Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 11:18 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Good. There should be penalties if you violate our laws. Why do you think otherwise?

As other posters have pointed out, most of the people in question are hardly making enough money to be considered contributing members of our society. It is not insanity to insist that we refuse to allow citizenship to those who break multiple American laws. I remain baffled that so many illegals and their misguided supporters seem to think our laws should be designed around what benefits illegals.

These people are criminals who have willfully broken many of our laws. They are unfortunate because they have chosen to engage in criminal activities. That makes that choice their misfortune not ours.
The problem is with Americans, who feel those of us who feel the way we do, are criminals. That is a problem. Some of us were taught, that breaking a law, is wrong. And we all know that Americans could not pull this crap off in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 12:55 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,665,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The problem is with Americans, who feel those of us who feel the way we do, are criminals. That is a problem. Some of us were taught, that breaking a law, is wrong. And we all know that Americans could not pull this crap off in Mexico.
They know they can get away with it here with politicians hispandering to them.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:58 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Good. There should be penalties if you violate our laws. Why do you think otherwise?

As other posters have pointed out, most of the people in question are hardly making enough money to be considered contributing members of our society. It is not insanity to insist that we refuse to allow citizenship to those who break multiple American laws. I remain baffled that so many illegals and their misguided supporters seem to think our laws should be designed around what benefits illegals.

These people are criminals who have willfully broken many of our laws. They are unfortunate because they have chosen to engage in criminal activities. That makes that choice their misfortune not ours.
I agree with everything that you stated. Just wanted to add that it irks me that everyone that wants to come here (legally and illegally) seems to think that it is their right as opposed to a privilege to come here legally. I actually read a post from Edward A stating that "America is for everyone".

With our economy in the toilet, illegal immigration and so many of our own citizens unemployed, I am of the opinion that there needs to be a moratorium on ALL immigration. We have become the tower of babble and a nation of dumpster divers that have no allegiance to America and are here for the sole purpose of depleting our current and future resources on every level.

It's time for the taxpayer funded freebies, the foreign aid and the free ride to everybody that's here or wants to come here and excelerate the demise of America to end.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:46 PM

50,251 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Exactly! have a gripe, are pissed off, family going to be separated, take up your gripes with those who broke the law to get here! his parents.
The way the gripe is directed at us, and for what, what other Country would be so tolerant of illegals, then stupid America. It is a burden put upon us.

I've visited that DREAMIE site quite a few times and rarely seen anger towards the Parents, it's always towards us ugly Americans. How dare we get in the way of what is righteously theirs.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:25 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
You can't just "do what's required legally to remain here." You can't remain if you entered illegally. You have to exit, you get a penalty amount of years where you cannot re-enter the country, then you can apply to come back.

As for all of these comments about everything these people have been given and what a drain they are. I'm sure that applies to some people but obviously not the ones in this article who are contributing to soceity. Insisting that our current immigration laws be enforced on everybody to the exact letter of the law is insanity and does neither our country nor these unfortunate people any good.
Sure they can, some are visa overstays, they can apply for change of status. Your claim is to those with EWI status. The penalty can be waived.

The ones in this article aren't contributing either, they are only benefiting themselves with a meager income at this point. If they pay quarterly payroll with holdings and they file tax forms at the end of the year, based on their wages they will receive back all the tax with holdings, possibly more depending on tex credits they claim. The law requires what the law requires whether it does these people any good or not doesn't matter, they are not part of the body politic of the USA.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've visited that DREAMIE site quite a few times and rarely seen anger towards the Parents, it's always towards us ugly Americans. How dare we get in the way of what is righteously theirs.

That is just power for the course, isn't it. Oh contrae, of course it would not be directed towards the parents, stupid me.
As usual us meanie Americans, is where the anger is aimed at.
Do you know any other Country as ours, that would put up with this mess.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You broke the law not us. If your mad come here legally.
I bet he didn't pay for his education either.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:44 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,365,818 times
Good luck making millions in mexico. If it's so easy why don't you take the rest of the illegals back and show them how to do it. We'll just have to figure out how to get along without you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration