Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:19 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
So? They knew that was a possibility when they came here and dropped their anchor baby. They're the ones responsible for what happens to their child, not us. No sympathy.
Cattle and hogs "drop" babies----human beings "have" babies....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 09:22 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
So? They knew that was a possibility when they came here and dropped their anchor baby. They're the ones responsible for what happens to their child, not us. No sympathy.
He That Giveth, Shall Taketh Away.

Well in all honesty the kids are better off anyway, they will take the knowledge given in America and hopefully apply it in life. I know I would.

However, I think this will prove to be something in future, these children could grow up very angry at the United States.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:43 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It's a nautical pun.

Some people have no sense of humor.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:44 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,149,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
However, I think this will prove to be something in future, these children could grow up very angry at the United States.
Watch me care. The rest of the world is already pissed off at us. Status quo maintained.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:47 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I don't know why some get mad when I say you can usually tell illegals by their speaking Spanish. If they are in their 20s and 30s and they don't know a lick of English then they didn't attend school here. It's not a hard and fast rule, but given that the numbers jumped so dramatically in the last few years, it's a pretty good bet.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:50 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I don't know why some get mad when I say you can usually tell illegals by their speaking Spanish. If they are in their 20s and 30s and they don't know a lick of English then they didn't attend school here. It's not a hard and fast rule, but given that the numbers jumped so dramatically in the last few years, it's a pretty good bet.
Well I just gave an example of my mother who is a stay at home mom, is legal since the 80's and doesn't know english well enough to speak it.

She also lives in South Florida where spanish is very common.

So don't go judging people.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:54 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
It's not just speaking Spanish, it's what they wear, what they drive, how they act, etc. I grew up around a lot of legal hispanic people, it's not that big of a jump to observe the difference.

I know one guy who can narrow down the state in Mexico and sometimes even the ranch.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:54 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Surely you have heard of 'dropping anchor'?

Old 11-02-2007, 10:19 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
I have read quite a few articles lately about hordes of illegals, mostly from Mexico, who are packing it up and heading back home. My question is; Many of these families have had children here in the United Stated who are technically American citizens. Will they be considered illegal aliens in Mexico? Will they be in danger of deportation?
I believe that anyone with one Mexican parent can automatically be given Mexican citizenship, and Mexico allows dual citizenship.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
That is a great question I have thought about that myself there is no easy answer.
I do not agree with anchor babies, but this is our law in we have allowed this for years now and these childern are american.

Ex. my son goes to school with a boy that is in 5th grade he was born here just 30 miles away. his whole life has been this small safe town. his mother is from mexico and is illegal(as his father)he speaks only english, all of his friends at school are white.we have notice that when he is talking to his mother at school he will only speaks to her in english this seems to upset her sometimes but you can tell she is very proud to be his mother.I think his father does sheet-rock due to there is always sheet-rock mud on his pants, he speaks a little english not much(I think he understands what everyone is saying)they always come to school togeather for everything plays,lunchs,programs you name it they are there.I have been told that the boy translates for his mother when she is talking with his teacher(he is also teaching his mother some english)they had to write a paper about there family his story was short, he has never meet his uncles are aunts they live in mexico he has never been there and does not want to go there he told every-one that very poor people live there they do not speak english, ride bikes, play football, join the band, have sleep overs, he then told us, he would never live some-where like that!!for he is an american.

my point is how do we deport these childern that know no other way of life,
they have been told they are americans like us(and they are).how do we go now and tell them you have no rights here in this is not your home?
and send them to a third world country!! and make them pay for their mothers crime, because that is what we would be doing.

I do not agree with anchor babies, but we have a major problem that there is no easy fix to. so does any-one have any ideas?

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
I agree with denying birthright citizenship but that should only apply to babies born after the law is passed. For a child to be a US citizen, at least one parent has to be a legal resident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration