Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 03:41 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,952,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
No I would not 'mimic' Chinese people who were speaking their native language.
The problem is not the lyrics, it is the fact that they are played at a decibel level approaching that of a 747 on takeoff. I don't care if instead of 'yie yie' they sing 'shooby dooby doo', if I am in the next town I don't want to hear it.
You should pay a visit to the bay area. Honestly I don't see very much Mexicans blasting Pepe Aguilar's new song or Banda Cuisillos for that matter. I see mostly Americans blasting rap music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 05:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
No I would not 'mimic' Chinese people who were speaking their native language.
The problem is not the lyrics, it is the fact that they are played at a decibel level approaching that of a 747 on takeoff. I don't care if instead of 'yie yie' they sing 'shooby dooby doo', if I am in the next town I don't want to hear it.

Also it makes a difference what country some music is being played in.

There used to be some Iranians living here who would play their music very very loudly -- and people made all kinds of comments about it.

I think the same would be true if any of us went to Mexico and blasted American music in the streets or parks. Yet in Mexico if you hear Mexican music being played loudly -- it seems kind of quaint and nice -- because you expect it there.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think the same would be true if any of us went to Mexico and blasted American music in the streets or parks. Yet in Mexico if you hear Mexican music being played loudly -- it seems kind of quaint and nice -- because you expect it there.
Umm.. I was there two weeks ago. Everyone does that. No one cares.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post

Where? Because whenever I go to Mexico I do not hear American music being blasted at all.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Where? Because whenever I go to Mexico I do not hear American music being blasted at all.
Where I go every year, its near Guadalajara but won't tell you the exact place. My parents grew up there and all the children of the immigrants play the American Music at night at full blast. All the way through the night. I'm guilty of it myself. LOL. I'm not talking about Celine Dion American Music, I'm talking about 50 cent rap music.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Actually -- I would not like hearing American music blasted in Mexico -- otherwise -- what's the reason for going if it's just going to be like here.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Actually -- I would not like hearing American music blasted in Mexico -- otherwise -- what's the reason for going if it's just going to be like here.
Great point, malamute . . . especially for restaurants.

I'm always amazed when I see Americans in a foreign country hanging out at McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken joints.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Great point, malamute . . . especially for restaurants.

I'm always amazed when I see Americans in a foreign country hanging out at McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken joints.
Even I am guilty of eating at Subway and Mcdonalds on my last trip.. haha.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Even I am guilty of eating at Subway and Mcdonalds on my last trip.. haha.
Gringo!

Old 01-13-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Gringo!
Sadly yes, after I got sick from the food there I lost faith for a while.. I got a fever from it too and hallucinated that I was the richest man in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration