Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 03:06 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

This is a response from one of my senators---the one that barely got re-elected this time around. You would think he would take a hint. Yet he continues to support that nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill that puts illegals ahead of Americans:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting me regarding our nation's immigration system.

I have heard from thousands of Virginians and met with hundreds of groups and individuals on the state of our immigration system and the vital need for reforms that meet our security and economic needs. A piecemeal approach will not be sufficient. A comprehensive review of our nation's immigration laws is necessary.

In June 2013, I voted for the Senate's strongly bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform package (S. 744), which passed on a 68-32 vote. I was proud to support this bill, which would strengthen our nation's borders to curb future illegal immigration, reform our visa program, and find a practical solution for the millions of illegal immigrants currently residing in the United States. However, the House of Representatives has refused to bring up the bipartisan reform package or propose an alternative solution.

On November 20, 2014, the Obama Administration announced a number of executive actions that address border security, the current unlawfully present population, and future legal immigration. While I understand President Obama's decision to take executive action, I do not believe that it represents a permanent solution. Only legislative action can provide the security and predictability that our communities and our country deserve.

I hope the House of Representatives will consider immigration reform and then work collaboratively with the Senate to resolve the differences. To do this, we will have to set aside partisan differences and have honest discussions on what works and what does not. This won't be an easy process, but comprehensive immigration reform is vital to our nation's security and economic success.

Again, thank you for contacting me. For further information or to sign up for my newsletter please visit my website at http://www.warner.senate.gov

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 04:20 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
This is a response from one of my senators---the one that barely got re-elected this time around. You would think he would take a hint. Yet he continues to support that nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill that puts illegals ahead of Americans:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting me regarding our nation's immigration system.

I have heard from thousands of Virginians and met with hundreds of groups and individuals on the state of our immigration system and the vital need for reforms that meet our security and economic needs. A piecemeal approach will not be sufficient. A comprehensive review of our nation's immigration laws is necessary.

In June 2013, I voted for the Senate's strongly bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform package (S. 744), which passed on a 68-32 vote. I was proud to support this bill, which would strengthen our nation's borders to curb future illegal immigration, reform our visa program, and find a practical solution for the millions of illegal immigrants currently residing in the United States. However, the House of Representatives has refused to bring up the bipartisan reform package or propose an alternative solution.

On November 20, 2014, the Obama Administration announced a number of executive actions that address border security, the current unlawfully present population, and future legal immigration. While I understand President Obama's decision to take executive action, I do not believe that it represents a permanent solution. Only legislative action can provide the security and predictability that our communities and our country deserve.

I hope the House of Representatives will consider immigration reform and then work collaboratively with the Senate to resolve the differences. To do this, we will have to set aside partisan differences and have honest discussions on what works and what does not. This won't be an easy process, but comprehensive immigration reform is vital to our nation's security and economic success.

Again, thank you for contacting me. For further information or to sign up for my newsletter please visit my website at http://www.warner.senate.gov

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator
CIR is amnesty plain and simple, Mr. Warner. If you support it you don't support the American worker/taxpayer and have no respect for our immigration laws.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
CIR is amnesty plain and simple, Mr. Warner. If you support it you don't support the American worker/taxpayer and have no respect for our immigration laws.
^Exactly! The "immigration reform bill" puts illegals ahead of Americans. Either Warner is oblivious to this or he knows and doesn't care. It's too bad low information voters voted to re-elect him. I even saw one of them write in a Washington Post comment section that Warner was the best senator Virginia ever had

Good grief!

Old 12-10-2014, 06:39 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,685,561 times
Makes me proud to have voted for him.
Emotion has no place in immigration policy. We need pragmatic reform and this seems like a good, albeit tiny, first step.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:20 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
Emotion has no place in immigration policy. We need pragmatic reform and this seems like a good, albeit tiny, first step.
He's a lawless moron, and you're proud to support him.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
So-called reform aka amnesty is all about emotion and totally lacking in common sense.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Do you even know what is in this nightmare of a so-called immigration reform bill? Take a look at this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-g...221300301.html

Did you also know that if an illegal has up to 3 DUI convictions, s/he is still eligible for amnesty under this bill?

Did you also know that E-verify won't be the law of the land for another 5 years after the bill's passage (heaven forbid it would ever pass!)?

Did you also know that this bill forgives illegals for committing ID theft? Meanwhile if an American or legal immigrant commits ID theft, s/he goes to jail.

So, you're proud to have voted for someone who puts illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens, in addition to giving the finger to those who obey our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here?

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 12-10-2014 at 08:06 PM..

Old 12-10-2014, 11:08 PM

268 posts, read 241,275 times
I got bs responses like this from my senators also.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:30 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
No reform. Load the bus and take them home. I am currently watching "death of a decent city due to illegal immigration" and it is not pretty. No, this is not on your local channel, it is my life until we move.

We do not need the labor but to just tighten guidelines on public assistance. Too many young, lazy and able milking that system and I have seen that and lived among it. Also, public assistance can be TOO easy to get on. Maybe when they get hungry, they'll be willing to do the jobs vacated by the enforcement of e-verify especially in places where the citizens are heavily armed and send off the message "don't mess with my stuff".

The anchor babies are costing us a LOT of money. We pay for their birth and continue to pay and pay. Medicaid services are being cut here in KS and I am thinking if we weren't paying for the delivery of the anchor babies and other care for the illegas, we might just be able to have more for our own people, citizens of the United States. I see them in the stores with their WIC coupons for the kiddies. And, the schools here are on the downslide which is to be expected with children coming from homes with uneducated and non-English speaking parents living on the down low.

I found this link but believe that the numbers of illegals working is very underestimated: 7 charts that explain the undocumented immigrant population - The Washington Post

And, my senators and representatives won't even answer my email when I ask why KS doesn't make all employers e-verify. I know the answer.

Current laws need to be enforced and e-verify made mandatory. Not a big deal at all. Generally, we have laws in place to address most issues but they are not enforced because of $$$$ into the right hands.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No reform. Load the bus and take them home. I am currently watching "death of a decent city due to illegal immigration" and it is not pretty. No, this is not on your local channel, it is my life until we move.

We do not need the labor but to just tighten guidelines on public assistance. Too many young, lazy and able milking that system and I have seen that and lived among it. Also, public assistance can be TOO easy to get on. Maybe when they get hungry, they'll be willing to do the jobs vacated by the enforcement of e-verify especially in places where the citizens are heavily armed and send off the message "don't mess with my stuff".

The anchor babies are costing us a LOT of money. We pay for their birth and continue to pay and pay. Medicaid services are being cut here in KS and I am thinking if we weren't paying for the delivery of the anchor babies and other care for the illegas, we might just be able to have more for our own people, citizens of the United States. I see them in the stores with their WIC coupons for the kiddies. And, the schools here are on the downslide which is to be expected with children coming from homes with uneducated and non-English speaking parents living on the down low.

I found this link but believe that the numbers of illegals working is very underestimated: 7 charts that explain the undocumented immigrant population - The Washington Post

And, my senators and representatives won't even answer my email when I ask why KS doesn't make all employers e-verify. I know the answer.

Current laws need to be enforced and e-verify made mandatory. Not a big deal at all. Generally, we have laws in place to address most issues but they are not enforced because of $$$$ into the right hands.
We may have some lazy Americans but that has nothing to do with why we have an illegal immigration problem. The reason is simply because the employers are using them to increase their profits. I get tired of hearing about lazy Americans being the problem when it is not. I know several young Americans desperately looking for a job and several adult Americans who have been run off their jobs by illegal aliens and Americans that can't get a job because they don't speak Spanish. Time we stop with the mistruths here. Other than that I completely agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration