Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:10 PM

537 posts, read 441,680 times

Advertisements

If the French can pass a bill like this to control their illegal alien problem, why can't we?

http://www.yahoo.com/s/715915
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 10:21 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,953,205 times
Because their immigration problem isn't nearly parallel to ours. And I wouldn't be praising the French, they hate you and me. They HATE Americans.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:25 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,562,173 times
Our immigrants want to undercut our economy and work cheap, not to hurt us. France's immigrants want to exterminate their "hosts". Big difference......

Old 10-27-2007, 10:26 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,715,833 times
Wow! things have changed. 50 years ago the Frenched MOD CUT for liberating them from the Nazi's. My brother lives in France and they dont hate America, they just hate anyone who doesn't speak French.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:30 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,953,205 times
Why would Americans want to learn French? I've never seen/met anyone speaking french.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:16 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,679,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
If the French can pass a bill like this to control their illegal alien problem, why can't we?
Because our politicians don't have the backbone the French politicians do.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post

http://www.yahoo.com/s/715915
i speak french i lived there. im not french. french have done a few things we dont like. but they have also done some stuff correctly. they have much in common with us. a love of liberty and democracy. i dont understand a lot of anti french behavior in my own country.
i mean they treat tourists badly in paris but its got to be more than that because not that many americans go there.
no?
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-28-2007, 02:21 AM

1,573 posts, read 4,065,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Because their immigration problem isn't nearly parallel to ours. And I wouldn't be praising the French, they hate you and me. They HATE Americans.
I lived in Europe back in the late 80's and never got the impression that French hated Americans. I even learned a little French.

French are a bit arrogant, no doubt about that, probably some of the most arrogant Europeans. But then, you can't go wrong overestimating the arrogance of Americans, either. And France has alot to be arrogant about, they have a pretty decent society overall. The only problem they have that is a real issue is the higher-than-average unemployment and immigration. The unemployment is a relatively minor problem and could be fixed with a little tweaking and liberalization of their labor laws, while immigration is a tougher nut to crack for them because some of their postwar economy was built on cheap Algerian guest labor.

It's a real shame that we can't get more French stuff in the US. Being a motorcycle aficionado, Peugeot makes some great motorcycles and scooters, but none of them are sold in the US. I'd love to have a Peugeot Jetforce or Compressor (a supercharged scooter, it'd be fun).

Being anti-French francophobes is about the stupidest meme the Right in the US has ever come up with.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:41 AM

133 posts, read 534,619 times
Quote:
And I wouldn't be praising the French, they hate you and me. They HATE Americans.
With those sorts of hateful comments and such stereotyping, it's hard to imagine why they wouldn't.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 AM

537 posts, read 441,680 times
Quote:
And Mexico hates us also, so why do you love them? BTW, they don't hate Americans. They hate Bush, like most intelligent people do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal
Our immigrants want to undercut our economy and work cheap, not to hurt us. France's immigrants want to exterminate their "hosts". Big difference......
Actually, many of the illegals and other immigrants want to exterminate the Anglo whites in this country. You need to keep up with what they really want. The illegal problem we have is very dangerous indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration