Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,673,111 times

Advertisements

So the invasion can happen faster? This guys platform is nothing but helping illegals achieve his dream of an hispanic United States. Let them be with their families in Mexico.

12 million will turn into 24 million all on welfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 02:52 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Mexico already accounts for the majority of chain migration. In addition, we currently have more than 10% of the citizens of Mexico living in the US. Now, they want illegals to be legalized so they can bring their remaining family members? Can anyone say this is a surprise? Isn't this what we've been saying? Perhaps after we have every illiterate, low-skilled Mexican living here, the bleeding hearts will be satisfied. Then, Mexico can prosper, and the U.S. can finally implode.

Gutierrez doesn't give a damn about illegals other than his ethnic brethren. And, he only wants them here for his own personal gain. He wants the numbers so he'll have political clout to run for president. That's his primary goal. To hell with what's best for this country. If any other group were living here illegally by the millions, he and his cohorts would be the first in line to oppose. That's the most sickening part of their hypocrisy.

They have the nerve to petition Congress for a moratorium on legal immigration from Africa, but we should embrace everyone from SOB. I will never understand how so many can support this blatant discrimination, yet whine about the poor "undocumented" (code word for Hispanic) being treated unfairly. It's even more disturbing that so many black people, including members of Congress, have jumped on this bandwagon. Not one has rebuked Janet Murguia for her racist request. Not one.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:07 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Mexico already accounts for the majority of chain migration. In addition, we currently have more than 10% of the citizens of Mexico living in the US. Now, they want illegals to be legalized so they can bring their remaining family members? Can anyone say this is a surprise? Isn't this what we've been saying? Perhaps after we have every illiterate, low-skilled Mexican living here, the bleeding hearts will be satisfied. Then, Mexico can prosper, and the U.S. can finally implode.

Gutierrez doesn't give a damn about illegals other than his ethnic brethren. And, he only wants them here for his own personal gain. He wants the numbers so he'll have political clout to run for president. That's his primary goal. To hell with what's best for this country. If any other group were living here illegally by the millions, he and his cohorts would be the first in line to oppose. That's the most sickening part of their hypocrisy.

They have the nerve to petition Congress for a moratorium on legal immigration from Africa, but we should embrace everyone from SOB. I will never understand how so many can support this blatant discrimination, yet whine about the poor "undocumented" (code word for Hispanic) being treated unfairly. It's even more disturbing that so many black people, including members of Congress, have jumped on this bandwagon. Not one has rebuked Janet Murguia for her racist request. Not one.
Yes, even in this forum if we dare advocate for more diversity in our immigration numbers we are viewed as discriminating against Mexicans. Isn't it the other way around when someone wants unlimited immigration or at least to maintain the current numbers annually for Mexicans when other nationalities are far less percentage wise in numbers than them? What twisted thinking! Diversiity encourages assimilation the opposite does not. Not to mention how unfair it is to favor a particular group.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, even in this forum if we dare advocate for more diversity in our immigration numbers we are viewed as discriminating against Mexicans. Isn't it the other way around when someone wants unlimited immigration or at least to maintain the current numbers annually for Mexicans when other nationalities are far less percentage wise in numbers than them? What twisted thinking! Diversiity encourages assimilation the opposite does not. Not to mention how unfair it is to favor a particular group.
You're absolutely right. Diversity does indeed encourage assimilation, which is why prior to massive illegal immigration we had a melting pot. What's wrong with having an equal number of immigrants from different regions of the world? Why must it be almost exclusively from Mexico? I would think having more than 10% from ANY foreign country would be enough. Family unity my foot. How about bringing some of the relatives of citizens who've been waiting for years for their loved ones to join them, like tinman, and non-citizens here legally?

I have written to every member of the Congressional Black Caucus for an explanation as to why they sat idly by while Janet made such an overtly racist request. All I have received is crickets. They're members of Congress, so they certainly can't pretend they didn't know. I suppose they're foolish enough to believe if they continue to kiss enough Hispanic butt, they'll remain in Congress. Talk about a worthless bunch. They have become nothing but a social club for the black elite. It's sickening.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:05 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,065 times
Quote:
Mexico already accounts for the majority of chain migration...
Not even close historically, unless you want to define that "chain migration" suddenly started within the last 50 years. I am a direct product of chain migration, as many other Americans are: A brother notifying his siblings to come to the gold rush he was in (but one would lose his life in the mine), a man returning to the "old country" to bring back a wife, three families intermarried and immigrating together.

Quote:
...In addition, we currently have more than 10% of the citizens of Mexico living in the US. Now, they want illegals to be legalized so they can bring their remaining family members? Can anyone say this is a surprise? Isn't this what we've been saying? Perhaps after we have every illiterate, low-skilled Mexican living here, the bleeding hearts will be satisfied. Then, Mexico can prosper, and the U.S. can finally implode...
Then we must be different, because I can only see that we would bring my Mother-In-Law over for her care, but that is even unlikely to happen. My wife's family is very settled to where they want to be, in Mexico. Maybe one of her nephews will come for his employment, but that visa would be granted by a higher power anyway.

Quote:
...Gutierrez doesn't give a damn about illegals other than his ethnic brethren. And, he only wants them here for his own personal gain. He wants the numbers so he'll have political clout to run for president. That's his primary goal. To hell with what's best for this country. If any other group were living here illegally by the millions, he and his cohorts would be the first in line to oppose. That's the most sickening part of their hypocrisy...
Of course Gutierrez is Puerto Rician, and I can't see him having enough "clout" to run for President any time soon...

Old 11-30-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Not even close historically, unless you want to define that "chain migration" suddenly started within the last 50 years. I am a direct product of chain migration, as many other Americans are: A brother notifying his siblings to come to the gold rush he was in (but one would lose his life in the mine), a man returning to the "old country" to bring back a wife, three families intermarried and immigrating together.

Then we must be different, because I can only see that we would bring my Mother-In-Law over for her care, but that is even unlikely to happen. My wife's family is very settled to where they want to be, in Mexico. Maybe one of her nephews will come for his employment, but that visa would be granted by a higher power anyway.

Of course Gutierrez is Puerto Rician, and I can't see him having enough "clout" to run for President any time soon...
So is it your claim that it is fair for Mexicans and other Latinos to have the highest legal immigration numbers today because in the past it was mostly Euroopeans? Actually, those Europeans were very diversified unless you want to claim that German, Irish, Italian, Polish, etc. cultures and languages were all the same. When will Mexicans and other Latinos catch up with past immigration and what does the past have to do with it anyway? I would think that they have already caught up with European immigration from long ago or even surpassed it especially if you add in their illegal immigration numbers. When do we start diversifying? Or is that unacceptable to you?

Old 11-30-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Most Hispanics regardless of their ancestor's nationalities would vote for him in droves if he ran. He is one of their "illegal immigration" heroes. The way that our non-hispanic politicians are falling all over themselves to pander for the Hispanic vote, I'd beleive in a heartbeat that the Democrats would put him on the ticket.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
What? You know exactly what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Unless your family plans to join those here illegally, Gutierrez isn't referring to them. Otherwise, he would not have said the following. .

Quote:
We want people to get right with the law. . . .

Quote:
Regardless, as Oldglory said, Gutierrez is considered a savior by Dreamies and other illegals. I hope you aren't suggesting only a Mexican Hispanic could have enough clout to run for president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration