Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 05:37 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times

Advertisements

Just because people have been in this country 10 years or more does not make them legal or give them any kind of right to stay here. We have already footed the bill for their education and who knows what else. They should consider themselves fortunate and head back to their native country and make it a place where people won't want to flee.

As far as public support lacking in deporting illegals, I suppose it depends on who you associate with. People's whose lives and livelihoods who have been affected negatively by illegals feel very strongly about enforcing our laws, as well they should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 05:43 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Just because people have been in this country 10 years or more does not make them legal or give them any kind of right to stay here. We have already footed the bill for their education and who knows what else. They should consider themselves fortunate and head back to their native country and make it a place where people won't want to flee.

As far as public support lacking in deporting illegals, I suppose it depends on who you associate with. People's whose lives and livelihoods who have been affected negatively by illegals feel very strongly about enforcing our laws, as well they should.
Still a pipedream. There is no resource or support for creating one. The portion of the public supporting deportation is quite small. Under 25%.

Their education equips them to do well in the US but not in the old country.

And 30 years of history testify we are not going to deport the illegals. Fact of life.

And maintaining them in this situation will continue to prevent us gaining control of immigration.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:32 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Still a pipedream. There is no resource or support for creating one. The portion of the public supporting deportation is quite small. Under 25%.

Their education equips them to do well in the US but not in the old country.

And 30 years of history testify we are not going to deport the illegals. Fact of life.

And maintaining them in this situation will continue to prevent us gaining control of immigration.
The fact that we have 30 years of history says that now is the time to take action! We would never have this problem if we took action before. It is not too late. Legal US Hispanics, that also make up the largest portion of illegal immigrants, worry about illegal immigration more than Whites or Blacks: In US, Worry About Illegal Immigration Steady. And they should; because it is unfair competition and drives down their wages. For anybody that believes in a fair day's pay for a fair day's wages; illegal immigration is not for us.

The tools are there; we just need to be strong enough to implement the necessary changes. If the illegal population has no monetary support or jobs; then many will self-deport.

Old 09-16-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The fact that we have 30 years of history says that now is the time to take action! We would never have this problem if we took action before. It is not too late. Legal US Hispanics, that also make up the largest portion of illegal immigrants, worry about illegal immigration more than Whites or Blacks: In US, Worry About Illegal Immigration Steady. And they should; because it is unfair competition and drives down their wages. For anybody that believes in a fair day's pay for a fair day's wages; illegal immigration is not for us.

The tools are there; we just need to be strong enough to implement the necessary changes. If the illegal population has no monetary support or jobs; then many will self-deport.
We could have and should have fixed the problem in the late 80s or early 90s. Since then it has become practically impossible.

If you want to quote Gallup get the story straight....

In U.S., 65% Favor Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants

The thing is overwhelming. At this point all the right can do is block. And blocking prevents fixing the problem.

Sensible would be to negotiate a deal that provides legalization without citizenship initially and then let them come in gradually over a 25 year period... Let the Dreamers in first and then require 10 or 20 years before others can apply. Gives the Republicans a couple of decades to convert the new arrivals. These are actually pretty conservative people and I am not sure the Republicans will lose that battle.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:41 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,171 times
Quote:
We could have and should have fixed the problem in the late 80s or early 90s. Since then it has become practically impossible.

The thing is overwhelming. At this point all the right can do is block. And blocking prevents fixing the problem.

Sensible would be to negotiate a deal that provides legalization without citizenship initially and then let them come in gradually over a 25 year period... Let the Dreamers in first and then require 10 or 20 years before others can apply. Gives the Republicans a couple of decades to convert the new arrivals. These are actually pretty conservative people and I am not sure the Republicans will lose that battle.
There we go with quoting polls again and one from 2015 no less, how many polls had Hillary wining the election, answer, all of them.
The Polls — All Of Them — Show Hillary Clinton Leading but she still did not win. The problem with polls is that many are afraid to tell the truth for fear of being put on a hit list by liberals. If we were to take a poll on this forum of positive posts for illegals and those that want them to be deported, I believe we would find that most of us want illegals deported, that is because we are anonymous on a forum, whereas a phone caller has a persons phone number, thus not anonymous.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:48 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:

Fisheye's link is a Gallup news article. One 2 years more current than yours which specifically states, complete with graph, his claim that legal Hispanics worry more than whites or blacks about illegal immigration.

Hispanics. 67%
Non-Hispanic whites. 59%
Non-Hispanic blacks. 57%

Old 09-16-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
There we go with quoting polls again and one from 2015 no less, how many polls had Hillary wining the election, answer, all of them.
The Polls — All Of Them — Show Hillary Clinton Leading but she still did not win. The problem with polls is that many are afraid to tell the truth for fear of being put on a hit list by liberals. If we were to take a poll on this forum of positive posts for illegals and those that want them to be deported, I believe we would find that most of us want illegals deported, that is because we are anonymous on a forum, whereas a phone caller has a persons phone number, thus not anonymous.
More nonsense. The polls on the disposition of the illegals have been consistent for a decade.

The polls on Clinton were likely right. Up to the 28th she had it won. Then Comey interfered and screwed up the process. And she still won the popular vote...as projected by the polls.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:36 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
More nonsense. The polls on the disposition of the illegals have been consistent for a decade.

The polls on Clinton were likely right. Up to the 28th she had it won. Then Comey interfered and screwed up the process. And she still won the popular vote...as projected by the polls.
No one wants Hillary and the more we see her and her pathetic excuses; the less we want her! She blames everybody except herself! She will never accept defeat. On this forum there was one thread of possible Democratic candidates for 2020 and she was right there on the bottom of the list. She had the biggest war chest any politician ever had in the history of a Presidential runs and that could not save her!

As far as polls; what good did they do you in the last election? I was an economics major and I am aware of many of the problems with polls. Forget the polls and ask the laid off legal immigrants how they feel when they have been replaced by an illegal. Ask an American roofing company how they feel when the company next door uses illegal immigrants. Ask a landscaper how he feels about his competition using illegal immigrants. I just have a good hunch that those numbers are not reflected in your polls.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:53 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,171 times
Quote:

The same old leftist lie, if it were not for illegals and all the fake votes then she would likely not have won the popular vote either, hopefully someday in the near future that will be proved so the left can stop spouting it as if it were true. Even where we live Supervisor of Elections in Broward County Admits Election Fraud in Federal trial some counts have the illegal votes at around 5,000 and Broward is just one county of 67 in Florida, how many more counties had illegal votes counted and then take the rest of the country.

I personally have seen green card holders with voter registration cards, so I would bet that many also voted, which is illegal.

Conservatives that I know have never even been called to participate in polls, I do not know of even one who has been called, so what type of poll accuracy is there when a poll can be directed at one type of area, one group or can even be directed using a voter registration list. I also know of many conservatives who are even afraid to put any Trump stickers on their car because many have had their cars vandalized because of those stickers, so why would they respond to polls even if they had been called.
Police: Trump bumper sticker triggered vandalism | KING5.com Polls are flawed, plain and simple.

Old 09-17-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
The same old leftist lie, if it were not for illegals and all the fake votes then she would likely not have won the popular vote either, hopefully someday in the near future that will be proved so the left can stop spouting it as if it were true. Even where we live Supervisor of Elections in Broward County Admits Election Fraud in Federal trial some counts have the illegal votes at around 5,000 and Broward is just one county of 67 in Florida, how many more counties had illegal votes counted and then take the rest of the country.

I personally have seen green card holders with voter registration cards, so I would bet that many also voted, which is illegal.

Conservatives that I know have never even been called to participate in polls, I do not know of even one who has been called, so what type of poll accuracy is there when a poll can be directed at one type of area, one group or can even be directed using a voter registration list. I also know of many conservatives who are even afraid to put any Trump stickers on their car because many have had their cars vandalized because of those stickers, so why would they respond to polls even if they had been called.
Police: Trump bumper sticker triggered vandalism | KING5.com Polls are flawed, plain and simple.
The presence of illegal voters in S. FL has been known for some years. It is often used to show that photo ID which is standard in FL does little to prevent illegal voting. Note that much of the illegal voting in South Florida is by legal Cubans who generally vote Republican.

This poll is hopelessly one sided and shows that even Republicans do not favor deportation.

What you are attempting to do is discredit that which is obvious to all except the true believer. The US citizenry does not support deportation of the illegals. And virtually no one will accept the cost of doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration