Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 04:20 PM

310 posts, read 256,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Please folks, let's not get too enthusiastic about this bill, it probably won't pass the House of Reps..

It'll probably die.
As well it should. I'm sure it is loaded with a bunch of crap other than a meaningful remedy for our immigration issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 04:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Because they're in the pocket of George Soros.
I guess we all need to hail the true Supreme Ruler of the United States, George Soros.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:26 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Well, on the other hand, the house can put riders in it that repeal Obamacare. Then they can say "we have to pass it to see what's in it" lol. Won't happen though.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:34 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Is John McShame senile or something?

"Secure our borders"? BULL****! There won't be any increased security, it's all a sham. Nothing but amnesty.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 PM

10 posts, read 9,458 times
It appears that the Senate is more interested in what they can get out of the bill.
Quote:
Pork Entices GOP 'Deficit Hawks' To Support Immigration Bill
Pork Entices GOP 'Deficit Hawks' To Support Immigration Bill - Forbes

Old 06-27-2013, 04:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Wasn't the bill written to provide a step by step approach to citizenship of illegals?

http://www.schumer.senate.gov/forms/immigration.pdf

Media outlets are already reporting that house republicans are saying the bill is a non starter.
House GOP opposes Senate-passed immigration bill
That would fit the rhetoric but not the action.

Oh I thought that it was named immigration REFORM. The meat of the bill will reward illegals for their numerous crimes against this nation.
Instead of addressing what is broken it addresses a path to citizenship.
Enforcement is not guaranteed and is in fact far from it.
It does in fact pardon illegals for criminal behavior. How is this Reform?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:21 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki_Anderson View Post
We stand ready to sit down and negotiate with you,” McCain said. “We should all share the same goal to take 11 million people out of the shadows, secure our borders and make sure this is the nation of opportunity and freedom that we’ve envisioned it to be since it was founded.”

Senate passes sweeping immigration bill - CNN.com

Do you agree or disagree? Also, What impact do you believe this will have on the American government and overall economy?
McCain is one of the biggest liars in congress & detested by most people in AZ. He has his head so far
up Obama's a$$ he could kiss his navel from the inside. He just is afraid without new voters that he will
lose his cushy job.

This will wreck the American economy by increasing people on government dole from 51% to ???????
It's not sustainable.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
They have never controlled the border has promised in 80's bill that basically was sold the same way as a fix and one time Its said that it wil lnot reach the floor of the house unless it has votes to pass; ala Reid in senate.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Please folks, let's not get too enthusiastic about this bill, it probably won't pass the House of Reps..

It'll probably die.
I would not depend on this. It is time to send an e-mail to your representative. I would say send a letter but I would be concerned that some type of powder might end up on it. Scary government we have in place right now.

I will repeat once more. We do not need immigration reform. There is nothing wrong with our immigration laws except that they are not being enforced. Ask that instead of reform that we get enforcement of the laws already on the books for five years and at the end of that time if we still have a problem then they can talk about changes. No use to make changes in the immigration laws when no one is enforcing the laws already there.

Gomer Pyle says, "If you do it to me once, shame on you. If you do it to me twice, shame on me." We have already had this song and dance before. Write your representative and demand what is right for American citizens, not the immigrants. They have no rights. They are not citizens.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:34 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I would not depend on this. It is time to send an e-mail to your representative. I would say send a letter but I would be concerned that some type of powder might end up on it. Scary government we have in place right now.

I will repeat once more. We do not need immigration reform. There is nothing wrong with our immigration laws except that they are not being enforced. Ask that instead of reform that we get enforcement of the laws already on the books for five years and at the end of that time if we still have a problem then they can talk about changes. No use to make changes in the immigration laws when no one is enforcing the laws already there.

Gomer Pyle says, "If you do it to me once, shame on you. If you do it to me twice, shame on me." We have already had this song and dance before. Write your representative and demand what is right for American citizens, not the immigrants. They have no rights. They are not citizens.
Depend on what? The house not killing the bill? pffffft.

Send mail to my rep? You gotta be kidding. Do you or anyone else really think sending communications to any rep will sway their opinion or change their minds?

Scary government right now? C'mon, I've been voting for over 40 years, not much has changed in government. It's been scaring me since 1972.

Please folks, no need to tell me about pork in bills either. When was the last time any of our legislators passed any bill without any pork fat in it? This is both sides too, not just one or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration