Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 12:46 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

For those that support not deporting illegals aliens, people who committed a crime by entering the US without authorizations, unless they went on to commit violent crimes, do you also support freeing the over 1 million non-violent US citizens that are in our prisons, many separated from their families/children? And, would it not be fair that in allowing these illegal aliens guilty of violating our immigration law that from that point forward, any US citizen committing any non-violent crime would be forgiven for the crime unless it was a violent crime? We would enforce the laws only if they involved violent crime.

Of course, in the case of those that supported Hillary Clinton, knowing that what she did would have resulted in punishment for "regular" American citizens, I guess they support a double standard. Maybe I just answered my own question!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 12:51 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
For those that support not deporting illegals aliens, people who committed a crime by entering the US without authorizations, unless they went on to commit violent crimes, do you also support freeing the over 1 million non-violent US citizens that are in our prisons, many separated from their families/children? And, would it not be fair that in allowing these illegal aliens guilty of violating our immigration law that from that point forward, any US citizen committing any non-violent crime would be forgiven for the crime unless it was a violent crime? We would enforce the laws only if they involved violent crime.

Of course, in the case of those that supported Hillary Clinton, knowing that what she did would have resulted in punishment for "regular" American citizens, I guess they support a double standard. Maybe I just answered my own question!
The fact is those who entered the US Illegal knew it and those who's visa expired they knew it. Now the economy is about to explode Illegals really do not want to leave. Especially when factories are pulling out of Mexico.

Illegals brought to themselves.

Go peacefully or go in handcuffs and leg irons!

Old 01-23-2017, 04:52 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Those that support not wanting to deport illegals should seek through our current immigration laws to personally sponsor a family. Church groups used to do this to help Christians and Jews fleeing the former Soviet Union. This entails them financially supporting that family as may be needed, including personally providing for their healthcare. They don't want to put their money where their mouth is however but want the rest of us to pick up the tab instead.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:25 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Personally, I have always believed that non-violent criminals should not be imprisoned but maybe be under house arrest or made to work community service or pay restitution.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:18 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Those that support not wanting to deport illegals should seek through our current immigration laws to personally sponsor a family. Church groups used to do this to help Christians and Jews fleeing the former Soviet Union. This entails them financially supporting that family as may be needed, including personally providing for their healthcare. They don't want to put their money where their mouth is however but want the rest of us to pick up the tab instead.
So very true!! It's all about "I protest . . . but you take care of the situation" mentality.

Reminds me of where I worked when it was time to donate to United Way; Mahogany Row would tout how we all had to unite, be compassionate and support the cause. And yet, when I processed the donations from employees, none of the upper echelon donated one cent!

Old 01-23-2017, 08:43 AM

1,185 posts, read 804,539 times
The illegals who are here know they are here illegally. No one forced them to come here right?

You bring your children here illegally and compromise them already. So do not blame the country for enforcing the law, blame yourself that you put your kids in this situation.

The kids didn't ask to be illegal, you the parents did that to them and any consequences they incur, is at the parent's fault only.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:47 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship

Old 01-23-2017, 08:55 AM

Says it all.

If you meet certain requirements, you may become a U.S. citizen either at birth or after birth.
To become a citizen at birth, you must:
  • Have been born in the United States or certain territories or outlying possessions of the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States; OR
  • had a parent or parents who were citizens at the time of your birth (if you were born abroad) and meet other requirements
Like I said, you're not here legally, you're here as a non citizen (tourist, work visa, even green card); your child doesn't become a citizen by birth.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:08 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

You make an excellent point. Why have some laws, when there are no consequences when they are broken?!

Old 01-23-2017, 01:16 PM

You would get a speeding ticket if you go 10mph above speed limit and nothing if you break a major federal law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration