Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:17 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,091,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
How much would you pay for safe spinach?
Remember the first problem was with Jack in the box, yet nothing much if at all before this....why?

Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,193,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Arizona, if you are from Arizona, you should know that there are A LOT of Mexicans there. And if you have ever been to California, you would know what the 38 million is representing. In one city, Hispanics made White people are Minority.

Hayward, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Note that many of our brunet people here in Arizona who may look 'Mexican' are actually Native American as in Apache, Navajo, etc.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,959,484 times
True, but I think one can distinguish between them as most Mexicans are of the "Meztizo" race, Ameri-Indian/Spanish. On the other hand, there are Indigenous Mexicans who fit the bill as Native Americans.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,193,100 times
Quote:
True, but I think one can distinguish between them as most Mexicans are of the "Meztizo" race, Ameri-Indian/Spanish. On the other hand, there are Indigenous Mexicans who fit the bill as Native Americans.
'Mestizo' means mixed race; which can also refer to an East Indian with White heritage as well as some Filipinos-------in fact; it is probably from the same Spanish word (Mejica?) that gave us the name of 'Mexico' as well.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,265,595 times
I read the article, and my impression is that California would be somewhat impacted if all illegals were sent back. However, I believe the impact wouldn't be very extensive, and the labor cost per hour would need to be increased somewhat in some industries to absorb the labor need.

The housing slowdown has changed the dynamics of the discussion, there is quite a bit of underemployed laborers out there, both legal and otherwise. I think the cost of goods sold would initially increase in some industries, but not enough to trigger more than a temporary blip on the inflation scale.

So in summary, I don't think it would be that big a deal economically.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:10 PM

Let me tell you NewToCa, the town that I live next to, Hayward,CA. Would be greatly impacted. You should of been here during the walk outs.. The schools were out A LOT of money since most of the kids are Hispanic. I didn't walk out, pretty pointless. I won't let the ignorance of others ruin my education.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,265,595 times
Quote:
Let me tell you NewToCa, the town that I live next to, Hayward,CA. Would be greatly impacted. You should of been here during the walk outs.. The schools were out A LOT of money since most of the kids are Hispanic. I didn't walk out, pretty pointless. I won't let the ignorance of others ruin my education.
No doubt that there would be some local disruptions, but the impact to the overall economy, both nationally and in California, wouldn't be significant over the long term (say a couple of years).

Initially there would be some disruption in California, and somewhat less nationally, but the adjustment of wages to the rate necessary to hire replacement workers, plus the lessening of overall aggregate national product demand (fewer total folks) would allow normalization in a reasonable timeframe.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:32 PM

Your right, there would be some disruption in California for a little while. Might wear off gradually but who knows. The East coast won't be impacted little, not none at all since most of the Illegals reside in the western-southern regions of the U.S.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:51 AM

348 posts, read 1,022,646 times
Quote:
It may in fact be impacted for a time...but the people left hypothetically speaking, would be Americans..and American's built this country before, they can certainly do it again. (without the so called help of the illegal mexicans)

Old 10-10-2007, 08:53 AM

348 posts, read 1,022,646 times
Quote:
Your right, there would be some disruption in California for a little while. Might wear off gradually but who knows. The East coast won't be impacted little, not none at all since most of the Illegals reside in the western-southern regions of the U.S.

Yeah right..you may have the most of them in the southwest, but let me assure you, we have plenty here in Georgia, the chicken capital, wreaking havoc.
There is no state untouched, and now they're invading Canada...just when I was thinking Canada might be a nice place to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration