Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:23 PM

273 posts, read 249,366 times

Advertisements

Last week, I went to a local shopping store around 10am. I pulled into a parking space and as I sat there getting my list together, a nice new Dodge Ram pulled in and parked opposite me. It wasn't surprising to see a couple of hispanic men staring back at me from the truck (there's plenty in my town), but what was surprising is that they both drained a couple of beers as they sat there....at 10am! I took the liberty to let my eyes pass into their cab as I walked by and noted the brand of beer was from mexico, and there were several.

All I could think was: that by 3pm when the local kids are walking home from school, these two middle aged immigrants would still be drinking and driving.
I stood behind their truck, taking the license plate and the two men suantered by, paying no attention to me and speaking loudly in spanish.
I waited about 20 minutes for the police and the immigrants were just pulling out of the lot as I flagged the officer and pointed to the departing truck.

30 seconds later, the truck was stopped and it's occupants were pleading their case. 2 minutes later, another cruiser arrived and one of the occupants was taken away. The other man (who was the driver), stood with his blue baseball capped head hung down, hands in his pockets and a look like the tears were close at hand. A few minutes later, a tow truck arrived and as it secured its' load...I saw the immigrant wiping his eyes. Too bad, so sad.

Better him, than the parents of innocent American school children.
What makes these people think our laws are optional?

Old 09-30-2007, 08:30 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Oh to damn bad for them or anyone else who is drinking and driving.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Last week, I went to a local shopping store around 10am. I pulled into a parking space and as I sat there getting my list together, a nice new Dodge Ram pulled in and parked opposite me. It wasn't surprising to see a couple of hispanic men staring back at me from the truck (there's plenty in my town), but what was surprising is that they both drained a couple of beers as they sat there....at 10am! I took the liberty to let my eyes pass into their cab as I walked by and noted the brand of beer was from mexico, and there were several.

All I could think was: that by 3pm when the local kids are walking home from school, these two middle aged immigrants would still be drinking and driving.
I stood behind their truck, taking the license plate and the two men suantered by, paying no attention to me and speaking loudly in spanish.
I waited about 20 minutes for the police and the immigrants were just pulling out of the lot as I flagged the officer and pointed to the departing truck.

30 seconds later, the truck was stopped and it's occupants were pleading their case. 2 minutes later, another cruiser arrived and one of the occupants was taken away. The other man (who was the driver), stood with his blue baseball capped head hung down, hands in his pockets and a look like the tears were close at hand. A few minutes later, a tow truck arrived and as it secured its' load...I saw the immigrant wiping his eyes. Too bad, so sad.

You did the right thing; notifying the authorities. Thank you.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:03 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,012 times
Good job. That's what every American needs to do. They are relying on Americans being too trusting, or intimidated to step in and do something.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:08 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,678,600 times
You might have saved a few lives by calling the cops. Drinking and driving is rightly being viewed now as a violent crime. Even after only a few beers judgment and reaction time is affected.

Although I have to say, even though I don't drink myself, I'm not surprised to see people drinking in the morning. I know many people who work the night shift, and they on occasion have a few beers after they get off at 8 AM. So 10 AM for some people is like 7 PM for others.

Still pablo-me, you were right to call the cops.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,486 times
Quote:

Good for you, I hope they were deported along with their anchor babies

Old 10-01-2007, 08:26 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Good for you...wish more people cared enough to do what you did.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,923 times
Thanks for taking another possible drunk driver off the road!

Old 10-01-2007, 02:28 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
First off, how do you know they were immigrants.. could of been hard working American Citizens with Hispanic heritage.

They were drinking and driving.. I wonder though would you of called the cops had it been a couple white guys, or how about a couple kids 17 years old or so? this comes off real raciest and hate filled. I am glad you took a couple drunk drivers off the road though regardless of what race they happened to be.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:48 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
I saw the immigrant wiping his eyes. Too bad, so sad.

I'm sorry dude, i dont cry for drunk-driving illegal immigrants.

I will cry for that fact that our govt would rather take care of illegals than their own citizens (whimper!)
a few tears for those kids in newark who got their heads blown off by illegals (tears drop!)
and i'll cry for the future of our country if we don't do something about these illegals (bawling profusely!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration