Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 01:47 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

If they change things than at least they should allow legal visa holders to have path to a greencard.

I know a guy who is ere for 13 years, legal!!! and has no path to a greencard since he is her on an E 2 visa and he has to leave the country when he turns 21 or has to get a visa on his own which is not easy so it might be better to have his I-94 card expie and go the illegal path .....sadly that is how this system is almost pushing kis to do it since the Obama government and the GOP don't seem to care about legals only t get the vote of the illegals.

I forsee a lawsuit and they deserve it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Senate group reaches immigration deal - Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

Figures. Lets hope this crap gets defeated.
It'll pass the Senate easy like 80-20. The house maybe dicey but Boehner is behind it unless there is some sort of GOP internal rebellion it should pass.

I'm over this issue. Romney staked as hard line a position on illegal immigration of any major candidate since Eisenhower and was punished for it. Folks didn't have his back. So I say legalize them all don't make them wait and triple the H1Bs while at. Why should lower income Americans see their wages drop by themselves. Let some if these smug Silicon Valley liberal types see their wages collapse too.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It'll pass the Senate easy like 80-20. The house maybe dicey but Boehner is behind it unless there is some sort of GOP internal rebellion it should pass.

I'm over this issue. Romney staked as hard line a position on illegal immigration of any major candidate since Eisenhower and was punished for it. Folks didn't have his back. So I say legalize them all don't make them wait and triple the H1Bs while at. Why should lower income Americans see their wages drop by themselves. Let some if these smug Silicon Valley liberal types see their wages collapse too.
I'm a white collar IT worker and I know damn well my wages have been kept stagnant for a decade thanks to H1-Bs. Triple them? Eff that; get rid of them altogether. And send half the H1-Bs home while you're at it.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
These people along with Obama should be impeached and tried for treason. And its disgusting how these people put the wishes of the Hispanic voting bloc before their American voters.

And also this reflects on the extent of Hispanic racism in America. Why does the Hispanic voting bloc support illegal immigration? Because most illegeals are the same race as them, the same reason most blacks voted for Obama. Its about time thesse Hispanics living here considered themselves Americans and showed some loyalty to this country vs engage in treason and sedition.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That's my attitude now. I was one of the people who shut down the congressional switch board but evidently people want amnesty now. I'm just going to watch from the sidelines this time.
I haven't given up but I have given serious thought to moving to Canada. Actually, most Americans are not in favor amnesty. It is only those politicians who are pandering for votes and illegal immigrant supporters many of whom have a shared ethnicity and bleeding heart liberals (not all liberals are bleeding hearts however as there is at least one on this forum who is not).

Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I haven't given up but I have given serious thought to moving to Canada. Actually, most Americans are not in favor amnesty. It is only those politicians who are pandering for votes and illegal immigrant supporters many of whom have a shared ethnicity and bleeding heart liberals (not all liberals are bleeding hearts however as there is at least one on this forum who is not).
You have claimed that you only are concerned about illegal immigration. If the law is changed and the people are no longer in the country illegally, what is your continued objection based on? It is clear that your claim that this was about illegal vs. legal was just a sham.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:18 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
You have claimed that you only are concerned about illegal immigration. If the law is changed and the people are no longer in the country illegally, what is your continued objection based on? It is clear that your claim that this was about illegal vs. legal was just a sham.
I welcome those who respect this country enough to go through legal channels. I will never embrace those who came here illegally, and then were legalized because greedy, power-hungry, spineless politicians chose to sell this country for votes. As far as I'm concerned, they will always be illegal. It's like people caught cheating on exams, and then being rewarded with a degree. They don't deserve it, because they didn't earn it. Nor is it fair to those who played by the rules. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:35 PM

215 posts, read 182,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Canada might be worse. I have family there and have family just south of the border. I've been there on a few occasions as well.

Canadian Immigration System The Worst: Financial Post

Canada: worst immigration system in the world | Diane Francis | Financial Post

Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 PM

157 posts, read 137,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I welcome those who respect this country enough to go through legal channels. I will never embrace those who came here illegally, and then were legalized because greedy, power-hungry, spineless politicians chose to sell this country for votes. As far as I'm concerned, they will always be illegal. It's like people caught cheating on exams, and then being rewarded with a degree. They don't deserve it, because they didn't earn it. Nor is it fair to those who played by the rules. Once a cheat, always a cheat.
I've never been able to think of a way that any amnesty could be fair to those who immigrated legally. It's a slap in the face and tells them what chumps they were. Waving a magic wand and declaring them "legal" does not take away the fact that they cheated in the first place.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I agree with the person that says to let your congressman know how you feel about this issue. E-mails can be ignored better than a letter sent to their office. I hope they get a ton of mail.

To get the address of your representatives just put your zip code in the proper box.

www.senate.gov
www.house.gov

Last edited by NCN; 01-28-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration