Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 08:42 AM

720 posts, read 920,160 times

Advertisements

Connecticut Wife and Mother Prepares to Be Deported Back to Poland | WNPR News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 10:04 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
I'm sorry this woman or anyone else is going thru this....however, there is no excuse to go to another country and not get on board with the laws....period.

I have a friend whose husband is from England, and he is also here illegally. They to have children....
It isn't right, or fair, and encourages people to break our laws....

If you excuse one, they you must excuse them all and unfortunatly our system has been broken for so long that no one caught up with the illegals that are here, and I bet the numbers would be shocking if we knew everyone that is here illegally.

I'm sorry but it is unfair to do to the communties of America...and against the law....

Old 03-07-2016, 10:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
while i feel for this lady, all i can say at this point is tough. she broke the laws of this country getting here, and staying here. at this point she needs to go back to poland, and reenter this country doing it right this time.

now does our system need reforming? yes. but we cannot do it in such a manner that those who came here illegally get a pass, and those that came here legally have to again continue to wait for the system to catch up to them. we have to ultimately force people to respect our immigration laws, otherwise we may as well just ope up our borders to anyone and everyone that wants to come here, and just eliminate immigration laws completely. and that would be disastrous for our country.

Old 03-07-2016, 10:20 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
while i feel for this lady, all i can say at this point is tough. she broke the laws of this country getting here, and staying here. at this point she needs to go back to poland, and reenter this country doing it right this time.

now does our system need reforming? yes. but we cannot do it in such a manner that those who came here illegally get a pass, and those that came here legally have to again continue to wait for the system to catch up to them. we have to ultimately force people to respect our immigration laws, otherwise we may as well just ope up our borders to anyone and everyone that wants to come here, and just eliminate immigration laws completely. and that would be disastrous for our country.
well, actually they have almost eliminated immigration laws, by turning a blind eye.....

I'm shocked other American's do not or refuse to see the lawlessness that has spread out across the land b/c of it...like opening a can of worms, there is always a trickle effect from ignoring laws.

Old 03-07-2016, 05:09 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times

If here illegally she needs to go back to Poland. What reform is needed?

Old 03-08-2016, 09:43 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Behavior has consequences. It would be an insult to the millions who have played by the rules to allow others to break the law and get away with it.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:29 PM

720 posts, read 920,160 times
blah blah. She needs to stay here with her family.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:44 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Um, no.

Being young and stupid doesn't give you a pass on having to obey the laws of the land.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:27 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
She had opportunity to adjust her status, to make it right. The telling issue is that she has a demonstrated history of ignoring/ disregarding our laws. She deserves no other consideration than any other criminal.

Old 03-08-2016, 04:39 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPL View Post
blah blah. She needs to stay here with her family.

Why? She violated our immigration laws. She and her kids can go back to Poland together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration