Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:11 AM

38 posts, read 173,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Who listens to the KKK anymore anyway?
I just wish that all the people with dark hearts would wear them on their sleaves. We can easily dismiss the racism when we know the source is the Klan. The ideas are dangerous to our democracy, not the source. The Klansmen see themselves as modern-day saints and with irrefutable conviction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 04:20 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I refuse to be called a racist for wanting my country, my homeland secured. It is the job of our elected officials, and our President to protect us. That is supposed to be their job priority #1, and they are failing. Non-American citizens took the lives of over 3,000 of my people, good people, on Sept. 11, 2001. Other countries, such as MEXICO, have strict immigration policies. I'll make no apologies for wanting OUR policies, and our laws, enforced. To hell with "diversity". The word "diversity" comes from the word "divide". This country is built on finding the similarties among us, no matter what nationality or background we come from, not the differences. I'm tired of being told I have to embrace "diversity", and I'm really tired of being told we are a nation of immigrants. We are supposed to be a nation of Americans!!!
And I refuse to be called a racist for wanting my state, my homeland secured. Notwithstanding, our immigration policies did nothing to protect us on September 11, 2001. They were here legally.

Other countries, such as MEXICO, have elitist immigration policies. Naturalized Citizens will never be considered real citizens and will never have the rights of native-born citizens. Ever heard the story of blacks being pulled over and forced to sing the Mexican Anthem to prove that they are "Mexican."

The smearing of "diversity" is a cover to revive racism and segregationism. The attack of political correctness is an attack of decency. Apparently the real goal of these extremists is to make n---ger an acceptable word again without social sanctions that the "political correctness police" have enforced.

I'm tired of being told that we are Americans. We are supposed to be a nation of North Americans.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
I'm tired of being told that we are Americans. We are supposed to be a nation of North Americans.
KerrTown:

Citizens of the USA are known as 'Americans'-------no more, no less.

I am an American------of Hungarian, English, Irish and possibly Black and American Indian tossed in about 6 generations back.

Canadians are citizens of Canada along the lines of a Mexican being a citizen of Mexico.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:41 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
KerrTown:

Citizens of the USA are known as 'Americans'-------no more, no less.

I am an American------of Hungarian, English, Irish and possibly Black and American Indian tossed in about 6 generations back.

Canadians are citizens of Canada along the lines of a Mexican being a citizen of Mexico.
You wouldn't be saying that if a Rush Limbaugh convinced you otherwise.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:49 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
I've asked many White people what their Ethnicity was. Most of them said German. Not one said they were just flat out White.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:58 PM

57 posts, read 197,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I've asked many White people what their Ethnicity was. Most of them said German. Not one said they were just flat out White.
And this surprises you? Why would they state the obvious?

Old 10-28-2007, 12:05 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times
Actually, yes. This does surprise me. I would of expected for them to say just White.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Actually, yes. This does surprise me. I would of expected for them to say just White.
Race and ethnicity are not the same.

I am 'White' yet my ethnicity; outside of being simply 'American' is Hungarian, English, and probably Irish, Black and American Indian (just a touch of the last two).

Old 10-28-2007, 09:39 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
It should surprise you that they understood your question better than you did!

Since when is "white" an ethnicity? There are white Hispanics, white Europeans, and even white Africans.

"Hispanic" is often (badly) used as an "ethnicity" but in the end, do a black Panamanian, a white Argenitinian, a Mestizo Mexican, and a indigenous Guatemalen REALLY share the same "ethnicity"?

Old 10-28-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It should surprise you that they understood your question better than you did!

Since when is "white" an ethnicity? There are white Hispanics, white Europeans, and even white Africans.

"Hispanic" is often (badly) used as an "ethnicity" but in the end, do a black Panamanian, a white Argenitinian, a Mestizo Mexican, and a indigenous Guatemalen REALLY share the same "ethnicity"?
Biologically speaking; of course not----------but; US Government guidelines are oftentimes illogical at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration