Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 03:41 PM

25,952 posts, read 22,102,658 times

Advertisements

I came across this poll that delighted me to know end, it made my day!

Americans agree with Trump: The illegal immigrants must go | Fox News

Yes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 03:47 PM

22,464 posts, read 11,986,290 times
I always believed that most Americans want to see illegals gone. Thus, I am very skeptical when polls come out claiming the opposite.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:26 PM

62,909 posts, read 29,119,973 times
The pro-illegals will be right along and claim it isn't a viable poll because it came from Fox News. They'd rather have us believe that we want them to remain here and even get on a path to citizenship. Why would the majority of Americans advocate for their own demise?

Old 11-27-2015, 05:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I always believed that most Americans want to see illegals gone. Thus, I am very skeptical when polls come out claiming the opposite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The pro-illegals will be right along and claim it isn't a viable poll because it came from Fox News. They'd rather have us believe that we want them to remain here and even get on a path to citizenship. Why would the majority of Americans advocate for their own demise?
I don't get it either since the Comments section below Yahoo and so on when talking about illegal aliens are about 10 to 1 AGAINST any kind of amnesty.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:25 PM

22,464 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I don't get it either since the Comments section below Yahoo and so on when talking about illegal aliens are about 10 to 1 AGAINST any kind of amnesty.
^Exactly!

I think that some of those polls that claim Americans want amnesty for illegals or a path to citizenship, phrase the question to get the answers they want. For example, they'll ask something like "It costs 3 trillion to round up and deport the illegals but it will cost 2 trillion to legalize them, do you support a path to citizenship or do you support deportation?" For low information voters, who don't know how bad the problem is, it sounds to them like it's cheaper to legalize them.

Of course those of us who know better, know that whatever it costs to send the illegals packing, it will be money well spent!

Old 11-27-2015, 07:15 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,783 times

Old 11-27-2015, 08:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^Exactly!

I think that some of those polls that claim Americans want amnesty for illegals or a path to citizenship, phrase the question to get the answers they want. For example, they'll ask something like "It costs 3 trillion to round up and deport the illegals but it will cost 2 trillion to legalize them, do you support a path to citizenship or do you support deportation?" For low information voters, who don't know how bad the problem is, it sounds to them like it's cheaper to legalize them.

Of course those of us who know better, know that whatever it costs to send the illegals packing, it will be money well spent!

You and others on this post are exactly right. But low inform voters, hear what they want to hear, and the message is all in the wording these days. Your claim is right, when asked about a path to citizenship or being deported. To a low inform voter, they will side and pick with yes it is cheaper to legalize these people.

Very unaware of the situation and the truth. And then yes there are those of us who do know better we always have, but is it our voices not being heard, or only the low inform voters whose voices are heard.
I doubt we get a grip on this, because as sad situation as illegal immigration is, too many gosh damn low inform voters out there, who do not care about the consequences. They will make quite a naïve ignorant decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration