Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 05:41 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Is there a misunderstanding to what constitutes Federal or state authority here?...

You can't 'sue' a judge for acting within their authority...
But a president can sue our states for mirroring immigration law and protecting themselves from an illegal invasion when the feds have obviously failed at it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Of course it turned out well. But as I asked and you and you never answered why the need to mention the ethnicity of this CBP officer? That's not to say that a non-hispanic officer handling it that the results wouldn't have been the same. If it had been a white officer and I had been the one to post this I wouldn't have said this "white "CBP. What for? It is irrelevant.
Well, to be fair the majority of CBP officers and Border Patrol agents are Hispanic...

If you miss that, you are oblivious to any sense of irony...

Old 01-18-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Well, to be fair the majority of CBP officers and Border Patrol agents are Hispanic...

If you miss that, you are oblivious to any sense of irony...
Cite, please that the majority of the CBP officers are Hispanic. Besides there still was no need to mention his ethnicity. What for?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Cite, please that the majority of the CBP officers are Hispanic...
Doesn't speaking Spanish make them Hispanic?...

Again, irony...

Old 01-19-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Doesn't speaking Spanish make them Hispanic?...

Again, irony...
Again, please cite your source that the majority of the Canadian Border Patrol are Hispanic and speak Spanish. Still waiting.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Again, please cite your source that the majority of the Canadian Border Patrol are Hispanic and speak Spanish. Still waiting.
"Customs and Border Protection" (the U.S. federal agency that also encompasses the U.S. Border Patrol)...

You're losing it, what forum and focus are we on here?...

Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
"Customs and Border Protection" (the U.S. federal agency that also encompasses the U.S. Border Patrol)...

You're losing it, what forum and focus are we on here?...
The subject was the Canadian border. Therefore I assumed that CBP stood for the Canadian Border Patrol of which you said the majority were Hispanics. Maybe you could be more clear in the first place.

You also said this: "Well, to be fair the majority of CBP officers and Border Patrol agents are Hispanic..." Cite, please.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
The subject was the Canadian border. Therefore I assumed that CBP stood for the Canadian Border Patrol of which you said the majority were Hispanics. Maybe you could be more clear in the first place...
Ding, ding, ding!!!

We have a winner in the triple irony award, whom had told me I was "nitpicking" on several occasions for use of the correct terminology...

Want to try for a fourth?...

"I am able to TELL just by LOOKING at U.S. Border Patrol and CBP (Customs and Border Protection) officers that they are HISPANICS!!!"...

(Reported numbers, especially by the untruthful DHS [Department of Homeland Security] head agency, are not to be believed, and I will form an unassailable option based on my impressions along our southern border, even some staffed sectors that I have not actually been in myself)...

Besides, I already said the vast majority speak fluent SPANISH!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Cite, please that the majority of the CBP officers are Hispanic. Besides there still was no need to mention his ethnicity. What for?
Have you ever watched Border patrol on Nat Geo ? 95 to 1 seems to be Hispanic.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Sounds like your typical far Left West coast judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration