Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:14 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,379,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I disagree with illegal immigration and want birthright citizenship overturned, but the glee that you people express over a guy who wasn't hurting anybody getting totally hosed, sickens me.
An American who didn't get the job at Pepperidge Farm may disagree with you regarding this guy not hurting anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Yeah, forget the rapists, the drug dealers, the gang members, the murderers, the domestic abusers - get rid of those responsible working parents!!!!
Responsible working parents don't violate a nation's immigration laws.

Would love to know how he got a work permit.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:23 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,443,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Responsible working parents don't violate a nation's immigration laws.

Would love to know how he got a work permit.
So you don't think that maybe the focus should be on much higher priority people to be deported - like rapists, gang members, and murderers?

Parents of American citizens and adopted people whose citizenship was never correctly finalized, they should be at the top of the list?

Old 07-18-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
So you don't think that maybe the focus should be on much higher priority people to be deported - like rapists, gang members, and murderers?

Parents of American citizens and adopted people whose citizenship was never correctly finalized, they should be at the top of the list?
I'm confident we can handle them all. Had they booted this guy back when he was first ordered removed we wouldn't be spending time on him now.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I'm confident we can handle them all.
Which is not what I asked you at all. Do you think that people who have committed violent crimes should be higher on the deportee list than parents of American citizens?

Old 07-18-2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Which is not what I asked you at all. Do you think that people who have committed violent crimes should be higher on the deportee list than parents of American citizens?
I haven't seen any evidence that giving this guy the boot has kept any violent criminals here any longer. Can you show that he took up time and space that would have gone to getting rid of a violent criminal? Did he take up a seat on the plane that would have been given to some MS13 gang member?

Days Before His Deportation, Jesus Manuel Lara Lopez Can Only Pray | WOSU Radio

"Lara came to Ohio two decades ago—not long after crossing the border into the U.S. Like many Latino immigrants, he found plenty of work in this small agricultural town, working in the fields and at a landscaping business.

Then in 2008, he was pulled over for a minor traffic violation and charged for driving without a license--in Ohio you cannot obtain a license if you are undocumented. He was given an order of deportation in 2008 but he appealed and was allowed to stay and work.

In 2011, he lost his appeal, but under the Obama administration, his clean criminal record made him a low priority for deportation. He was given permission to remain and work. But in May, at his annual check-in with ICE, agents gave him an ankle monitor and told him he would be deported."

He appears to not be very concerned about following our traffic laws, either.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen any evidence that giving this guy the boot has kept any violent criminals here any longer. Can you show that he took up time and space that would have gone to getting rid of a violent criminal? Did he take up a seat on the plane that would have been given to some MS13 gang member?

Days Before His Deportation, Jesus Manuel Lara Lopez Can Only Pray | WOSU Radio

"Lara came to Ohio two decades ago—not long after crossing the border into the U.S. Like many Latino immigrants, he found plenty of work in this small agricultural town, working in the fields and at a landscaping business.

Then in 2008, he was pulled over for a minor traffic violation and charged for driving without a license--in Ohio you cannot obtain a license if you are undocumented. He was given an order of deportation in 2008 but he appealed and was allowed to stay and work.

In 2011, he lost his appeal, but under the Obama administration, his clean criminal record made him a low priority for deportation. He was given permission to remain and work. But in May, at his annual check-in with ICE, agents gave him an ankle monitor and told him he would be deported."

He appears to not be very concerned about following our traffic laws, either.

Any time, energy, and money spent on finding and deporting a non violent, working illegal, who is a parent to American Citizens, is time NOT spent on finding and deporting a violent illegal. Lara wasn't going anywhere. He wasn't on the run. They knew exactly where he was.

So again, I ask you, do you think an adopted person whose idiot parents didn't file his citizenship paperwork correctly, should be higher up on the deportee list than a violent rapist? Simple question.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:09 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,040,710 times
Quote:
Hey, remember that Korean guy who was adopted and his parents never bothered to file the paperwork for his citizenship, then they abandoned him and he had all kinds of trouble, then he finally turned his life around and had a family?

Yeah, they deported him too! Good job, ICE!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ea-deportation

Go get those contributing members of society! Murica!
I read this and immediately thought that there must be more to the story. Because just based on these facts if he is married to a US citizen and is in the US all he has to do is file some paperwork to get a green card. Then I see this

Quote:
But a standard background check in the application flagged his criminal record.
Must be bad enough to stop him from getting a green card.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:18 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,040,710 times
Quote:
Yeah, forget the rapists, the drug dealers, the gang members, the murderers, the domestic abusers - get rid of those responsible working parents!!!!
Quote:

Quote:
And in the meantime what do you expect? Just kick this guy loose because there are still some rapist, gang members or murderer illegal aliens? They should be arresting and deporting anyone that comes up on their radar.

I agree that they should be focused on illegals that commit violent crimes or DUIs etc, but that doesn't mean they should ignore low hanging fruit thats already been through the court system and ordered deported.

Old 07-19-2017, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
I read this and immediately thought that there must be more to the story. Because just based on these facts if he is married to a US citizen and is in the US all he has to do is file some paperwork to get a green card. Then I see this

Must be bad enough to stop him from getting a green card.
Again, he was brought to this country by adoptive parents when he was 4. They did not file his citizenship paperwork. HOW is that his fault?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration