Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:33 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,937,966 times

Advertisements

Here we go again.

More Central Americans fleeing violence to enter US, suggesting another major surge

Quote:
HOUSTON — The number of families illegally crossing the southern U.S. border has more than doubled over the same period last fall, prompting concern about a new surge of migrants from Central America.

Many more unaccompanied children are also crossing, with 4,476 apprehended in September — an 85 percent increase over that month in 2014, according to new Border Patrol data.

"If that trend even continues a little bit, if things start to go up in February as they usually do, we could be looking at things getting really high, and by spring, you're seeing an emergency," said Adam Isacson, a senior associate at the Washington Office on Latin America, a human rights advocacy group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 12:31 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times
probably still around the 10k a month figure

Old 11-16-2015, 07:18 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
This is way I don't know why the pro-illegals keep claiming that net illegal immigration is approaching near zero.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:25 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This is way I don't know why the pro-illegals keep claiming that net illegal immigration is approaching near zero.
I think they are talking about Mexicans which seems to have dropped a little. I am not 100% convinced that illegal immigration from Mexico has declined significantly, That's just La Raza propaganda. They make it sound like most illegals are from Central America when most are still from Mexico.

Nicaragua just stopped some Cubans from crossing central America. They are stuck in Costa Rica. Of course those cubans don't wanna stay there because they won't get all the benefits they get here in the US.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:49 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
I heard that on NPR last last week. Using "my children are at risk to gang violence" excuse.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:05 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,850,179 times
The illegal Mexicans entering into the U.S. is starting to decrease. With Mexico's improving economy and more foreign investment more and more Mexican nationals are staying home as opportunities improve for them. The Central Americans are now flooding the U.S. Don't forget about the Chinese. They sneak in through the side door while Americans get distracted with the southern border.

-Cheers.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:23 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Elections are coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
The illegal Mexicans entering into the U.S. is starting to decrease. With Mexico's improving economy and more foreign investment more and more Mexican nationals are staying home as opportunities improve for them. The Central Americans are now flooding the U.S. Don't forget about the Chinese. They sneak in through the side door while Americans get distracted with the southern border.

-Cheers.
I don't believe that. If you believe that, you would be claiming that the US knows exactly who is entering the US illegally and are counting them as they come in. Is that what you believe? The interview? "Excuse me sir and miss, from what country are you entering the US illegally."

What I think is that they apprehending more coming from countries other than Mexico because the Mexicans have more experience coming into the country and have better access to the US. So, they use "apprehensions" to gauge what countries the illegals are coming in from.

Again, I don't care where they are coming from if they are entering the US without authorization. They are criminals that need to be dealt with.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:13 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,850,179 times
^^ Believe what you want.

Your second paragraph is laughable.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:40 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
^^ Believe what you want.

Your second paragraph is laughable.

I didn't find it laughable. We may or not be experiencing fewer crossings by Mexicans but it is a known fact that more are coming from Central America.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:05 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post

In fact, it's not a new surge. The bearded children (for which the DHS pansies have been purchasing XL undies instead of doing their damn jobs and protecting our borders) have been flooding into the U.S. for over a year. And they've been quietly relocated throughout the U.S., with our compliant media happy to be told not to take pictures or ask questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration