Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 12:19 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Yes, you're right jm. Down here in the central valley, the native born US latinos call the illegals "border brothers" and they spit when they say it. Definitely no love loss between the two.
Yeah this is why I think it's dumb when people think that native born latinos are sympathetic to the 'issues' of illegal immigrants.

There is also a bit of looking down at US born latinos from the non US born, sometimes they view them as not being 'real' latinos because they were born in America .

There is also quite a bit of racism from latinos to whites too.

More than once I've been around mexicans using the term 'Gabacho' , which is derogatory towards whites.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:10 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Because they vote for Democrats and are therefore a protected class. Some nut will immediately chime in that illegals can't vote, Yeah Right, why do you think Democrats are so against voter ID?

Old 05-30-2015, 01:14 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Only if they are using someone else's social security number. ID theft anyone? One of those yahoos got ahold of my number and used it, and let me tell you, getting that cleared up aint pretty.
Yes, and some undocumenteds are using fake Soc Sec numbers that are provided by the employer.

Old 05-30-2015, 01:25 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Yes, and some undocumenteds are using fake Soc Sec numbers that are provided by the employer.
I wonder if the laws will actually be enforced when the min wage becomes $15/hr...if some employers aren't paying the min wage now since they hire illegal immigrants..what makes people think that they will pay them $15 hr . It will also be worse for illegal immigrants because there are some college grads that wouldn't mind working for $15 hr too. Lot's of college grads working lower wage jobs in Starbucks, bookstores,etc these days.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:57 PM

496 posts, read 574,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I wonder if the laws will actually be enforced when the min wage becomes $15/hr...if some employers aren't paying the min wage now since they hire illegal immigrants..what makes people think that they will pay them $15 hr . It will also be worse for illegal immigrants because there are some college grads that wouldn't mind working for $15 hr too. Lot's of college grads working lower wage jobs in Starbucks, bookstores,etc these days.
That's such a good point. This 15/he might backfire in the faces of the people it was supposed to help.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:09 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
About the social security and other government programs. Illegal immigrants pay into that. They get fake documents from MacArthur Park in LA (Alvarado and 6th anyone?). They use the fake documents to get hired and the taxes are taken out. But they are never able to collect.

And the "family values" Republicans? Yes, let's tear apart the fabric of a family by deporting the parents and leaving a 3 year old citizen with no parental guidance. That child will grow up normally. Democrats actually want to keep families together so that the parents can hopefully raise the child well. If the parents are deported, where will the child go? Foster care? Yeah, that works well!

Old 05-30-2015, 03:27 PM

642 posts, read 2,552,587 times
So, what is the impact of Asians coming in. Aren't they legal? Does that impact the job market? They have areas that is going mostly Chinese dialect. I would think in that it would be a plus because maybe they will create jobs or would the jobs mostly go to their own people who are immigrant. And... can you blame them for doing that? They are surpassing Hispanic immigrants now.

Last edited by coltoncity; 05-30-2015 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: Its bugging me

Old 05-30-2015, 04:24 PM

496 posts, read 574,469 times
It should be a law that employers use Everify to check social security numbers. Companies like Chick-fil-a uses it and advertises its use. But there are clearly employers who are choosing not to use it. Make it a law and apart of a regulartory scheme, and more Americans can get these jobs.

I believe that sympathy for illegal immigrants gets in the way of logically thinking about the ill effects on California. Just because I do not believe in illegal immigration does not mean I am racist or asympathetic. It just means that the interests of Americans need to come before someone who is illegally entering the country. I honestly do not see how any American can disagree with that basic sentiment.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:12 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
I do agree that the illegal immigration problem is a huge problem. However, deportation and building a wall is not the answer. Destroying families is not the answer. Instead, we should figure out what to do about the ones already here, establish policies that strongly discourage or even prevent employers from hiring illegals so there isn't such an attraction to the country, and somehow assist their native countries internally in order to make them more attractive countries to remain in.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:58 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I do agree that the illegal immigration problem is a huge problem. However, deportation and building a wall is not the answer. Destroying families is not the answer. Instead, we should figure out what to do about the ones already here, establish policies that strongly discourage or even prevent employers from hiring illegals so there isn't such an attraction to the country, and somehow assist their native countries internally in order to make them more attractive countries to remain in.
Building the wall on the most porous areas of our southern border will indeed deter illegal aliens and help the Border Patrol do their jobs more effectively. Our "laws" state that illegal aliens should be deported so why isn't that the answer? They will however self-deport if we remove all of the incentives to remain here.

Destroying families? What happens when an American breaks the law? Aren't they held accountable regardless of whether they have a family or not? Besides, illegal aliens and their entire families can return to their homelands together so just where is this destruction? We already give aid to many countries including Mexico. It's up to their governments to use that money to help their people but they don't.

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-31-2015 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: