Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 08:55 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times

Advertisements

It doesn't seem like that long ago that Immigration Police used to raid places they knew had hired illegals and when they did those who were breaking the law would scurry out of windows and run.

Those that were caught were prosecuted and the business was fined.

When did America get dumped upside down on its head? None of this makes sense and it defies logic...

Oh wait now I get it Logic and Liberal Democrats don't mix well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 09:02 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It doesn't seem like that long ago that Immigration Police used to raid places they knew had hired illegals and when they did those who were breaking the law would scurry out of windows and run.

Those that were caught were prosecuted and the business was fined.

When did America get dumped upside down on its head? None of this makes sense and it defies logic...

Oh wait now I get it Logic and Liberal Democrats don't mix well.

It was Obama that eliminated the raids on businesses. It was Bush that implemented them. Go figure!

Old 09-04-2016, 12:01 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Twenty years ago, my son was attending college where we now live. He told me that they would raid the meat/dog food manufacturing companies and on Monday, a new bus load of illegals would arrive to take their places. This is why the Wall is necessary, and also, if given amnesty and no Wall, we will have a continuing flow of new illegal aliens working for less than those amnestied and without jobs, the few that do have jobs and pay taxes will have the burden of the many until it destroys us and Obama/Clinton agenda will be embedded too deeply to ever recover.

Old 09-04-2016, 01:38 PM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Twenty years ago, my son was attending college where we now live. He told me that they would raid the meat/dog food manufacturing companies and on Monday, a new bus load of illegals would arrive to take their places. This is why the Wall is necessary, and also, if given amnesty and no Wall, we will have a continuing flow of new illegal aliens working for less than those amnestied and without jobs, the few that do have jobs and pay taxes will have the burden of the many until it destroys us and Obama/Clinton agenda will be embedded too deeply to ever recover.

Exactly. We have a shrinking job market as it is and giving amnesty to at least 11 million is really going to hurt the folks who are clinging to those low level service jobs.

We already had an amnesty program decades ago and guess what it didn't work because the border was never sealed up.

All the illegals aliens come here in search of the American Dream but there is a breaking point that is quickly coming and when it does we are all going to be dreaming of the America that used to be.

Our "Great Melting Pot" is bubbling over and they just want to keep adding more ingredients to it?

It doesn't make sense.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:58 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
When they started bringing their children here and having children on our soil. Then they could claim 'you're breaking up my family or 'if I lose my job my family will starve.'

Old 09-04-2016, 04:09 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Democrats just want to create 11 million new Democrat voters and pander to 40 or so million other Hispanics and other liberals, and they don't care who else they have to hurt and if they ruin America in the process . In fact, ruin America is probably a bonus to them. Pretty sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration