egypt. God help us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 07:28 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk742 View Post
I never said i would vote for Newt Gingrich or any cold hearted company loving Republican all i said is Newt Gingrich is ahead in the Republican polls because of his compassion for his fellow man something the other Candidates lack except for Rick Perry but as far as voting for any of them no way. As far as im concerned the Republican candidates are all a joke and the Republican party is in Shambles but they do need to decide on someone anyway this Forum is about the Undocumented Immigrants and its not a Political Forum.
Im just amazed at how most of the posters here continue to hammer the poor Mexicans about taking jobs nobody wants and accusing them of being lawbreakers when all they are trying to do is exist and take care of their families and we continue to ignore the Ebbers, Madoffs, Bundys, Mansons, Swartzmillers, child rapists and molesters, mass murderers, unibombers,big companies, oil companies, Banks, Companies Executives, Car companies, Fannie Mays, who are the ones that are bringing our country down and blaming the Mexicans who are working as Slaves here in this country.
We continue to ignore the fact that their kids who were born here 20 and 30 years ago are dying in our wars and contributing to this country just as much as their parents who are working in cheap backbreaking jobs nobody wants at slave labor wages and we continue to ignore the real criminals in our society while we call ourselves True Christians and continue to think that Denial is a River in Egypt. God help us all.
What compassion did Newt have for the wives that he cheated on? They were supposedly the most important love of his life and it made no difference. How could anybody trust anything that he says?

You are wrong with your comment that the illegal’s only take jobs that we will not do. They will take any job they can get. That directly competes with our legal unskilled workers. Legal immigrants (especially Hispanics) and black minorities were hit very hard with our poor economy. Why don’t you have compassion for our own?

You talk about feeling sorry for the children of the illegal immigrants - but; their parents were the ones to blame for the circumstances they are in. Some of those children are also now criminals. Don’t forget that their parents set the example by breaking our laws.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
Don't ever trust ANY politician who promises "perks" in regards to immigration. This is simply thier cover at gaining a very large vote. This happened to Clinton and slowly happening to Obama. People, and Clinton himself, think Clinton was hispanic friendly, promising and winning thier votes but he did more damage than Bush. And am soooo not a Bush fan. This is in regards to immigration. Clinton administration in fact are the ones who signed into law the Inadmissibilys of 1997. These laws basically stated that when applying for a green card as a spouse or fiance if illegal in U.S. you must have bans, These bans range from 3 years to life. These bans are what tore families apart and make them, until today go through a horrible immigration process. People think it was Bush, but no it was our beloved Clinton. Obama is next.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:00 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
Don't ever trust ANY politician who promises "perks" in regards to immigration. This is simply thier cover at gaining a very large vote. This happened to Clinton and slowly happening to Obama. People, and Clinton himself, think Clinton was hispanic friendly, promising and winning thier votes but he did more damage than Bush. And am soooo not a Bush fan. This is in regards to immigration. Clinton administration in fact are the ones who signed into law the Inadmissibilys of 1997. These laws basically stated that when applying for a green card as a spouse or fiance if illegal in U.S. you must have bans, These bans range from 3 years to life. These bans are what tore families apart and make them, until today go through a horrible immigration process. People think it was Bush, but no it was our beloved Clinton. Obama is next.
For decades both party administrations have allowed illegal immigration to reach the proportions it has today. Of late some politicans are making empty promises to Hispanics (most Democrats) to gain their votes when the Hispanic vote isn't anything compared to the non-hispanic vote. I question why any politician has to promise to snub their noses at our immigration laws to placate Hispanics. Something wrong with this picture. I thought we were supposed to be united as a country for the rule of law with no group being treated special.

We need to take a hardline stance on illegal immigration and that would include bans when aliens don't come here legally. I am tired of our country/government being blamed for the separation of families rather than holding the illegal aliens accountable for what they did. They can always take their families back to their homelands with them. Funny how that is never an option with the pro-illegals.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:28 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They can always take their families back to their homelands with them. Funny how that is never an option with the pro-illegals.
I use to think the same way until it happened to me. Not only is the immigration process a never ending nightmare, it is a huge burden to us the U.S. citizens. It was not like this before. Before adjusting status through spousal or finace visas were easy and done solely in U.S. The financial birden was the wrost for me, I am saying me and not him cause he was the illegal one, yes he was teh one who was not suppose to be here, but he made great money and well all gone while going through for us, 3 years of process. I am not sticking up for him or saying he should be treated fairly, I am talking about me, the U.S. citizen. Thank god and immigration for our Waiver program, which is there to plead, via a often 10 inch pile of documents to prove why it is a burden to not have them here to work and support us but also to prove why we cannot live in thier countries.
Personally when we started process my kids were very young so it didn't affect us but I saw so many families that really had negative effects by this and that broke my heart. After investigating the consulate in Juarez they found the U.S. workers there are often not fully educated and not even really aware of the laws. They have so much problems and get paid a lot to be there but only work short days, they get U.S holidays and Mexico holidays off and paid. If they would crack down(ya right) on this the seperation would be shortened and done correctly.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:31 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
What turned me off is what he would do with the courts. Scary to think he would give all future presidents the power to arrest judges. That is one that could backfire.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:56 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
Oh boy. You really believe Newt is ahead in the polls because he loves Mexicans. LOL. He is ahead because the choices for Repbulican nominee are slim pickens. He's also not Mormon and has an I.Q. > 90. He's been blessed by the business establishment you so fervently label as the minions of satan. Now he's got boat loads of campaign cash rolling in from beelzebub and his buddies so they can keep their slaves and economic units intact.

B.T.W: You might want really look into this issue to the fundamental root cause and effect of it. Look at history and although these are people, they are not in and of themselves the only dynamic involved here. Broaden your gaze....

Old 12-26-2011, 03:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Oh boy. You really believe Newt is ahead in the polls because he loves Mexicans. LOL. He is ahead because the choices for Repbulican nominee are slim pickens. He's also not Mormon and has an I.Q. > 90. He's been blessed by the business establishment you so fervently label as the minions of satan. Now he's got boat loads of campaign cash rolling in from beelzebub and his buddies so they can keep their slaves and economic units intact.

B.T.W: You might want really look into this issue to the fundamental root cause and effect of it. Look at history and although these are people, they are not in and of themselves the only dynamic involved here. Broaden your gaze....
And pro-illegal Gingrich is NOT ahead in the polls. He got beat by Ron Paul in Iowa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration