Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Sanctuary Cities For Illegal Aliens
yes 4 3.64%
no 105 95.45%
other 1 0.91%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 10:30 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
This is like asking if you support sanctuaries for criminals.

Would you want a burglar that broke into your house the right to a sanctuary?
This is what I was thinking yesterday. It is my understanding that if I know someone has committed a crime and I am sheltering them from the law that I, at this point, have committed a crime also.

Maybe this kind of thing should be put to a vote, whether or not you want to have illegals, and of course other criminals, sheltered in your city from the laws of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 05:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
No. San Francisco, for instance, is more receptive to illegal immigrant criminals, than black Americans.

The whole idea of a "sanctuary city" is just pure woo.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:18 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
No.

I do however think short term amnesty should be granted to illegal immigrants who have otherwise been law abiding people. No sense turning them into real criminals for commits a technical crime. Or if we want to deport them, don't factor in the fact that they came here illegally if they return to immigrant legally. That shouldn't count against them as they're clearing doing it the right way and want to fix that past mistake (which I think is over exaggerated in terms of how serious it actually is).

Old 07-11-2015, 08:38 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
No.

I do however think short term amnesty should be granted to illegal immigrants who have otherwise been law abiding people. No sense turning them into real criminals for commits a technical crime. Or if we want to deport them, don't factor in the fact that they came here illegally if they return to immigrant legally. That shouldn't count against them as they're clearing doing it the right way and want to fix that past mistake (which I think is over exaggerated in terms of how serious it actually is).
Of course you would think that way. You have said that you consider double parking to be a far more serious issue in your life than illegal immigration. Obviously, you live someplace where illegals haven't destroyed the schools and the neighborhoods.

There should never be another amnesty for illegal aliens. Here's a newsflash for you---the only way an illegal could be "otherwise law-abiding" is if they never worked in this country. In other words, if they were mooching off their relatives who are aiding and abetting them. The truth is that once illegal aliens decide to sneak across the border or overstay a visa, they have to commit other crimes to survive. It's illegal for them to work in this country, so if they take a job, they've broken another law. In order to work, they either engage in ID theft or use a fake SSN, thereby leaving the true owners of the SSN in a world of hurt. Or they get paid under the table, thus engaging in tax evasion. Then there are those who drive without a license because, you know, they have to get to that job they have no business working.

Giving amnesty to illegal aliens is a slap in the face to legal immigrants. I have neighbors who are legal immigrants and let me tell you---illegal immigration angers them.

DACA is a slap in the face to every foreign student who obeyed our laws and got a student visa to go to college here---something the DACA students should have done.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:42 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
And citizens should be outraged at the matter-of-fact response by the SF elite over this latest incident.

Our own American WW II veterans, many now in wheelchairs, turned away from their own memorial by armed D.C. goons, while pandering politicians and special interest groups are tripping over themselves to encourage and put a positive spin on the invasion by illegals into this country.

It should make everyone sick.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:29 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
No, I do not!!!

and for those nay sayers.....

U.S. Worsens Mexican Violence by Returning Criminal Aliens to Border Cities, Mayors Say | Fox News

Mexico does not want them back!!!!

Old 07-13-2015, 05:11 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Exclamation I made the Call Around!

Today I was wondering what is the Policy of Broward Co. Miami Dade and my City of Coral Springs Florida.
I was very surprise of the answers I received from the Public Relations Offices of these Enforcement Agencies.
Broward Co Sheriffs Office, Will not arrest a Illegal Alien unless there is a Warrant for Arrest. Further I asked if the Deputy made a stop and the Illegal did not have a DL/Insurance or even proper registration for the vehicle, the Deputy will not call ICE or Border Patrol. It will be the discretion of the county Lock up.
Miami Dade had very similar answers, but insisted that they would not get involved in such case if all possible. They basically said they would not cooperated with these agencies.

Coral Springs, FL surprised me and said if a suspect was stop for a crime and had a warranty they would cooperate with Ice and BP. Their Prisoners would be dropped in the Broward County Lock Up.

Conclusion: The DOJ and the Adminstration has tied the hands of laws enforcement. We need AZ1070 in all 52 states period.

Old 07-14-2015, 05:24 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
it would be an easy fix....you arrest illegals, put them in a holding tank...until you get a Bus load of them and then ship them back to Mexico....on the other side of a well guarded fence....run electric thru it....and barbed wire across the top....

America needs to be cleaned up, period.

We need to start reforming our immigration laws, and put them into place....so they work....

If movie stars want to hire them, then let them make certain they become legal citizens....funded by them....
it should be a privledge to live in America...

Old 07-14-2015, 06:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Keep count...

yes 2 2.94%
no 66 97.06%

Old 07-14-2015, 07:11 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
it would be an easy fix....you arrest illegals, put them in a holding tank...until you get a Bus load of them and then ship them back to Mexico....on the other side of a well guarded fence....run electric thru it....and barbed wire across the top....

America needs to be cleaned up, period.

We need to start reforming our immigration laws, and put them into place....so they work....

If movie stars want to hire them, then let them make certain they become legal citizens....funded by them....
it should be a privledge to live in America...
We don't need to reform our immigration laws. Just enforced the ones on the book. As for movie stars setting our immigration laws and quotas that makes no sense. Only our government should do that. Besides, if they become legal they can no longer pay them less. So what would be the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration