Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:56 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
He might as well. For the life of me, I can't figure out what happened to Jerry. I knew him when he was Secretary of State so long ago and always found him to be honest, ethical and down-to-earth. (This was even before the Moonbeam moniker.). Perhaps he has a touch of dementia? Our state is a huge mess, contrary to what Brown claims. Oh, yeah, then there is the high-speed rail he is trying to make his legacy. The train will travel through the Central Valley, home to the largest illegal population (unless LA, etc. has earned that honor), costing billions of dollars. And we thought Palin's Bridge to No Where was a boondoggle. Stay tuned.
We don't need a god darn train! We need desalination plants. We're not going to have any water here soon!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 02:53 PM

525 posts, read 815,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
We don't need a god darn train! We need desalination plants. We're not going to have any water here soon!!!
we need new highway signs too, all other states have well lit reflective clear sign while many in CA are faded and have graffiti on them.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:14 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I wonder if this is why California schools are coming in at 48th or 49th in the country. Coincidence?

My neighbor is a "resource teacher" here--meaning she spends all day teaching kids to speak English instead of reading and math. We have lots and lots of resource teachers.
Of course it has a huge impact. How can it not. I can't even send my kids to our local schools because there are too many esl kids bused in and the overall scores stink. I've learned to play the game though and choice my kids into schools outside of the district. We really have no choice.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:45 PM

16,581 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Brown, who recently said that illegal immigrants from Mexico were "all welcome in California," praised his administration's immigration policies. He said that California is "setting the pace" on immigration laws and mentioned bills he signed that gave driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, made California a sanctuary state (Trust Act), and granted in-state tuition to illegal immigrants (CA DREAM Act). Brown then said that these policies were necessary because "about 30%" of schoolchildren in California are "either undocumented or don't speak English."
As discussed before, liberals and their high minded beliefs are allowed on a macro level, but would never be tolerated on a micro level. Another words if the burden of what happens because of their wacko beliefs is paid for by others and does not directly affect them, they are pleased as punch. However they would object if they as individuals were made to directly experience the burden of uncontrolled illegal aliens flooding in.
For instance if they had to house, cloth, and feed them, they would say GTFO. However when they only need to pay a small portion of the cost, thereby making others pay the majority of the burden, they are all for it. That of course assumes that these liberals are paying property taxes, and/or federal income taxes. Some of course are promoting their ideas even though they don't pay a dime toward the end result of their liberalism.

Last, the uber wealthy liberals don't want these people in their exclusive neighborhoods, just like the Martha's Vineyard crowd does not want wind turbines. Oh, they support "green energy" so long as it is a visual blight in someone else's backyard.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
And they wonder why our schools are some of the worst in this Nation. Keep it up Jerry Brown. Have this State go further in the chit hole.

I love my home it is beautiful the ocean, San Clemente, sometimes I feel I live in my own little corner. But I do not, because what happens in the rest of this State has a dire effect on me. I hate what is happening here, but seems the politicians do not care one iota.

This should not be happening anywhere in America, if we actually had some politicians who have the ball-s to do something right for a change. Makes me sick, and disgusted, that politicians would just sell us out.

Maybe I see things wrong. Who knows but I believe American Children born in this Country, ought to come first before the needs of those who are here illegally. That is my take on it. Americans ought to come first before the needs of those who break laws and enter into this Country by illegal means. We need a President who truly is going to see to the needs of Americans before all others.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:16 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
We need a President who truly is going to see to the needs of Americans before all others.
We have not had a person like that in the White House since Eisenhower!

Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 PM

943 posts, read 1,198,371 times
Half of the kids in my college don't speak English, most of them are from Latin America (Brazil, Columbia) and PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain)

Old 09-11-2014, 05:38 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
Half of the kids in my college don't speak English, most of them are from Latin America (Brazil, Columbia) and PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain)
Weird; when I was at UT-Austin in the 90s, we had thousands of foreign students. The largest foreign cohort came from Latin America, and they were all completely fluent in English. The University set a very high bar for foreign student admissions and TOEFL results though.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:25 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,247,648 times
We must all thank the morons in the CA government for catering to the illegals. If it weren't for CA, think of how many illegals would be flooding into UT, ID, CO, WY, etc.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:29 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Brown, who recently said that illegal immigrants from Mexico were "all welcome in California," praised his administration's immigration policies. He said that California is "setting the pace" on immigration laws and mentioned bills he signed that gave driver's licenses to illegal immigrants, made California a sanctuary state (Trust Act), and granted in-state tuition to illegal immigrants (CA DREAM Act). Brown then said that these policies were necessary because "about 30%" of schoolchildren in California are "either undocumented or don't speak English."

Gov. Jerry Brown: Nearly 30% of CA Kids Illegal or 'Don't Speak English'
I sure that regular Californians are out raged over this latest breach of the Federal law. Gov. Brown has forgotten AZ1070.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration