Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What in the devil is going on here? I have mixed feelings about sending all illegals back to their home country. I realize this would be almost impossible and I have to agree with what Newt said; some of these people have been here for years, they have families living in the country, they actually have held down jobs and are paying taxes. We have to use reason, but in this case, what is wrong with our courts, our system, whatever? How can someone like this be allowed to even remain here?

Nita
It's not impossible to send illegals back once they make their presence known but I don't think there has to be some big door-to-door search trying to find them all.

I also don't think that length of time in breaking some law should mean you are to be rewarded for having broken the law. That's like an embezzler demanding amnesty because he ripped off his employer so long that he has become accustomed to the extra money and must be allowed to go on taking it.

If they have jobs that they got by committing felony document fraud and identification theft, they should not be rewarded anything for those crimes and should be deported. Paying taxes doesn't excuse shoplifters, embezzlers, or any other kind of lawbreaker. Nor does having children excuse them and virtually none of these births were ever paid for by the illegal.

Also I think those who come here to crank out babies are a worse kind of illegal than those who came only to work. They cost the taxpayers far more and it's creepy the way they want to try and exploit their children and use them as a way to get around the immigration laws. Plus most were glad to get the food stamps, WIC, and other government handouts those children bring in. Some guy here working but with no family here is certainly not less "deserving" if we're going to reward lawbreakers.

For example in my neighborhood -- we'll call him Jose - Jose has worked in the USA illegally for a number of years, sends money back to his family but has no kids on food stamps or WIC or in schools in the USA. Another guy we'll call Jorge has kids back in Mexico but also has 4 kids in the USA (just about one for every year he's been here) and all 4 of those kids are on Medicaid, he paid $0 for the 4 births, his girlfriend gets food stamps, WIC, and housing assistance.

I don't think the one with all the kids on food stamps and Medicaid is more worthy in the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 01:21 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What in the devil is going on here? I have mixed feelings about sending all illegals back to their home country. I realize this would be almost impossible and I have to agree with what Newt said; some of these people have been here for years, they have families living in the country, they actually have held down jobs and are paying taxes. We have to use reason, but in this case, what is wrong with our courts, our system, whatever? How can someone like this be allowed to even remain here?

Nita
I pretty well disagree with that statement "We have got to use reason" here
because "they" have been here for years & have been paying taxes. Thats
BS. They come here for the freebies. Nothing else.

To start with, who gives a damn what Newt says ?? He's just another washed
washed up political hack that panders to hispanics. Obama does the same
thing.

We can send them back. It's been done by three American presidents in the
past, FDR, Eisenhower and Truman. My feeling aren't mixed at all. These scumbags have been sucking America dry for way to long.

These illegals sueing the BP won't get to far. Those things usually are a big
waste of time. In my opinion the BP should just let them deal with the
desert on thier own.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:53 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
I cannot believe that individual who is the subject of the OP's article has the cahonies to sue CBP because her husband died in the desert while trying to cross illegally! Yeah, it is sad that your husband is dead, but it's called assumption of the risk. I mean, seriously? As if the government owes some duty of care to people who knowingly and intentionally break the law by trespassing into the United States and who are well-aware of the natural risks involved in traveling through a desert. As if the government can possibly patrol every inch of the border to make sure every border hopper is in good health. The nerve this individual has just makes me sick. I generally do not take a stance on illegal immigration but that really does make my blood boil that an ALIEN would have the nerve to try to scam the US justice system in such a blatant and unapologetic way.

ETA: Still can't get over it. Completely outrageous. I hope the judge makes her pay court costs and government attorney fees for such a frivolous lawsuit.

Last edited by Bluefox; 06-09-2012 at 03:11 AM..

Old 06-09-2012, 03:23 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The fleecing of America by lawyers who by the throw all their support at the democrat party. I wonder why that is??

"When Alfredo Garcia, 41, was arrested in April 2011 by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, the Mexican national was in the midst of suing yet another business under the auspices of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Garcia is a wheelchair-bound paraplegic who has been making a living filing lawsuits against businesses in Southern California.
In fact, the illegal alien has filed more than 500 such lawsuits, collecting $165,000 in settlement money.
Garcia’s most rfecent suit is against the Yogurt Stop in West Hollywood. His suit alleges that the height of a coat hook and mirror in the bathroom of the store are too high for someone in a wheelchair.
The illegal alien is seeking $5,000 in damages.
Attorney Gail Cooper-Folb, who represents the Yogurt Stop, told KABC-TV: “I think it's an extraordinary abuse of the law. The law has a good purpose, and its abuse is outrageous. They are in it to threaten business owners with, ‘If you fight, you're going to spend more on an attorney then you are if you just pay us, so just pay us.’ And most people do it.”
In addition to being a professional plaintiff, Garcia is also a four-time convicted felon."

Illegal alien dies in desert, widow (also illegal) to sue Border Patrol - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

I dont mind him bein able to sue, as long as he can prove he is here legally. if not, the only thing he should be shown is the inside of a cell block, and a 1 way ticket home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration