Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

How sick is this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 09:12 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
So... this is a pro-Obamacare thread?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:19 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
If she was an illegal would have gotten her treatment like other illegals have gotten?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Illegals are being moved to the top of the organ transplantation waiting lists --- and also are not expected to buy insurance or pay for their health care --- Americans without insurance can be turned away.

Obama was very considerate of illegals with Obamacare -- while Americans are going to be forced to pay in thousands, illegals are exempt from having to pay. As usual, they can expect completely free healthcare here in this country.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
So, let me get this straight. If a "sick" illegal alien over the age of 21 notifies ICE and informs them that they are in the country illegally, they will then qualify for both federal and state health coverage. There are no income requirements? No age requirements, other than they must be over the age of 21?

Yet, if a "sick" citizen lacks health insurance, they do not qualify for federal or state health coverage unless they also have dependent children AND meet specific income requirements. They must also have a disability, or be at least 65 years-old. That is, until the January 2014 effective date of the Affordable Care Act. What's wrong with this picture?

Quote:
There is currently no federal requirement that states provide health coverage to adults without dependent children. These adults qualify for Medicaid coverage only if they have a disability or are age 65 or older. However, about half of states provide some coverage through federal waivers or state-funded programs for non-disabled adults who have limited incomes but do not otherwise qualify for Medicaid.
Non-Disabled Adults | Medicaid.gov

I also recall an illegal alien who had had 3 tax-funded organ transplants, and was told she could not receive a fourth. Then, someone advised her if she told the feds she was in the country illegally she would qualify for her fourth transplant. She did, and received the transplant.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:32 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
We're paying for all of it and are being bled dry. I wonder how the government is going to pay for these perks for illegals once they have totally destroyed the middle class?

Old 12-27-2012, 02:38 PM

302 posts, read 474,167 times
I have not been able to get medical care for two years. I am on SSDI, but not eligible for Medicaid because I worked my whole life and now receive a little more in SSDI than the maximum allowable to be eligible. My Medicare will start Feb 1st after my 24 month waiting period. They will take $104.99 out of my SSDI to pay for my Part B monthly premium, and then I will pay co-pays to see a doctor. I don't know how I am going to afford either of those things when I don't get enough to live on as it is. Please don't bother to tell me about all the "help" there is out there with free drugs, etc. We've already been through all of that, and could probably write a book on on how "helpful" these things really are.

About a year ago my family made me go to the ER because I was severely ill. They treated me like scum because I didn't have insurance, made me wait 8 hours to be seen while taking every illegal, and there were many, before me. My guess is they received treatment, I did not. The past two years have been hell with no meds or treatment, and there were many times I didn't think I was going to make it until the Medicare kicked in. Being in constant pain 24/7 has taken its toll on me and my family.

I have no doubt if I was an illegal, I would have no trouble getting free medical care. But as a legal citizen, my country couldn't care less if I lived or died.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
I have not been able to get medical care for two years. I am on SSDI, but not eligible for Medicaid because I worked my whole life and now receive a little more in SSDI than the maximum allowable to be eligible. My Medicare will start Feb 1st after my 24 month waiting period. They will take $104.99 out of my SSDI to pay for my Part B monthly premium, and then I will pay co-pays to see a doctor. I don't know how I am going to afford either of those things when I don't get enough to live on as it is. Please don't bother to tell me about all the "help" there is out there with free drugs, etc. We've already been through all of that, and could probably write a book on on how "helpful" these things really are.

About a year ago my family made me go to the ER because I was severely ill. They treated me like scum because I didn't have insurance, made me wait 8 hours to be seen while taking every illegal, and there were many, before me. My guess is they received treatment, I did not. The past two years have been hell with no meds or treatment, and there were many times I didn't think I was going to make it until the Medicare kicked in. Being in constant pain 24/7 has taken its toll on me and my family.

I have no doubt if I was an illegal, I would have no trouble getting free medical care. But as a legal citizen, my country couldn't care less if I lived or died.
This is absolutely sickening. Our government gives illegals the red carpet treatment, while it treats citizens like dirt. I wish you the best.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Apparently...

It might also end up as many claims of hospital malfeasance about ER triage procedures too...

Old 12-27-2012, 09:03 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Uh, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration