Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 03:39 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,261,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I get it: you support slavery. Despicable.
If telling someone to do a little math, research, and policy analysis means that I support "slavery," I plead "guilty" to being a "slave master."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 04:33 PM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Teachers don't have access to that information, she/he can't get kids private records other than address and phone number.
You are required to have an excuse why your kids aren't in school. Afraid of deportation is a new one.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:25 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wow. Seriously? Hawaii is actually one of the closest US locations for illegal aliens from Asian countries.
Ok.

1.5% of Hawaii's population is illegal compared to 8 or 9% on the mainland.

Huge difference

Old 03-13-2017, 08:19 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
how does he know who is illegal? is the teacher using e-verify on kids,
If you don't speak English, you are probably illegal.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:35 AM

309 posts, read 515,929 times
Quote:
A teacher for Hawaii's largest high school has been harshly criticized for sending an email to staff at his school saying he was refusing to teach immigrant students in the U.S. illegally.

Campbell High School teacher John Sullivan on Wednesday used his work email to reply to a group of messages about parents keeping students out of school due to fears of being deported.

"This is another attack on the President over deportation," Sullivan's email said. "Their parents need to apply for immigration like everyone else. If they are here in the U.S. illegally, I won't teach them."

Hawaii teacher: 'I won't teach' undocumented immigrants - ABC News

Maybe if more people had Mr Sullivan's balls, there'd be less illegal aliens in the US and the hardheads would be quiet.
A tremendous amount of courage from Mr. Sullivan.

Unlike the psychopaths who support criminal activities AND put those immoral illegals way ahead of all honest hard working Americans.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:38 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^Exactly

One way they know which kids are illegals is when the parent(s) take them to school to register them. They, more times than not, don't have a birth certificate for the kid. When told that they need one, the parent(s) will say something like the kid never got a birth certificate when s/he was born in (insert name of third world country). As a result, the kid is allowed to enroll without one.

Meanwhile, when Americans show up to register their kids who were also born here, they are told that they can't enroll their kids without a birth certificate---and until they produce one, they aren't allowed to attend school.
And vaccine records.

And, there are also cases of TB in immigrants, and this is the documented immigrants. 22 Percent of Resettled Refugees in Minnesota Test Positive for Tuberculosis - Breitbart

Here is another link for U.S. a few years ago. http://www.tbfacts.org/tb-statistics-united-states/

Old 03-13-2017, 08:40 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
What illegal immigrants are going to Hawaii (serious question)? I would assume their issue isn't primarily with Hispanics, but maybe Asian populations? People overstaying visas?

Old 03-13-2017, 09:03 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
A teacher for Hawaii's largest high school has been harshly criticized for sending an email to staff at his school saying he was refusing to teach immigrant students in the U.S. illegally.

Campbell High School teacher John Sullivan on Wednesday used his work email to reply to a group of messages about parents keeping students out of school due to fears of being deported.

"This is another attack on the President over deportation," Sullivan's email said. "Their parents need to apply for immigration like everyone else. If they are here in the U.S. illegally, I won't teach them."

Hawaii teacher: 'I won't teach' undocumented immigrants - ABC News

Maybe if more people had Mr Sullivan's balls, there'd be less illegal aliens in the US and the hardheads would be quiet.

Good for John Sullivan.

Whenever one discusses illegal aliens or illegal immigrants, whether they be adults or kids, the key word is illegal.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:51 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily Pad View Post
A tremendous amount of courage from Mr. Sullivan.

Unlike the psychopaths who support criminal activities AND put those immoral illegals way ahead of all honest hard working Americans.
He'll likely get suspended or fired.

We had a teacher in MN who wrote an email asking the Superintendent for help regarding immigrant kids in his class. This was a group of immigrant kids from Somalia I believe. And he had been having a difficult time getting the parents to get their kids to school on time, and the kids school work was suffering.

It caused a big stink, he got reprimanded for singling out immigrant kids. I believe suspended. All the kids went on strike, because they didn't think it was fair.

It was ludicrous. And that was last year before all the recent immigration upsets.

I found a news article: East Grand Forks students protest teacher's suspension after alleged controversial email | WDAY

Old 03-13-2017, 09:28 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,931 times
He will likely get fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration