Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 11:43 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Three kids (ages 10, 8, and 4) and only 28 years years-old. No mention of the father. Lives in one of the country's crappiest cities. This woman is here to live off of us, not better herself or contribute to the country.

Oh the horror! Driving is a privilege not a right, and many of our own citizens aren't able to do it for a variety of reasons.

I don't get it. If an entire country is telling you they don't want you hear--as evidenced by our presidential election--why would you defy them? Why would you FORCE yourself on the native population? Such stubbornness and arrogance.
This is exactly what drove me crazy for so long and I was accused of being racist. What right does someone have to come to this country and tell me I owe them a living, their kids an education and on top of that, every kid they drop becomes a citizen...... ? BS !

In my youngest grandsons school, so much money was spent on trying to provide remedies for the kids who could not speak English that little was left for the American born kids needs. It was terrible and common knowledge in the school system. Private or charter schools were the only solutions, if you could afford it or get in.....sad, really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 07:39 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Gee, they didn't consider the possibility of being deported when they came here illegally and now they are outraged that the chickens have come to roost for them? What do they think should happen when you break the law? If our own citizens break the law they pay the price and many times get separated from their kids. At least these illegal aliens can take their kids with them when deported. Since when is enforcing any of our laws, discrimination? WTH?

Old 01-29-2017, 07:48 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Gee, they didn't consider the possibility of being deported when they came here illegally and now they are outraged that the chickens have come to roost for them? What do they think should happen when you break the law? If our own citizens break the law they pay the price and many times get separated from their kids. At least these illegal aliens can take their kids with them when deported. Since when is enforcing any of our laws, discrimination? WTH?
X1000.

Sympathy meter? Pegged at NADA

Old 01-29-2017, 08:10 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Unfairly targeting? All the terrorist acts are unfair too
You mean like 911? No ban on those people from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, or UAE. Oh wait...Trump has business interests there. Making us safer? Nope...

Old 01-29-2017, 08:10 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Protecting our southern border from illegal immigrants is the issue. Since Mexico has been unwilling or unable to control its own Southern border and immigration policies, the U.S. must draw the line.

The left seems to want to bundle "legal" and "illegal" immigrants into the same package so they can pretend that any/all restrictions on either are inhumane or not politically correct.

Neither Trump or anyone else is targeting "Legal" immigrants. This is only another false narrative designed to mis-characterize the GOP. The present Visa limitations are necessary to gain a temporary respite in the unfettered flow of "illegal" immigrants - Unfortunately, those with legal visas will be temporarily inconvenienced in the process. The problem is NOT with the GOP, it's with the "ILLEGAL" immigrants! -- Why does this seem so difficult for the left to grasp?

Of course, it was never an issue with the Obama administration who not only failed to protect our borders --- but, did everything possible to bring un-vetted Muslims with an entirely different worldview, from halfway around the world to the U.S. - The current plan to support Syrian and other refugee camps in the MidEast makes much more sense -- and has been touted by those more interested in workable solutions ... than in scoring PC points.

It's not only the DEM's the GOP has also been at fault why it's because of lobbyist like the US chamber of Commerce who represent large corporations that want an endless supply of illegal labor which won't complain about low pay and harsh working conditions like in meat processing plants.

In this story says 8 million are employed in the US I live in Arizona one of the hardest hit states by illegal labor. A good friend of mine who ran a house framing business employed all Americans until 2006 when illegal sub-contractors who were all illegals showed up he had to file bankruptcy. He said he can't pay his guys a good wage when he keeps getting underbid by sub-contractors who were illegal themselves and hired illegals.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...mented-workers

Perfect example this story above how they hire illegals take their SSNs knowly they are bogus but because they are not forced to use E-verify they can get away with it why are they not forced to use E-Verify because US chamber of Commerce lobbied GOP's and DEMS to gut the law and make it so no one enforces it.

If Trump wants to really do something about illegal stop them from being employed.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:22 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
A wide range of immigrant and minority groups spoke out today against executive orders by Donald Trump this week that they say are unfairly targeting immigrants and Muslims. This afternoon, they gathered in Detroit at the office of Michigan United, an advocacy group, to condemn Trump's plans to restrict immigration from some Muslim-majority countries and target undocumented immigrants.

Immigrants in Michigan: Trump orders 'tear our families apart'

Then just go HOME there, illegal aliens.
if I break the law I am subject to being put in jail, thereby 'tearing my family apart.'
this is no different. so why so much whining by these lawbreakers?

Old 01-29-2017, 02:44 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
I can hear the world's smallest violin. These criminals should have thought about their families before they decided to break the law.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:53 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,539 times
Immigrants (non citizens)/illegals have more rights than actual citizens .

Old 01-30-2017, 07:44 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
America needs to put its own people 1st. Middle class no longer can shoulder the tax burden.

Old 01-30-2017, 08:19 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Hooray for firing Yates!

Hit the bricks, Yates, you traitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration