Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"His progressive legacy is continuing the civil rights movements to the very last groups that have been marginalized," said Douglas Brinkley, a Rice University historian who has written extensively about presidents. "He is, in a way, trying to bring into the fold the last people who haven't made it."
Obama's Legacy Could Hinge on Immigration Reform | Fox News Latino

In other words, Obama plans to portray illegal immigration as the new "Civil Rights Movement," and will use his power and influence to convince the masses that illegal aliens are being denied their "rightful" place in this country. Never mind the fact that their mere presence is a violation of our laws. Never mind the fact that he took an oath in which he swore to uphold the laws of this land, and protect the citizens of this country.

So, now illegal aliens are the last people who haven't made it? Well gee, I thought we still have over 20 million unemployed/underemployed citizens. How have they made it? I thought we still have over 40 million receiving food stamps. How have they made it? I thought we still have thousands of homeless veterans, many whom are desperately waiting for psychiatric care. In fact, some have been on the waiting list for as long as 5 years. I suppose, they too, have already made it.

Despite the millions of suffering citizens, a crumbling infrastructure, and incredibly high debt, he has chosen to make his top priority foreigners who didn't have enough respect for this country or its sovereignty to enter through the front door. Who thumb their noses at our laws, mock us, steal identities from our citizens, and are sucking us dry. He wants THEM to be his legacy?

Quote:
The full list of the Senate's priority bills, as confirmed by Reid's office Saturday:

Comprehensive Immigration Reform
Sandy Hook Elementary School Violence Reduction Act
Strengthen our Schools and Students Act
Rebuild America Act
Violence Against Women Act
Putting Our Veterans Back to Work Act
Preparing for Extreme Weather
End Wasteful Tax Loopholes
Clean and Fair Elections Act
Agriculture Jobs Bill
I see a veterans' jobs bill. What about the rest of the citizens? Or, should we assume that's included in the "Rebuild America Act?" Regardless, citizens obviously take a backseat to illegals.

Last edited by Benicar; 01-20-2013 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 11:20 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
We can certainly see where Obama's priorities lay and they aren't with the American people. Power and special interest votes trumps that. He isn't alone though there are many like-minded congressmen.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
That's because he intends to have as his legacy a one-party country -- very much like Mexico that is ruled by only one party -- with almost no exceptions.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obama's Legacy Could Hinge on Immigration Reform | Fox News Latino

In other words, Obama plans to portray illegal immigration as the new "Civil Rights Movement," and will use his power and influence to convince the masses that illegal aliens are being denied their "rightful" place in this country. Never mind the fact that their mere presence is a violation of our laws. Never mind the fact that he took an oath in which he swore to uphold the laws of this land, and protect the citizens of this country.

So, now illegal aliens are the last people who haven't made it? Well gee, I thought we still have over 20 million unemployed/underemployed citizens. How have they made it? I thought we still have over 40 million receiving food stamps. How have they made it? I thought we still have thousands of homeless veterans, many whom are desperately waiting for psychiatric care. In fact, some have been on the waiting list for as long as 5 years. I suppose, they too, have already made it.

Despite the millions of suffering citizens, a crumbling infrastructure, and incredibly high debt, he has chosen to make his top priority foreigners who didn't have enough respect for this country or its sovereignty to enter through the front door. Who thumb their noses at our laws, mock us, steal identities from our citizens, and are sucking us dry. He wants THEM to be his legacy?

I see a veterans' jobs bill. What about the rest of the citizens? Or, should we assume that's included in the "Rebuild America Act?" Regardless, citizens obviously take a backseat to illegals.
New Civil "rights" movement? Uh; Obama, illegal aliens are crooks and that's true in ANY place in the world.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's because he intends to have as his legacy a one-party country -- very much like Mexico that is ruled by only one party -- with almost no exceptions.
Agreed and it makes me real sad.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Congress isn't going to be happy until they transform capitalism into neo-industrial fuedalism.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:07 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,640 times
We have a treasonous president, there is no other explanation
for his behavior.

barry's reign will end badly and it won't be a pretty sight to see.
I feel badly for those drowning in the cool aid.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
The likely bill to pass will be a compromise between the WH vision and Rubio's which is a pathway with responsibilities and criteria.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:33 AM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
In twenty years when the "new" illegal alien population has reached 50 million his legacy will be looked at as one of the most backwards ever in office. History has already laid the groundwork.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The likely bill to pass will be a compromise between the WH vision and Rubio's which is a pathway with responsibilities and criteria.
Been there, done that. Result: An estimated 12-20+ million illegal aliens, which in reality may be as high as 30 million. I hate to think of the millions we'll get from another failed amnesty. If you care about this country, you better hope it doesn't pass. If it does, watch the floodgates open. History will repeat itself tenfold.

I have to wonder how many times U.S. citizens will allow themselves to be so pathetically duped. Castro dumped his miscreants, prisoners, and mental patients on our shores, and we welcomed them with open arms and countless billions of taxpayers' money. We even went so far as to grant any Cuban who subsequently managed to reach our shores a safe haven and a chance for the "American Dream."

Mexico borrowed a chapter from Cuba's book and decided to dump its underclass and criminals on the USA. Why not? It worked for Cuba. Then, in 1986, Congress stupidly granted amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens, swearing to never do it again. Realizing the U.S. was ripe for the picking Mexico continued to use us as a dumping ground, even publishing pamphlets to assist in illegal entry, complete with locations of social service offices, info on their "rights" in this country, and other goodies.

Now, in 2013, after years of failing to enforce our laws, years of accommodating illegals, and years of ignoring unscrupulous employers, Congress is again proposing amnesty; and, again, Mexico is the primary country of origin. Mexico must consider us the biggest fools on earth, because they continue to rid themselves of their underclass to the detriment of this country. Meanwhile, they enjoy billions of U.S. dollars from monthly remittances, their middle class continues to grow while ours continues to decline, and all who oppose this travesty are vilified. If not so incredibly insane, this would actually be funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration