Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 04:54 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Gutiérrez: Exec Amnesty Hard to 'Unravel' if Enough People Sign Up

They will go through a criminal background check? Does that include giving them a pass for committing ID theft and/or tax evasion just for starters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 05:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Gutiérrez: Exec Amnesty Hard to 'Unravel' if Enough People Sign Up

They will go through a criminal background check? Does that include giving them a pass for committing ID theft and/or tax evasion just for starters?
Maybe with the Repubs controlling both houses of Congress starting in a few weeks, we can hope for those kinds of checks.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:19 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
It doesn't surprise me that the disgusting little traitor is euphoric over Obama's dictatorial order.

The sad thing is that the corrupt Illinois democrat machine will continue to keep that weirdly shaped gerrymandered district so that Luisito will keep getting re-elected. Got to hand it to those Illinois dems---they know where all the people with IQs of a turnip live and know that those low information voters will continue to re-elect a fool who tells them that he is in congress to represent illegals, not Americans. I feel sorry for the smart people in that district---it must be really depressing for them.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:56 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
I so need to post the video of Gutierrez being booed off the stage of the University of Puerto Rico once I find it. Ive seen it before, people are calling him a sellout and an anti-American fraud.

Ive also been told that Gutierrez cannot obtain a security clearance due to his past membership in the PIP and MINH because of their status as domestic terrorist and subversive groups. Remember, the FBI still considers such groups to be a major internal security threat.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I so need to post the video of Gutierrez being booed off the stage of the University of Puerto Rico once I find it. Ive seen it before, people are calling him a sellout and an anti-American fraud.

Ive also been told that Gutierrez cannot obtain a security clearance due to his past membership in the PIP and MINH because of their status as domestic terrorist and subversive groups. Remember, the FBI still considers such groups to be a major internal security threat.
I'd love to see that video!

Interesting that he was involved with PIP. PIP is all about Puerto Rican independence and has resorted to violence in the past. These days, they garner fewer and fewer votes come election time in PR. The fact that Gutierrez was associated with them brings his loyalty to this country in question.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'd love to see that video!

Interesting that he was involved with PIP. PIP is all about Puerto Rican independence and has resorted to violence in the past. These days, they garner fewer and fewer votes come election time in PR. The fact that Gutierrez was associated with them brings his loyalty to this country in question.
I have a feeling with PR's birthrate at or below replacement level; they really DON'T want to be their own country, not with the Dominican Republic nearby with it supplying illegal aliens.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:48 PM

While I didn't find the video of Gutierrez at UPR, I did find this article about him that was written by a former governor of PR. The article---to put it mildly---doesn't present a flattering image of Gutierrez. Towards the end of the article, they talk about the UPR incident:

Luis Gutiérrez: An enemy of Puerto Rico - Caribbean Business

Packard fan---Puerto Ricans don't want independence. In fact, the most recent vote on the issue, statehood narrowly beat keeping the commonwealth status.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:59 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Puerto Rican politics have always revolved around the debate over what form of union Puerto Rico should have with it's larger nation-state, first Spain and today the United States. Independence has always been a fringe element.

Both pro-statehooders and pro-commonwealth supporters want a Puerto Rico in permanent union with the United States directly integrated within the Federal system. This is where you have the clash of federalism between the symmetric federalists (statehooders) and the asymmetric federalists (commonwealthers). The definition of commonwealth approved by the PPD Governing Board in August 2014 is very, very close to statehood but does not include Federal income taxes

Old 12-14-2014, 11:56 AM

^Yup. No federal income taxes unless you work for the federal government. Plus no voting for president.

Old 01-18-2015, 04:38 PM

288 posts, read 212,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

He may not be elegible to food stamps either..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration