Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 11:43 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times

Advertisements

“It’s been really tough, it’s been a rollercoaster of emotion,” said Eliana Fernandez, a DACA recipient and mother of two children, ages 10 and 5. “What’s going to happen with my life, with my work, with my children? I’ve been trying to process everything.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wi...1&ocid=U270DHP

Eliana: just take your kids back home. Too, where's their father?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 12:43 PM

27,218 posts, read 46,796,264 times
No she can takem with her. Sit out her ban on her native country and have her kids sponsor her when they are old enough.

If the parents qualify to be sponsored/endorsed and have all papers ready, fees paid then they can come back.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:56 PM

63,010 posts, read 29,216,871 times
She needs to blame her parent that brought her here. Why after all these years didn't she try and get within the law? She needs to return to her homeland with her kids and take the steps to come here legally.

From the article:

“Many young people with DACA are parents, the majority to U.S. citizen kids. These children should be entitled to the same rights and opportunities as any other child,” said Marielena Hincapié, the executive director of the center.

Yes, they should and that means that as the same as American parents who break our laws they often get separated from their kids. Kids don't get to benefit from their parent's law breaking no matter who they are nor do parent's get to escape justice because they have kids.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:09 PM

1,059 posts, read 832,085 times
Mercy! Yet another DACA sob story. No father in the picture? (I am shocked) As an aside, the father needs to pay back the welfare system for child support it has expended. After all, that's how it works for Americans who mooch off society.

The hits just keep on coming with these entitled recipients. Instead of seeking sympathy, they needed to work on getting papers so they could stay legally. They must have been under the impression the gravy train would last forever. Again, DACA was only a temporary stop-gap by EO in 2012... plenty of time for the recipients to change their status. Frankly, I do not want anyone in our country who is too lazy to get documented. Weren't the immigrants of yore known to be grateful to be here, worked on becoming legal, learned the language and assimilated into the American culture? That sure is a far cry from today's "immigrants." Perhaps the bleeding hearts need to read up on American history of immigration in the past.

In the meantime, the DACA crowd needs to take their American citizen children and go back home to grandparents and other relatives. Leave their children behind in the US? No way would I be separated from my children. That would be the ultimate betrayal to these American citizen offsprings... abandonment by their parents/mothers. There are close to a million minors in US foster care already.

Sometimes life just doesn't go the way we planned.

Last edited by Annie1004; 10-21-2017 at 01:25 PM..

Old 10-21-2017, 02:05 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,376,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Mercy! Yet another DACA sob story. No father in the picture? (I am shocked) As an aside, the father needs to pay back the welfare system for child support it has expended. After all, that's how it works for Americans who mooch off society.

The hits just keep on coming with these entitled brats. Instead of seeking sympathy, they needed to work on getting papers so they could stay legally. They must have been under the impression the gravy train would last forever. Again, DACA was only a temporary stop-gap by EO in 2012... plenty of time for the recipients to change their status. Frankly, I do not want anyone in our country who is too lazy to get documented. Weren't the immigrants of yore known to be grateful to be here, worked on becoming legal, learned the language and assimilated into the American culture? That sure is a far cry from today's "immigrants." Perhaps the bleeding hearts need to read up on American history of immigration in the past.
In general the DACA recipients are not in a position to change their status. There are a limited number of hardship cases but that is it for most.

I would expect that the children of Dreamers will virtually all remain in the states or return to it when they reach school age. The Dreamers are basically assimilated. They are not going to raise their children outside the states. Many if not most will be able to arrange it through citizen family members. Likely lots of welfare will be involved.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:12 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,389,587 times
I'm sure the home countries would be eager to accept the children, as they will mostly be bilingual and possess skills that many in those countries do not. Let them help to build up those countries.

Moreover, the emotions on this have no impact on the law, as the law is the law and must be enforced. If some want illegals to stay, let them win control of the government and change the laws under the system in place.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:50 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,376,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm sure the home countries would be eager to accept the children, as they will mostly be bilingual and possess skills that many in those countries do not. Let them help to build up those countries.

Moreover, the emotions on this have no impact on the law, as the law is the law and must be enforced. If some want illegals to stay, let them win control of the government and change the laws under the system in place.

The law is flatly unenforceable. It is in the same class as the Congress passing a law that the Sun is forbidden to rise. The old sun is not going to pay any attention.

Try it the other way. All you guys got to do is get the Congress to pass a budget for ICE big enough to enforce the law. Try it and get educated.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:13 PM

1,184 posts, read 721,881 times
They will be deported with the kids left behind. The parents should really start making arrangements now...dysfunctional Congress isn't going to pass anything

Old 10-21-2017, 07:14 PM

671 posts, read 446,361 times
Boo effing Hoo.

GET. OUT!!!

Old 10-21-2017, 07:27 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,036,216 times
This article is yet another sob story. The MSM keeps churning them out with the hope that they might find just the right sob story that will have every reader crying over the fate of the DACAs. Oh, gimme a break!

I love how the author lies about the DACAs' kids. From the article:

With the cancellation of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, an estimated 200,000 children are at risk of losing their parents.

^^^^What a bald faced lie! If these DACAs are decent parents, they would take their kids with them when they get deported. That's what any decent parent would do. No one is forcing them to leave their kids behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration