Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,682,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
I have not been able to get medical care for two years. I am on SSDI, but not eligible for Medicaid because I worked my whole life and now receive a little more in SSDI than the maximum allowable to be eligible. My Medicare will start Feb 1st after my 24 month waiting period. They will take $104.99 out of my SSDI to pay for my Part B monthly premium, and then I will pay co-pays to see a doctor. I don't know how I am going to afford either of those things when I don't get enough to live on as it is. Please don't bother to tell me about all the "help" there is out there with free drugs, etc. We've already been through all of that, and could probably write a book on on how "helpful" these things really are.

About a year ago my family made me go to the ER because I was severely ill. They treated me like scum because I didn't have insurance, made me wait 8 hours to be seen while taking every illegal, and there were many, before me. My guess is they received treatment, I did not. The past two years have been hell with no meds or treatment, and there were many times I didn't think I was going to make it until the Medicare kicked in. Being in constant pain 24/7 has taken its toll on me and my family.

I have no doubt if I was an illegal, I would have no trouble getting free medical care. But as a legal citizen, my country couldn't care less if I lived or died.
Sorry to hear.

Yes its unbelievable how illegals get better treatment than citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration