Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:01 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
All Kevin de Leon needs to do is read the MSM and statements by ICE - 160 targeted, 95% male, 150 had felony convictions (cocaine sales, domestic violence, child molestation, robbery), 5 were repeat border jumpers. No children, less than five women. What is wrong with these elected officials?

What in the world would an illegal alien's lawyer be able to argue in the illegal's defense? I know, separating families, no felonies, job holder, yada yada. I could not easily afford a costly lawyer myself, yet they get free representation, compliments of our tax dollars at work.

"ICE out of LA" will happen when the hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens are gone. Jeez, they have been allowed to flaunt the law for years. I wish they would return to the shadows or go home. Like Mexico, we have immigration laws in place (though hard to believe). Mexico has a wall on its southern border with Guatemala, yet they paint law-abiding US citizens as inhumane. Are Mexican prisons still akin to hell?

Of course, with California welcoming illegal aliens with open arms, who can blame 'em?
Great points . De Leon is either very stupid if he doesn't understand these people committed crimes or he's just insulting people's intelligence by acting outraged for political reasons .

They've been pushing the idea that illegals are just hard workers so having a bunch of them rounded up for horrible crimes does not further their cause. Not a penny of tax payer money should be used for lawyers to defend illegals it's just absurd .

It's a shame that these politicians are so desperate to remain in power that they will sacrifice the safety of American citizens .
If it was up to people like Kevin de Leon no criminals would ever go to jail or be deported .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 02:12 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,185,373 times
Liberals................smh

We want to keep felony committing illegals in our country!!!!!

Old 02-12-2017, 02:14 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
[quote=AnywhereElse;47146291]But, and maybe I am just being too optimistic, it seems that when they go in after other than the regular run of the mill illegals, those types get caught in the mix and detained, hopefully deported.

Seems like the way to get the foot in the door is to go in after a "targeted" illegal alien and there you are among a nest of illegals that can't produce their "documents". I follow the saying "birds of a feather flock together".

I wish they would start the workplace raids again and clean up our town, our state, our country.......[/quote]

Amen to that!

Old 02-17-2017, 07:41 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Liberals................smh

We want to keep felony committing illegals in our country!!!!!

#notallliberals

Old 02-17-2017, 08:12 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
Yup. It looks like a routine drill. There is a chart where it shows Obama also deported lot of people. He actually deported lot more people than Bush and did better job of controlling illegal immigrants entering. Where are all these people during that time? It all looks like a politically motivated at this point of the time rather than genuine concern for immigrants.
I think Obama deporting was nothing other than turning them around when caught at the border. As we know, they keep coming back again and again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, it's a good way to catch the other ones. Hopefully this will happen and the work place raids reinstated under Trump also.
I am really anxious to see them start the workplace raids again. It is part of enforcement and needs to get back underway as that will encourage some, hopefully, to go "home" before they get apprehended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I hope Trump really exposes all the crime and corruption in L.A that's been hidden from the public .

Mayor of L.A and city council are very corrupt.

I'm sure widespread employment of illegals is rampant. Many of the car washes and restaurants use illegal labor .
Not to mention 1 in every 8 white collar jobs, and construction and landscaping/lawn businesses, jobs that Americans were pushed aside from.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:14 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Thumbs up ICE raids expanding

Immigration and Customs Enforcement will use a much wider net to arrest undocumented immigrants, doing away with the Obama administration’s priorities that had shielded millions of people living in the U.S. illegally, lawmakers said Friday.

ICE may widen net in undocumented immigrant arrests - The Orange County Register

Old 02-18-2017, 06:17 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Immigration and Customs Enforcement will use a much wider net to arrest undocumented immigrants, doing away with the Obama administration’s priorities that had shielded millions of people living in the U.S. illegally, lawmakers said Friday.

ICE may widen net in undocumented immigrant arrests - The Orange County Register

Best news in years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration