Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 06:47 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
March? Protest? What will that accomplish? People need to unite and DO SOMETHING other than making signs.
BUT signs and marches work very well for illegal aliens and Dreamers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 09:21 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire1 View Post
Why are the citizens being so quiet about this? Why are there no marches or protests?
Citizens have to go to work everyday. Plus their bosses won't give them a day off to protest. It's different for illegals. Back about 10 years ago, illegals were tossing temper tantrums (they called them protests) all across the country demanding amnesty. Sleazy employers who hired illegals shut down their businesses for the day so that their illegals could protest. In my area, some restaurants shut down for the day. The good thing about that was that I knew to never patronize those restaurants after that!

How many employers are there who would shut down an entire business so that their American citizens can protest illegals? I'm guessing that the answer is zero.

All that said, around the time those protests took place, the next town over from us was planning to open a day labor site so that illegals could find jobs. To add insult to injury, taxpayer money was going to be used to fund this travesty. For the first time ever in my life, I took to the streets along with several other like minded people to protest this. Sadly, the town council ignored the 75% of the people who spoke up at the meeting to say "no" to this, and went ahead and opened the day labor site. The mayor was arrogant enough to say that he knew what was best for the town and the voters didn't. So, the site opened.

Some months later, the town had an election. It just so happened that the election occurred on the same day that the illegals were throwing their amnesty tantrum. In the town, they protested at one of the busiest intersections. Town elections usually have low voter turnout. After many people saw the illegal's tantrum, they headed to the polls and voted the mayor and the town council members who supported the site out of office. When their lease was up, the day labor site closed down.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:18 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
What's to stop them from giving 72 hours notice and then showing up 24 hours later instead?
The way I read this the 72 hours is after ICE has come in to look at the employment records so as to verify everyone working there can do so legally. My guess is that this is to give the illegals time to disappear before they are arrested. CA can't dictate that ICE announce when and where they are going to do a raid looking for illegals. Places that knowingly hire illegals will probably get word out to them as soon as ICE arrives.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:48 AM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Citizens have to go to work everyday. Plus their bosses won't give them a day off to protest. It's different for illegals. Back about 10 years ago, illegals were tossing temper tantrums (they called them protests) all across the country demanding amnesty. Sleazy employers who hired illegals shut down their businesses for the day so that their illegals could protest. In my area, some restaurants shut down for the day. The good thing about that was that I knew to never patronize those restaurants after that!

How many employers are there who would shut down an entire business so that their American citizens can protest illegals? I'm guessing that the answer is zero.

All that said, around the time those protests took place, the next town over from us was planning to open a day labor site so that illegals could find jobs. To add insult to injury, taxpayer money was going to be used to fund this travesty. For the first time ever in my life, I took to the streets along with several other like minded people to protest this. Sadly, the town council ignored the 75% of the people who spoke up at the meeting to say "no" to this, and went ahead and opened the day labor site. The mayor was arrogant enough to say that he knew what was best for the town and the voters didn't. So, the site opened.

Some months later, the town had an election. It just so happened that the election occurred on the same day that the illegals were throwing their amnesty tantrum. In the town, they protested at one of the busiest intersections. Town elections usually have low voter turnout. After many people saw the illegal's tantrum, they headed to the polls and voted the mayor and the town council members who supported the site out of office. When their lease was up, the day labor site closed down.

I can relate, BOS. There is a town near the beach where a parking lot has been used as a day labor place for illegal aliens with the city's approval. There is a fast food hamburger place in another area where illegal aliens hang out seeking day jobs. This happens all over So. Calif. I have seen it over and over. It's very upsetting.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:54 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I can relate, BOS. There is a town near the beach where a parking lot has been used as a day labor place for illegal aliens with the city's approval. There is a fast food hamburger place in another area where illegal aliens hang out seeking day jobs. This happens all over So. Calif. I have seen it over and over. It's very upsetting.
I know some towns had and maybe still have laws against "loitering". It was/is a good law and would take care of issues like this. Anyone "loitering" is usually up to no good.

I have great sympathy for those in CA. We have illegals here, they have turned the city into a 3rd world dump with a poverty rate of 25% in the city, and the schools, just two blocks or so from the teacher's college rate a 3 out of 10.

The thing is that those that are living it and just getting a news feed have NO idea what it is like. By the time it reaches them, it will be too late, but if we don't take care of the problem, deport and secure the border, it will reach them also. Here they are moving into better neighborhoods, turning every room into a bedroom, 4 anchor babies per family, much of the wages under-the-table and those new shiney dual cab trucks parked in the front yard!

Old 10-08-2017, 04:07 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
The best way is to support recalls and candidates who are anti illegals. Voting Republican doesn't always guarantee it though because some have sold out.

Start listening to KFI AM 640 live or podcast. John and Ken have been instrumental in getting people elected or booted out. They target propositions and laws, the latest being The Road Diet where Mayor Yoga Pants aka Gridlock Garcetti has been making congested roads worse by creating bike lanes. They were instrumental in targeting a California politician for recall for supporting the increased gas tax.

All we have to do is have a few small successes and it will scare the cowards into line. Every small victory adds up!

Old 10-08-2017, 04:24 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
At some point I can see CA Dem Govs calling out the national guard to thwart ICE activities. Thats why they need Carmello Harris to be President so bad, thats why the primary date was changed.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
At some point I can see CA Dem Govs calling out the national guard to thwart ICE activities. Thats why they need Carmello Harris to be President so bad, thats why the primary date was changed.
That could blow back and HARD if Jerry Brown tried to call out the Calif Nat Guard against Federal agents; the last time a state tried that stunt by using local cops, Jim Crow started falling in Mississippi 60 years ago.

Kamala Harris? That Calif politician? IMHO she won't get very far running as a Dem since that party's still a broken mess over Hillary losing a year ago.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:55 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
ICE should simply wait for them on the sidewalk outside.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:13 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
But the children...and they pay taxes...MSM doesn't seem to be highlighting those deportation sob stories anymore...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration