Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times

Advertisements

In a state of 38M, approximately one quarter is illegal immigrants from central america.

Who but the complacently ignorant would live in the US their whole adult lives while making no effort to learn English?

This is the price of diversity- you try ask someone a simple question and get a blank stare in return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Your link does not back up your assertion.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Your link does not back up your assertion.
OK.

Any explanation?

Or is it just an a priori fact?

I reason that most hispanics legally present in the USA are English speakers if not English-only speakers.

Most hispanics illegally in the USA don't need to learn English because all the taxpayer-funded resources they depend upon are explained to them in their native language.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:01 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
OK.

Any explanation?

Or is it just an a priori fact?

I reason that most hispanics legally present in the USA are English speakers if not English-only speakers.

Most hispanics illegally in the USA don't need to learn English because all the taxpayer-funded resources they depend upon are explained to them in their native language.
I would venture to say that their are alot of older LEGAL Hispanic immigrants( and older immigrants of all other ethnicities) that don't speak English that well or at all but their are alot of Illegals that speak English.

You can live in many areas of California and get by speaking Spanish only. Even though California is flooded with Illegals I seriously doubt 1/4 of the population is Illegal.

If you were referring to parts of Los Angeles or Santa Ana California then maybe.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
I believe it's a possibility

Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
A lot may be part of that huge family chain migration because illegals are being given legal status and then can bring in other family members, and they can bring in more family members. A huge chunk of this problem are illegals but also all those million coming in legally and given US citizenship are not here because they'll make any effort at all of their own. They're here for the easy life.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:26 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
In a state of 38M, approximately one quarter is illegal immigrants from central america.

Who but the complacently ignorant would live in the US their whole adult lives while making no effort to learn English?

This is the price of diversity- you try ask someone a simple question and get a blank stare in return.

Your assertion:One Quarter of CA Population is Illegal- means 1/4 of the total population of people in California; citizens, legal and illegal aliens is 1/4 illegal.

The link says: of the 38 million californians[citizens, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants], 1/4 of the illegal alien population are illegal aliens from Central America. Meaning that 3/4 of the illegal alien population in California is from other places than Central America.

1/4 total population vs. 1/4 of the illegal alien population.

See the distinction?

Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,848,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Your assertion:One Quarter of CA Population is Illegal- means 1/4 of the total population of people in California; citizens, legal and illegal aliens is 1/4 illegal.

The link says: of the 38 million californians[citizens, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants], 1/4 of the illegal alien population are illegal aliens from Central America. Meaning that 3/4 of the illegal alien population in California is from other places than Central America.

1/4 total population vs. 1/4 of the illegal alien population.

See the distinction?
Wait until you have to argue with someone here (actually a related couple of someones) that the data they got from a blog combining only the year 2009 numbers of Mexicans that were naturalizing, and those Mexicans receiving Legal Residency in that year, as the total amount of what they believe are "Mexicans here legally":

By that inference, it is a belief in a chart on a blog that there was only 1.9 million legal immigrants too. Did I try to correct them (unsuccessfully) a few times afterwards? You betcha:

Why I think the Hispanic majority population by 2050 is to be taken with a grain of salt

How many illegals?

Why do people care about illegal immigration?

Old 03-09-2013, 02:15 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Wait until you have to argue with someone here (actually a related couple of someones) that the data they got from a blog combining only the year 2009 numbers of Mexicans that were naturalizing, and those Mexicans receiving Legal Residency in that year, as the total amount of what they believe are "Mexicans here legally":

By that inference, it is a belief in a chart on a blog that there was only 1.9 million legal immigrants too. Did I try to correct them (unsuccessfully) a few times afterwards? You betcha:

Why I think the Hispanic majority population by 2050 is to be taken with a grain of salt

How many illegals?

I was commenting on the OP assertion.
if you havent noticed the OP has a propensity of changing link titles to fit the narrative.

His tag line: 1/4 Ca pop is illegal. His link title: 1/4 illegals from C. America. You explain his point.

Show me where 1/4 total Ca pop is illegal and of that 1/4 is from C.Am. Show me where he link either one of those statistics.

38 / 4 = 9.5 mil illegal aliens. 12 mil nationally. Do the math. Ca has 75 percent of US illegal alien pop?

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 03-09-2013 at 02:30 PM..

Old 03-09-2013, 02:28 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

How many illegals?

The blog data came from Homeland Security and still proves that Mexicans are here by far both legally and illegally in the largest numbers. My wife doesn't post in here anymore so how can one argue with her in here? End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration