Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 12:35 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
"Leopold told WEWS-TV that his client had a valid work permit. The New York Times reported in June that Lopez worked "the graveyard shift packing Milano cookies and Goldfish crackers" at Pepperidge Farm."

""These are the darkest times I've ever seen as an attorney. When the best and the brightest that we have to offer are taken from their homes and sent away," Leopold told reporters. "The law is so broken."

I somehow suspect we will find an American to package the Goldfish crackers at Pepperidge Farm.
Actually, the "dark times" are when you truly believe that someone packing crackers is our best and brightest.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 01:06 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Because it is the large corporations and the wealthy that want wages depressed. The govt. just approved a 45% Increase in these work visas! That's where our ire really belongs.

Deporting this one guy, and all the time and money we spent doing it will simply not accomplish anything good. Now we have four kids being raised without a father, and they are Americans, so they are staying. It's always great to have more kids raised in a single parent environment with no dad, right? Those kids won't turn into angry young men. Nope.
They are being raised without a father due to the behavior of their parents. How come this dedicated father didn't take his kids with him?

Old 07-19-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Best and the brightest? How bright does one have to be to package crackers?
I'd do the job, but I'd hardly claim to be the best and brightest America has.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Any time, energy, and money spent on finding and deporting a non violent, working illegal, who is a parent to American Citizens, is time NOT spent on finding and deporting a violent illegal. Lara wasn't going anywhere. He wasn't on the run. They knew exactly where he was.

So again, I ask you, do you think an adopted person whose idiot parents didn't file his citizenship paperwork correctly, should be higher up on the deportee list than a violent rapist? Simple question.
Yep, they knew where he was but he needed to go somewhere. Back to Mexico. Looks like he had plenty of notice, but did not comply. A prior order of removal bumped his cracker-packing self up to the top of the list. I don't have a problem with it .... I want them all gone.

Adopted person should have applied for citizenship when he became a legal adult. I am suspecting there is more to this story than we are hearing.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post
I read this and immediately thought that there must be more to the story. Because just based on these facts if he is married to a US citizen and is in the US all he has to do is file some paperwork to get a green card. Then I see this

Must be bad enough to stop him from getting a green card.
"
He was later caught breaking in to his former foster families home to retrieve his Korean bible and a pair of shoes, and was sentenced to 25 months in prison. Crapser was also charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, assault after a fight with a roommate, and a protection order placed by an ex-girlfriend."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ea-deportation

Old 07-19-2017, 01:26 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Entered country illegally, stayed after told to leave, somehow got order stayed, somehow got permission to work legally. Finally deported.

Busily reproducing this entire time, but doesn't take his children with him?
Yes, that sounds like a really responsible parent! lol

Old 07-19-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanokie View Post

Must be bad enough to stop him from getting a green card.
Yep ...... see above.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Yes, that sounds like a really responsible parent! lol
Someone pointed out that welfare stops should the children depart the US. But I thought the original article claimed he wasn't on public assistance.

A job packing crackers, however, pays enough to get a mortgage.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:05 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,440,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
This is all anyone needs to know in regards to how you feel about this nation.
And the comments in this thread tell me everything I need to know about the completely heartless individuals in this nation, heartless and inhumane.

Old 07-19-2017, 04:22 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Someone pointed out that welfare stops should the children depart the US. But I thought the original article claimed he wasn't on public assistance.

A job packing crackers, however, pays enough to get a mortgage.
He said HE was not getting food stamps and he could not legally get food stamps, BUT the kids can get them along with getting the whole family into Section 8 housing, plus free medical. An illegal alien cannot draw public assistance unless they are using a stolen ID which, sadly, many do. I think if one looked deeper, they would find the anchors getting public assistance.

I looked it up, average wage for a production worker for the company is $18.00 an hour. If that was the only income, with the kids, etc., I can't imagine one would be living very well. I live in a low cost of living area, and that won't get one much if it is the only income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
And the comments in this thread tell me everything I need to know about the completely heartless individuals in this nation, heartless and inhumane.
Think that comment will change my mind? Think again. These illegal aliens have no respect for our laws, and I certainly don't have a shred of respect for them or any other person that doesn't respect our laws including my fellow citizens!

They have a country, so time to get their butts out of mine and take their supposed anchors with them. They knew exactly what they were doing. I bet we paid emergency care services for delivering everyone of the anchors too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration