Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 06:47 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,992 times

Advertisements

I recently saw a link to the Welcome to the DREAM Act Portal | DREAM Act Portal site in this forum and it reminded me that I had seen that website before. The website is one of the most used forums by illegal immigrants and exhibits the way the internet has allowed illegal immigrants to come together and share "tips," and communicate with one another to help each other. Many of the things posted there encourage others to do things that are deceptive and that would allow a person to receive services from the states and the US government that they are not supposed to.

I wonder if those in the government are aware of this website and I find it hard to believe that they are not aware of this site and have not shut it down or are not monitoring it for encouraging the diverting of the government process and illegal acts.

I want to post a link to one of the many threads.
That site is so busy with illegal immigrants trying to discover ways to beat the system that the first 5 pages of the forum are filled with posts from today alone. We know how forums work and to have such activity means that a site is very, very busy.

The topics in the threads range from getting tips on whether one should use a fake SS# or not, how to find employers that will hire an illegal immigrant and how to deceptively fill out forms in order to stay out of trouble and not be caught as an illegal.

I think that shutting down sites like this would hurt illegal immigrants ability to share these tactics. We have seen the states and US government shut down sites such as this that did not have anything to do with illegal immigration. We have seen them protect Hollywood or the music industry by shutting down sites that teach a person how to bootleg and rip video games, movies and CDs. Yet, we do not see any attention being shown to this website that is basically a bunch of "Dreamers" smacking the rest of the US population in the face.

These Dreamers are not dumb people, they are smart and they won't be picking tomatoes like we are told to believe. They will be allowed to compete with the rest of America for well-paying jobs and for that reason I think people should be concerned with the desire to legalize them by people like our President. Competition is fine and a part of life, but should we tolerate it when our own government has put that burden on us?

FAFSA Trouble - DREAM Act Portal Forum

The link above is an example of how illegal immigrants would love to find a way to tap into OUR financial aid program that is supposed to send LEGAL residents and Americans to college. One member at the website states that he would love the "free money" instead of paying. Imagine that, an illegal immigrant wouldn't mind taking money from a legal American. Who would've thought?

I encourage you all to send a link to the Dreamer forum to your Congressmen and explain the significance of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 07:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Not one illegal has any respect for the laws of this country. Not one would blink an eye over stealing some citizen's identification and using it. They're here for the easy money, they aren't here because they believe in obeying laws. Everything is about how they will benefit money-wise.

Look at the kind of parents who smuggled them here -- parents who turned their own children over to cartel smugglers. All for the love of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration