Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:58 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,343,196 times

Advertisements

Mexican Illegals Terrorize Hospitals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Where are the pro illegals on this?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Where are the pro illegals on this?
As proven by research, the net economical impact on immigration is positive, about 0.1% of the GDP. So although immigrants may cost about 0.9% of the GDP, the net economical gain in terms of increased productivity and reduced prices for certain final goods and services surpasses the negative by 0.1%(1% of the GDP) The Fed knows this and hence the reason why it maintains a favorable view on immigration(legal or illegal)

Old 01-10-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
As proven by research, the net economical impact on immigration is positive, about 0.1% of the GDP. So although immigrants may cost about 0.9% of the GDP, the net economical gain in terms of increased productivity and reduced prices for certain final goods surpass the negative by 0.1%(1% of the GDP) The Fed knows this and hence the reason why it maintains a favorable view on immigration(legal or illegal)
Actually it has been proven over and over they cost us billions more than they put back in. Thats just at the fed level. AZ alone has been spending millions and millions more than they put in. I have NEVER read one report , not opinion or study,supported by the feds that show it in a positive light. All I have seen is the exact opposite.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Actually it has been proven over and over they cost us billions more than they put back in. Thats just at the fed level. AZ alone has been spending millions and millions more than they put in. I have NEVER read one report , not opinion or study,supported by the feds that show it in a positive light. All I have seen is the exact opposite.
Not true. If that was the case, this country would have taken proper steps to control immigration. Read what Greenspan and Bernanke have said about immigration, both have favorable views on it supported by extensive research. I am not talking about Feds LOL, I am talking about the Fed as in Federal Reserve Bank.In addition, The Fed is anticipating a labor shortage due to a large segment of the population retiring in years to come. If immigration was a bad deal economically, they would have done something about it long ago.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Not true. If that was the case, this country would have taken proper steps to control immigration. Read what Greenspan and Bernanke have said about immigration, both have favorable views on it supported by extensive research. In addition, The Fed is anticipating a labor shortage due to a large segment of the population retiring in years to come. If immigration was a bad deal economically, they would have done something about it long ago.
No they wouldn't, they pander to business. And two peoples opinion means nothing in light of the evidence I have seen. And with unemployment now at 5% and rising, I think we can cover the loss. And immigration is good, illegal immigration is bad.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
No they wouldn't, they pander to business. And two peoples opinion means nothing in light of the evidence I have seen. And with unemployment now at 5% and rising, I think we can cover the loss. And immigration is good, illegal immigration is bad.
2 people? Greenspan is the ex- chairman of the Fed. Bernanke is the current chairman of the Federal Reserve. These are not just "two" people, they are some of the most respected economists in the world. The Fed is responsible for both fiscal and monetary policy. Basically, the Fed says "Jump" and Bush says "How High".I hope you did not think that George Bush was the person in charge of economic policy.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
2 people? Greenspan is the ex- chairman of the Fed. Bernanke is the current chairman of the Federal Reserve. These are not just "two" people, they are some of the most respected economists in the world. The Fed is responsible for both fiscal and monetary policy. Basically, the Fed says "Jump" and Bush says "How High".I hope you did not think that George Bush was the person in charge of economic policy.
Ok, show me the report, not opinion, that backs up why they believe illegals are positive for our economy, even though all evidence is to the contrary.

And yea, our economy is really great right now . If I remember Greenspan was way off on the housing crisis and admitted he was wrong. Even economists get it wrong they are only human.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:06 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Quote:
Yeah, sure, which side do you think these guys are on? Of course, they're going to spin it to be positive to corporations who "need" these workers since they refuse to cut their profits and pay decent wages.

And, EVEN IF THEY GIVE BACK more than they take (which is not true, btw), they're ILLEGAL. We don't want 'em, period.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 AM

87 posts, read 126,593 times
Exclamation Beware of estimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
That is just an estimate--proves nothing. Show me hard data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration