Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 05:09 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

The requirement for a birth certificate is not new. But some parents’ difficulty in obtaining them is. The Texas Department of State Health Services recently declared that the matrícula, a Mexican consular ID card, is no longer considered acceptable for parents trying to get a birth certificate. The result may be that many undocumented parents of U.S.-born children are unable to get the documents they need to enroll these little U.S. citizens in school.

Editorial: Is an immigration showdown coming to Dallas ISD? | Dallas Morning News

So what? IF you're in the US illegally; leave and take your anchors with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 05:39 PM

324 posts, read 271,305 times
Well gee it's apparently not good enough to get a drivers license since it's not stated on the Lawful Presence Requirement.....

TxDPS - U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Presence Requirement

So why should it be good enough to get a birth certificate?

Old 08-11-2015, 05:49 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Glad to see this happening, but the PC crowd will surely shoot it down. Never mind that the children of illegals are already overcrowding the classrooms, and their lack of English holds the entire class behind. What gets me is that the illegals have the nerve to sue over this. Unbelievable.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:04 PM

324 posts, read 271,305 times
Since I live in TX and just renewed my license I read the acceptable ID forms for the heck of it.... when it came to visa and green card it specifically stated Valid Unexpired. ....

So...... seems that the State of TX should easily have a valid defense against this BS as it is clearly stated everywhere what is needed for any type of Official documentation.

Old 08-11-2015, 06:49 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
I rolled my eyes in amazement when I read the last sentence of this article.

"All of this seems like a lot of unnecessary hair-splitting for the sake of making unauthorized immigrants’ lives a lot harder".

Oh gee, make lawbreaker's lives a lot harder? What was Dallas thinking?

Old 08-11-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Glad to see this happening, but the PC crowd will surely shoot it down. Never mind that the children of illegals are already overcrowding the classrooms, and their lack of English holds the entire class behind. What gets me is that the illegals have the nerve to sue over this. Unbelievable.
Maybe NOT in Texas. Cali definitely.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:22 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The requirement for a birth certificate is not new. But some parents’ difficulty in obtaining them is. The Texas Department of State Health Services recently declared that the matrícula, a Mexican consular ID card, is no longer considered acceptable for parents trying to get a birth certificate. The result may be that many undocumented parents of U.S.-born children are unable to get the documents they need to enroll these little U.S. citizens in school.

Editorial: Is an immigration showdown coming to Dallas ISD? | Dallas Morning News

So what? IF you're in the US illegally; leave and take your anchors with you.
Even kids don't even have to be legal to attend public schools in the USA. I think one issue in Texas is age. Child must be 5 by September 1 to enter Kindergarten. Without a birth certificate, hard to prove. I've never understood, before this issue, how illegals with children who are NOT citizens proved age. My husband works for a local school district (not Dallas) and is constantly dealing with foreign born parents who are NOT illegal wanting to enroll their children in K early, and they are pushy as hell that their kid doesn't have to follow the rules.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Even kids don't even have to be legal to attend public schools in the USA. I think one issue in Texas is age. Child must be 5 by September 1 to enter Kindergarten. Without a birth certificate, hard to prove. I've never understood, before this issue, how illegals with children who are NOT citizens proved age. My husband works for a local school district (not Dallas) and is constantly dealing with foreign born parents who are NOT illegal wanting to enroll their children in K early, and they are pushy as hell that their kid doesn't have to follow the rules.
That law you're talking about is insane, just insane.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:44 AM

50,297 posts, read 47,056,299 times
We've been dealing with this insanity in CA for quite some time.

Old 08-13-2015, 09:54 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I rolled my eyes in amazement when I read the last sentence of this article.

"All of this seems like a lot of unnecessary hair-splitting for the sake of making unauthorized immigrants’ lives a lot harder".

Oh gee, make lawbreaker's lives a lot harder? What was Dallas thinking?
Dallas is very squishy when it comes to illegals; if the Dallas ISD lost illegals from its student body, it'd lose TONS of money in state funding. The city of Dallas itself is a minority-majority city, with Hispanics making up the largest segment of the population. Therefore, they are pandered to by some city officials...though not all, as a lot of city and county government is still locked up tight by a small cronyish band of old school African Americans.

Dallas's city, county, and ISD politics have all been polluted by race-baiting and pandering as long as I can remember. This is just more evidence of that.

The ISD certainly has a financial interest in making sure that these illegals and anchor babies are enrolled. Butts in seats = $$$.

It's pathetic.

Thank god I don't pay taxes to the Dallas ISD. When I bought my house, I deliberately bought in an inner-ring suburb that has excellent public schools specifically to get away from Dallas's crappy city management and from paying taxes to the trainwreck that passes for a school district there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration