Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The more kids an illegal immigrant has, the more insulated he/she is from being deported. Illegal immigrants know this. Coupled with taxpayer- funded prenatal care, why in the world wouldn't an illegal come here and spit out as many babies as possible?

America is screwed, big time, and liberalism is to blame because it is the liberals who refuse to pull the plug on coddling illegal immigrants and will scream bloody murder when someone even mentions doing so.

I absolutely detest liberalism with every fiber of my being.
I'm a liberal, and the ideas you ascribe to liberals are unfamiliar to me. I don't know any liberals who think like this.

What exactly do you think "liberalism" is?

I describe myself as "liberal" because I am pretty far left when it comes to social issues; I'm pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-civil rights, pro-free speech, anti-censorship, pro-legalization of marijuana, pro-nationalized healthcare, etc.

I'm also pro-gun AND a gun owner. I'm anti-illegal immigration. Those are "right wing" stances.

As for fiscal matters, I believe BOTH parties are wrong. I don't have a solution but I don't think blindly throwing money at any problem is a cure-all (not that Democrats really do this all that often) and I don't think "starving the beast" is the answer either.

So...again, what do you think a "liberal" is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, I doubt there are many swimming here already in labor but some or many do cross pregnant knowing all the care in the world is waiting for them here at the taxpayer expense not to mention the benefits of giving birth on our soil. Birth tourism should be stopped also.
There may not be many, but it certainly does happen.

Quote:
Joe Riley is the CEO of the McAllen Texas Medical Center near the Texas-Mexico border. Forty percent of the children born there, nearly 2,400 last year, were the babies of illegal immigrants.

Riley has seen and heard it all.

"Mothers about to give birth that walk up to the hospital still wet from swimming across the river in actual labor … dirty, wet, cold," he said.
Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense - CBS News

Old 01-25-2013, 11:40 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I stand corrected, Benicar. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I stand corrected, Benicar. Thanks.
It seems so far-fetched I can definitely understand your disbelief. But, illegals will stop at nothing to take advantage of this country, even risking the lives of their unborn babies. I would find it unbelievable also, if not for accounts from attending physicians. Yet, according to pro-illegals, they are only coming here to work.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:

Thank you for posting that because everytime someone says illegals don't cost us anything I post that video.

I am a moderate pretty much (as in I think extremists on both sides are creepy)but I am very far right when it comes to this issue. In Illinois we have a program called "healthy moms and babies" and immigration status and lack of a social security card doesn't prevent them from getting it. In fact on their website it even states this:You do not have to be a citizen or a legal immigrant to get Moms & Babies.
You do not need to have a Social Security number to get Moms & Babies.
Moms & Babies Programs for Pregnant Women

The result? most of those on our various welfare programs (especially Medicaid)are illegals and their children. Meanwhile our taxes go up and the sick irony is if you are a childless person you can't get healthcare. Can someone explain to me why someone like me is less important than a freeloading welfare illegal leech? Not like many are going to become something important anyway.

We need to deport all of them back who abuse the system and we would have money for our citizens who paid into the system.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Thank you for posting that because everytime someone says illegals don't cost us anything I post that video.

I am a moderate pretty much (as in I think extremists on both sides are creepy)but I am very far right when it comes to this issue. In Illinois we have a program called "healthy moms and babies" and immigration status and lack of a social security card doesn't prevent them from getting it. In fact on their website it even states this:You do not have to be a citizen or a legal immigrant to get Moms & Babies.
You do not need to have a Social Security number to get Moms & Babies.
Moms & Babies Programs for Pregnant Women

The result? most of those on our various welfare programs (especially Medicaid)are illegals and their children. Meanwhile our taxes go up and the sick irony is if you are a childless person you can't get healthcare. Can someone explain to me why someone like me is less important than a freeloading welfare illegal leech? Not like many are going to become something important anyway.

We need to deport all of them back who abuse the system and we would have money for our citizens who paid into the system.
I am also a moderate, but VERY anti-illegal immigration. Sadly, the fraud and abuse is happening in every state. They're draining us dry, but too many citizens are blinded by party loyalty to allow themselves to see the truth. We can't sustain this. No country could.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I am also a moderate, but VERY anti-illegal immigration. Sadly, the fraud and abuse is happening in every state. They're draining us dry, but too many citizens are blinded by party loyalty to allow themselves to see the truth. We can't sustain this. No country could.
That is true and it will continue until people wake up. These people don't contribute to society but take and then take more. They crowd the schools, they rarely pay taxes (or very little)because they work under the table, they take jobs from Americans and lower wages and so much more. Most of them are barely literate in their language and refuse to learn ours so we cater to them. I know the medical aspect bothers me big time because a few years ago I needed surgery and called to see if I qualified for Medicaid. I have been working over 20 years and thought once I needed help I would get it. Instead I found out that because I was childless I couldn't receive help. The lady said she was sorry the system was that way but yes the illegals got healthcare. Luckily I did get insurance soon after and got the surgery done.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
That is true and it will continue until people wake up. These people don't contribute to society but take and then take more. They crowd the schools, they rarely pay taxes (or very little)because they work under the table, they take jobs from Americans and lower wages and so much more. Most of them are barely literate in their language and refuse to learn ours so we cater to them. I know the medical aspect bothers me big time because a few years ago I needed surgery and called to see if I qualified for Medicaid. I have been working over 20 years and thought once I needed help I would get it. Instead I found out that because I was childless I couldn't receive help. The lady said she was sorry the system was that way but yes the illegals got healthcare. Luckily I did get insurance soon after and got the surgery done.
That's what really boils my blood. If you're a citizen, you don't qualify for Medicaid unless you have minor children and meet the income requirements, or have a bona fide disability. But, if you're here illegally, you receive tax-funded medical care (including surgery), organ transplants, kidney dialysis, cancer treatment, prenatal care, the list goes on. It's a sad, sad commentary when a country treats illegal aliens better than its own citizens.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
That's what really boils my blood. If you're a citizen, you don't qualify for Medicaid unless you have minor children and meet the income requirements, or have a bona fide disability. But, if you're here illegally, you receive tax-funded medical care (including surgery), organ transplants, kidney dialysis, cancer treatment, prenatal care, the list goes on. It's a sad, sad commentary when a country treats illegal aliens better than its own citizens.
The sad thing is I never knew about this unfair treatment until I needed help. I always assumed I could receive help if needed. It made me hate the whole issue even more and swung me so far right on this.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
The sad thing is I never knew about this unfair treatment until I needed help. I always assumed I could receive help if needed. It made me hate the whole issue even more and swung me so far right on this.
Most aren't aware of the unfair treatment unless they've researched this issue or had a personal experience. I had a friend who died while on a heart transplant waiting list, while an illegal received not one, but TWO heart-lung transplants. Unfortunately, she also died shortly after the second transplant due to an incompatible heart. Her family sued, and Duke Medical Center settled for an undisclosed amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration