Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 11:43 AM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO people who LIKE illegal aliens are the same kind of people who would've liked slavery almost 200 years back; like slaves, illegal aliens CAN'T fight back when cheated and screwed over. Not real smart to try that kind of crap with with ANY kind of US citizen, especially now with Jim Crow dead.
this is why there has never been a true crackdown...it benefits the wealthy. That also means we have been winking at illegal immigrants for tears and tacitly allowing it. That is why, to me, it would be very poor form for the United States to suddenly say we no longer need you or, looky now, the political, economic, or cultural winds are now blowing the other way so we are going to uproot you...even though you may have spent most of your life here as an otherwise law abiding and productive citizen...and give you the boot. I believe in a path toward citizenship for those already here combined with strict enforcement going forward. We do need control over who and what comes across our borders, but not at the expense of treating very inhumanely those we have been tacitly welcoming and encouraging for years. And whetjer you care to admit it or not that is exactly what the United States has been doing for decades.
It also should not be prohibitively difficult for hard working average folks to immigrate here, especially from neighboring countries, and the bureaucracy should not tie up such applications...which now can take years...for more than a few weeks.
Giving the illegals here a path to citizenship ir permanent lehal status would also iffer us several huge benefits for America at large....additional young workers to shore up social security, etc, the elimination of an underclass that is nit iften underpaid and denied basic worker protections, illegal aliens would be more confortable in reporting crimes that have been the victims of or have witnesses thereby putting the perpatrators away and liwering the crime rate fir all if us (having a large population that us highly vulnerable to criminal exploitation isnt good for any of us), and would allow us to retain the vast experience in many trades and occupations that these folks have amassed over years working here...something that deportation wpuld deprive this country of.
Doing these things would result in a larger population (with part of that market now having a greater purchasing power due to no longer being economically exploited) and thus a larger market for goods and services than would be the case after a massive deportation and thus coupd raise the bar economicaally for all of us.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 12-07-2018 at 11:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2018, 01:15 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
this is why there has never been a true crackdown...it benefits the wealthy. That also means we have been winking at illegal immigrants for tears and tacitly allowing it. That is why, to me, it would be very poor form for the United States to suddenly say we no longer need you or, looky now, the political, economic, or cultural winds are now blowing the other way so we are going to uproot you...even though you may have spent most of your life here as an otherwise law abiding and productive citizen...and give you the boot. I believe in a path toward citizenship for those already here combined with strict enforcement going forward. We do need control over who and what comes across our borders, but not at the expense of treating very inhumanely those we have been tacitly welcoming and encouraging for years. And whetjer you care to admit it or not that is exactly what the United States has been doing for decades.
It also should not be prohibitively difficult for hard working average folks to immigrate here, especially from neighboring countries, and the bureaucracy should not tie up such applications...which now can take years...for more than a few weeks.
Giving the illegals here a path to citizenship ir permanent lehal status would also iffer us several huge benefits for America at large....additional young workers to shore up social security, etc, the elimination of an underclass that is nit iften underpaid and denied basic worker protections, illegal aliens would be more confortable in reporting crimes that have been the victims of or have witnesses thereby putting the perpatrators away and liwering the crime rate fir all if us (having a large population that us highly vulnerable to criminal exploitation isnt good for any of us), and would allow us to retain the vast experience in many trades and occupations that these folks have amassed over years working here...something that deportation wpuld deprive this country of.
Doing these things would result in a larger population (with part of that market now having a greater purchasing power due to no longer being economically exploited) and thus a larger market for goods and services than would be the case after a massive deportation and thus coupd raise the bar economicaally for all of us.

We don't need a larger population and we have enough willing American workers to do most any job for a fair wage. Most of these illegals are not skilled or educated they are a burden to our society. Rewarding illegal aliens was a mistake back in 1986 and would be even more so today. Why have immigration laws if we aren't going to enforce our immigration laws and deport those here illegally. There is no benefit of allowing them to remain here it's purely a negative on so many levels.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:22 PM

62,962 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I agree. If only they came around and checked the workers and prosecuted the owners for hire of illegals it would stop. They don't , they ignore it.

Now, there is more backlash to trying to enforce the law then there was about people breaking it. It's disheartening for legal citizens.

Not true. Employers have been prosecuted in the past for "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens and especially under this administration. Obama ended the work place raids but Trump reinstated them.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/3-wa...llegal-workers

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/coll...scape-business

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/mi...illegal-aliens

https://dailycaller.com/2017/09/29/f...llegal-aliens/

Old 12-07-2018, 01:36 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We don't need a larger population and we have enough willing American workers to do most any job for a fair wage. Most of these illegals are not skilled or educated they are a burden to our society. Rewarding illegal aliens was a mistake back in 1986 and would be even more so today. Why have immigration laws if we aren't going to enforce our immigration laws and deport those here illegally. There is no benefit of allowing them to remain here it's purely a negative on so many levels.
Maybe you should ask Trump why he rewarded illegals by hiring them at his New Jersey Golf Course.

‘We are tired of the abuse’: Undocumented workers at Trump’s N.J. golf club speak out

Old 12-07-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not true. Employers have been prosecuted in the past for "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens and especially under this administration. Obama ended the work place raids but Trump reinstated them.
No, Obama did not end workplace raids and you would have known that if you had bothered to look it up:

https://www.bna.com/ice-worksite-enf...-n57982088343/
Reprinted pursuant to fair use doctrine

Old 12-14-2018, 08:06 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue20 View Post
Ever since Trump enforced the TEMPORARY illegal alien ban from 7 countries, both my liberal and conservative friends are going nuts. They don't seem to give a crap that Trump wants to protect American citizens from people they know nothing about and may want to hurt or kill us.
15 of the Sept 11th hijackers were citizens of Saudi Arabia. And Saudi Arabia is not on Trumps travel ban list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijack...ber_11_attacks
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/27/polit...ntl/index.html

Trumps travel ban creates more radical terrorists (groups like ISIS love Trumps travel ban because it helps them recruit more members.)
https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/us/is...nes/index.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a7552776.html
https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/polit...s-recruitment/

And Trumps travel ban focuses on "Muslims", the ban targets people based on religion (which goes against Americas freedom of religion rights.)

Trumps travel ban not including Saudi Arabia (the country most responsible for Sept 11) is beyond stupid, Trumps travel ban increases membership in groups like ISIS, and Trumps travel ban violates Americas freedom of religion rights.

Quote:
and of liberals telling me radical Islam is benefitting the United States. I've had 2 friends tell me how radical Islam is a good thing. Meanwhile the religion treats women and homosexuals as if they're going to destroy the planet, something the liberals claim conservatives do. It just amazes me.
According to scholars/experts Islam is a religion of peace and the Bible is far more violent than the Quran.

Koran a Book of Peace, Not War, Scholars Say
Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran? : NPR

Old 12-16-2018, 02:00 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

According to scholars/experts Islam is a religion of peace and the Bible is far more violent than the Quran.

cool links but they're wrong.

Old 12-18-2018, 06:45 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
cool links but they're wrong.
"Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah."
-Chapter 3 The family of Imran- Aal-e-Imran: Verse 45 (Quran)
jesus in the Quran - Quran Search

The Quran speaks of Jesus, Moses, John the Baptist, Jonah, ex.ex. all being holy prophets sent by God.
Shared Prophets of Christianity & Islam | People - Opposing Views

“You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you but do not aggress. GOD does not love the aggressors.”
Koran [2:190]

The Quran states not to start wars, and the Quran also gives rules of war like,

- Don't kill women
- Don't kill children
- Don't kill a sick person
- Don't destroy Temples or buildings
- Don't mistreat prisoners
ex.ex.

https://www.parhlo.com/7-verses-of-q...eful-religion/

"Indeed, Allah is with those who are righteous and those who do good."
(Al Quran 16:129)

"The reward of goodness is nothing but goodness."
(Al Quran 55:61)

Here are 200 more verses in the Quran ordering righteous and compassionate living.
Two Hundred Verses about Compassionate Living in the Quran | The Muslim Times

"O you who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should you treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the dowry you have given them - except when they have become guilty of open lewdness. On the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If you take a dislike to them, it may be that you dislike something and Allah will bring about through it a great deal of good."
[Noble Quran 4:19]

Here are more Quran verses giving orders to respect women.
Islams Women - Women in Quran and Sunnah

The Quran is not the cause of violence with radical Muslims, the cause of Muslim violence are groups who manipulate the Quran and don't follow the Qurans teachings (just like many Christians don't follow Jesus' teachings of loving your enemies and turning the other cheek.)

Pope Francis says "the Koran is a book of peace, it is a prophetic book of peace."
Pope Francis: Muslims say Koran 'is a prophetic book of peace' - Washington Times

And as a top Christian Scholar says,

"In terms of its bloodthirsty and intolerant passages, the Bible raises considerably more issues than does the Qur'an. Some Bible passages justify genocide and multigenerational race war; the Qur'an has nothing comparable. While many Qur'anic texts undoubtedly call for warfare or bloodshed, these are hedged around with more restrictions than their biblical equivalents, with more opportunities for the defeated to make peace and survive."
| Top Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran

Could you please explain how the following links are "wrong" ??

Last edited by chad3; 12-18-2018 at 08:14 AM..

Old 12-22-2018, 11:05 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarita-WJC4T68NKL View Post
This is an old post, but I'd like to make a comment about it. I was born in Cuba. We ran away from Communism (which I view as the ultimate goal/step of liberalism). We came here legally, and we now adore the United States!!! It is our country. We love it so much!!!

Communism consists of censorship, imprisonment, and hunger (figuratively, but also literally, physical hunger), except for the elites. The elites of liberalism always live very well. Venezuela is a good example we can observe. I feel very sorry for the people. The global elites have promoted Venezuela's Communism, and now these people are literally beginning to starve.

Flooding any country with people who are uneducated, violent, chaotic, and don't love the country, is a method of killing the country. A country without borders and strict immigration rules, is not a country. What the liberals are trying to do to the U.S. (my country) not only hurts my feelings, but it angers me. It's very telling that liberals do not display the American flag, do not care for Americans, do not behave patriotically, detest the forefathers, detest the Constitution, and show allegiance to foreign powers and to foreigners. It hurts my feelings that they do this, but increasingly I'm moving away from having my feelings hurt by them, to seeing liberals as traitors to my United States of America.

It's a myth. Alt-Right propaganda really. American liberals don't support any such thing.

Very few Americans (and almost nobody in Congress) supports open borders. Something like 75% plus support stricter immigration and better border controls. Fear mongering doesn't help win Americans to your side; it only alienates those with a open mind.

Old 12-22-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarita-WJC4T68NKL View Post
I'd like to comment on your post!

I work at a job and I have approximately (I'm guessing) 100 tasks per day to handle. My supervisor is a supervisor over me and over approximately 50 more people. He can't observe if I'm doing those 100 tasks, nor how I'm doing them, nor when I'm doing them. Same with the other people. The person above my supervisor, supervises my supervisor PLUS many other supervisors. That person can't observe if I'm doing those 100 tasks, nor how I'm doing them, nor when I'm doing them. The person who observes that supervisor is a manager of a huge number of people, and can't observe if I'm doing those 100 tasks, nor how I'm doing them, nor when I'm doing them. The person above him has so many people under him, that it's impossible for him to observe if I'm doing those 100 tasks, nor how I'm doing them, nor when I'm doing them.

This goes on, all the way up.

This is how all systems function, companies, governments, etc.

Periodically there are "checks" along the way. However, ultimately, I am the person who handles my 100 tasks per day. IF I _______ up one of my 100 tasks, the chances are no one will find out. Ultimately, I was hired to be in and handle a position of TRUST! That is why when people get hired, they get a background check. After that, they're TRUSTED to follow the rules of the company. I am the one supposed to follow the rules of the company with regard to those 100 tasks. If I do one of my tasks wrong, is it the fault of the CEO? That's what they say, but ultimately, he wasn't standing behind me checking my work, otherwise he would not have been doing his.

Did his companies ever have 1 illegal? I'm sure! This little game of hiring illegals is out of hand, and illegals are everywhere, some using FAKE IDs. Recently, I reported illegals myself who were working doing a job for a company that should not have hired illegals.

I'm sure you now think I'm evil for reporting illegals, but I'm not concerned. My #1 interest is in kicking out all illegals from my country, whether they're called MS13 or DACA. And if someone made a mistake and hired illegals, well, then they should report them so ICE can get rid of them.

Now breathe.
Oh I see, Trump is too busy to worry about illegals working as his personal maid, got it, so according to you, It's a nothing burger! The guy who rants day and night about illegals can't worry about one little illegal. Give.me.a.break
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration