U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
 
14,222 posts, read 7,411,145 times
Reputation: 8024

Advertisements

Q: Does mexican government care about their citizens?
I entered mexico once, not much of a tourist area at all, first thing I saw was a very old woman on the ground in tattered rags begging. Second thing I experienced was kids tring to sell anything and begging. Terrible place.
Now the mex govt. has the nerve to cry about the mistreatment of illegals in USA. Ha. hipocritical bstuds. Clean up your own house. And not by sweeping your mess into my yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-28-2007, 08:45 PM
 
2,516 posts, read 7,551,203 times
Reputation: 2394
did you hear the latest?

PUERTO PENASCO, Mexico -- President Felipe Calderon told U.S. governors Thursday that immigration is an inevitable, natural phenomenon and he urged the U.S. Congress to approve reforms that would allow more Mexicans to work legally north of the border.

Calderon demanded that the United States respect "the right to work wherever one can make the greatest contribution."
"Immigration is a natural phenomenon that is economically and socially inevitable," he told the meeting in this seaside resort.

Mexican president tells U.S. governors: migration inevitable, natural North County Times - Nation / World - (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/09/28/news/nation/18_41_549_27_07.txt - broken link)


i guess that mexican marijuana really IS as potent as is claimed, because boyfriend is definitely smoking something!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
did you hear the latest?

PUERTO PENASCO, Mexico -- President Felipe Calderon told U.S. governors Thursday that immigration is an inevitable, natural phenomenon and he urged the U.S. Congress to approve reforms that would allow more Mexicans to work legally north of the border.

Calderon demanded that the United States respect "the right to work wherever one can make the greatest contribution."
"Immigration is a natural phenomenon that is economically and socially inevitable," he told the meeting in this seaside resort.

Mexican president tells U.S. governors: migration inevitable, natural North County Times - Nation / World - (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/09/28/news/nation/18_41_549_27_07.txt - broken link)


i guess that mexican marijuana really IS as potent as is claimed, because boyfriend is definitely smoking something!
Interesting.

Mexico treats their illegal immigrants from Guatamala, etc like dog crap.

Hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 05:20 AM
 
110 posts, read 325,677 times
Reputation: 41
America’s trillions in aid and investment sent to Mexico over the decades was promised to prevent and eliminate the transpirations of invasion and occupation which continue to demand ransom. as if the trillions were not enough, now they are demanding we increase our aid, investment, and commitment to Mexico and build Mexico into a 1st world country, so they could continue their feast.

no one seems to ask how the world's richest (Carlos Slim...) can come from a 3rd world country. that can be easily explained when we trace his pockets back to our stolen tax dollars, stolen jobs, and stolen country.


since we do the job that mexicans cant for mexico, who will stop the south americans, africans, asians from demanding the same ransom (as if they havent done so)?

Last edited by MoreDudley; 09-29-2007 at 05:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 10:11 AM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 706,248 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Q: Does mexican government care about their citizens?
I entered mexico once, not much of a tourist area at all, first thing I saw was a very old woman on the ground in tattered rags begging. Second thing I experienced was kids tring to sell anything and begging. Terrible place.
Now the mex govt. has the nerve to cry about the mistreatment of illegals in USA. Ha. hipocritical bstuds. Clean up your own house. And not by sweeping your mess into my yard.

agreed. why does the world expect america to take care of every impoverished country and their problems then slap us in the face because we do too much?or hey, not enough?
i remember ethiopia, we sent billions of dollars in aid and food to that nation, yet did the people get the aid? no...the government took the money and continued to allow their starving people die, thousands are still dying in that war torn country, and all the money and food we sent didnt help a damn thing.
mexico is not a war torn country, it may well be a thrid world country, but it is not war torn, so why the need to immigrate here in the first place? money....is the only reason, so why dont these mexican illegals march on mexico city, and demand the same things from their own government that they are demanding of ours?
i guess it's just easier to lay the guilt on lady liberty.
its ok, she's got a strong set of shoulders.....but my fear is for how long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 10:18 AM
 
14,222 posts, read 7,411,145 times
Reputation: 8024
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
so why dont these mexican illegals march on mexico city, and demand the same things from their own government that they are demanding of ours?
That would be great and earn my respect. Makes you wonder how the mex gov would respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2007, 10:30 AM
 
Location: new mexico
447 posts, read 706,248 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
That would be great and earn my respect. Makes you wonder how the mex gov would respond.

my friend went to mexico for her 50th birthday, she loved it there, said the beaches were white, and the condo she rented was great...but in the photos she showed to me, there were soldiers and policemen with machine guns and ak-47's standing guard everywhere...they claim to keep the tourists safe...i don't know...maybe to keep everyone in check, tourists, locals...whatever more like....
so yes, in a country like mexico, iraq, iran...etc....it seems it would be easier to demand everything under the sun in a country other than their own....trouble is...they are all demanding it from the wrong government.
i would hate to think what would happen if the mexicans protested in their own country, but if they dont start, then they are simply letting their corrupt government win, by not giving them a livable wage, or decent housing or healthcare....
we americans are already in a revolution of sorts with our own problems, we dont need somebody elses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-01-2007, 02:43 PM
 
1,484 posts, read 3,698,831 times
Reputation: 731
Default because

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
That would be great and earn my respect. Makes you wonder how the mex gov would respond.
because they (like our own government) are looking for the fastest, easiest buck regardless of laws. Hmmm maybe thats why our government likes them since they have so much in common!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top