Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 05:39 AM

89 posts, read 209,949 times

Advertisements

Obama needs to gtfo of the White House already and send him and the 15+ million illegals all packing out of the country. The political establishment is far to corrupt and beyond fixing. Abolish the corporate-state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 06:06 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Obama had 2 years of 100% Democrat control. Why didn't he do something then to get a bill passed ?

Old 11-14-2014, 06:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
The RW politicians will huff and puff, what remains of actual Repub politicians will say a few things but will not try to stop it, as it will provide some reforms that most politicians agree with. The blowhard RWers will continue to rant, the serious GOPers will embrace this going into law, the R Govs Prez wannabes will try to figure some way to sidestep the ranting nut jobs.

Last edited by florida.bob; 11-14-2014 at 07:31 AM..

Old 11-14-2014, 06:21 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Obama had 2 years of 100% Democrat control. Why didn't he do something then to get a bill passed ?
Actually about 6 months until Rs could make filibusters stick and he did pass Recovery Act(thanks is due by the way) and ACA(thanks is also due the way) then Rs took over the House and all things stopped.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:22 AM

27,144 posts, read 15,322,979 times
florida.bob-
"The RW politicians will huff and puff, what remains of actual Repub politicians will say a few things but will not try to stop it, as it will provide some reforms that most politicians agree with. The blowhard RWers will continue to rant, the serious GOPers will embrace this going into law, the R Govs Prez wannabes will try to figure some way to sidestep the anting nut jobs."

I think you much underestimate the outrage this will bring from the people Bob.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:24 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I think you much underestimate the outrage this will bring from the people.
Yep. Reeks of dictatorship. The president is not supposed to be writing or changing law--and that's what this EO will do if it goes through.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:24 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Actually about 6 months until Rs could make filibusters stick and he did pass Recovery Act(thanks is due by the way) and ACA(thanks is also due the way) then Rs took over the House and all things stopped.
But, but, but he didn't even try. He can't even wait 6 months now because he feels it's such a high priority.
He could have done it 4 years ago if it was that big of a priority.

Also, how's he gonna stop another 10 Million from coming across the border ?

The man could wait 6 months.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:23 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Yep. Reeks of dictatorship. The president is not supposed to be writing or changing law--and that's what this EO will do if it goes through.

Exactly and so very true. Reeks of something alright. But will his staunch supporters even get it. Or the usual excusers, they will back him up.

I have very good dear Mexican Friends who years ago, had too become US citizens the right way and yes it took time back then. They are also against this action taking place. Because they see the disadvantages to this Country, should and when this happens.

They see themselves who have prosper in this Country by dedication and hard work, they consider themselves Americans. But how many of those OBAMA lets thru will, feel this way.

The really sad irony here is that our own President, who ought to put the needs and wants of American Citizens first, have put us on the back-burner. Making the wants and desires of those who are known to break the law, his priority.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:02 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Exactly and so very true. Reeks of something alright. But will his staunch supporters even get it. Or the usual excusers, they will back him up.

I have very good dear Mexican Friends who years ago, had too become US citizens the right way and yes it took time back then. They are also against this action taking place. Because they see the disadvantages to this Country, should and when this happens.

They see themselves who have prosper in this Country by dedication and hard work, they consider themselves Americans. But how many of those OBAMA lets thru will, feel this way.

The really sad irony here is that our own President, who ought to put the needs and wants of American Citizens first, have put us on the back-burner. Making the wants and desires of those who are known to break the law, his priority.
My money says near-zero. You already see this. Illegal Mexican aliens protesting, wanting amnesty--and parading down the street carrying the Mexican flag. They want our milk and honey, but don't want to earn it the right way, and have no intention of assimilating at all. All so they can send money back home to Mexico. This money is Mexico's second or third largest source of income. It's no wonder the Mexican government bleats all the time about "amnesty" and "fair" treatment of the illegal Mexicans within our borders. Even though 75-80% of illegals are from Mexico, it's just as bad from any other country, no matter which one it is.

Those who have done it through legal channels should be PO'ed BIG time.

As for BHO--he's NOT culturally an American. He grew up relatively privileged, thanks to his white grandparents. His black African father was a deadbeat deserter who was apparently already married when he married BHO's mother. BHO spent years in Indonesia with a Muslim stepfather.

What I cannot believe is that those who read his books would actually vote for him. Standing with the muslims? It's no wonder he hates this country, and is so disconnected from it.

But he'll have his cushy pension and SS protection for the rest of his life. I wish there were some legal way to get rid of him before he is able to finish his term.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:02 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
This is outrageous, look I realize that we cannot deport 20 million people but we cannot pander to them either because then more of them will come, and in 20 years we will have to do a third round of amnesty.

Here's one thing that particularly irritates me; half of Americans under the age of 35 are either unemployed or underemployed (myself and 2 of my cousins fall into this category) yet Obama wants to give 600,000 illegals under the age of 35 the right to legally work in the US. What about all the American kids just out of college who cannot find jobs? What about all the high school kids who want to work a job after school or during the summer?

Apprehensions along all borders are skyrocketing. I was recently on vacation in Puerto Rico where I had a conservation with a Border Patrol agent who told me that apprehensions of Haitians and Dominicans are up 500% this year compared to 2013. If this is Puerto Rico then just imagine what it's like on the Mexican border. It's no coincidence folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration