Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 07:53 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,132,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Call your Mom and have her remind you of Ann Lander's favorite phrase, MYOB (Mind Your Own Business).
That makes no sense at all. We are talking about people that are breaking the law. So, if I saw someone crawling through your window when you weren't home, someone getting ready to apprehend a child, see someone holding a gun to someone's head, see someone stealing your mail..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Illegals in the country is the OP's business. Just like its the business of every American citizen. The ICE hotline exists for a reason, OP. Use it!
People that break the law are everyone's business! Maybe this simply falls under "Those in live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks." I would not be surprised if this wasn't the case many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. Reporting law breakers no matter who they are is the responsible thing to do since they already committed a crime and unless it's brought to law enforcement's attention they more than likely will commit another crime.
But, but they'll have to pay more to have someone cut their grass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
I also disagree, it is every Americans responsibility to keep America safe and to keep the countries costs down, thus reporting illegals may help get them deported, which is a definite plus for America.

So to the op, report them and if ICE does nothing then at least you tried to do your part. When reporting them, try to report all identifying information, such as the type of vehicles they drive and the plate numbers, the place they live and work, all information may lead to our govt catching yet another criminal illegal and might even save an American life in the process.
They seem to advocate for lawlessness. No one reports any crimes............... Considering the number of hit-and-runs by illegal aliens, imagine when one of these that supports lawlessness needs someone to "report" and they say "Sorry, I'm minding my own business." That is where their argument fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Depends on the people.
If they are hardworking and decent, I'd call my high school friend who is a partner in an immigration law firm to try to help them.
If they are unremarkable but otherwise not hurting anyone, I'd call no one.
If they are criminals, I'd drop a dime anonymously.
I guess you mean in general though as illegal aliens are not law abiding, you get that right, "ILLEGAL" so, decent goes out the window from the get-go. Ever heard of "aiding and abetting"? You might ask your lawyer friend about that.

For many like yourself who want to let these lawless people who break our laws everyday in order to remain here, this will most likely come back to bite you in the butt over time. Learning the hard way is often the only way some people can learn.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:17 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,704 times
Quote:
If they are criminals,
But how would you know if they were criminals? Criminals are all around us, even parents and siblings often do not know that their own family members are criminals.

Illegals showed a disrespect for our laws by breaking into our country, what makes anyone think they will respect the rest of our laws, they often drive without a drivers license, many drive drunk, many steal identities and thus hurt those whose identities they are using.

I wonder how those who accept illegals to stay in our country would feel if it was their identity that was stolen and their tax returns that ended up being stolen as well. I have had friends who had to fight for years to try to get their identities cleared up and get their tax return that had been paid to an illegal. Years ago one guy I knew of got arrested and detained because someone had used his identity when they got arrested and failed to show up for court. Others I have known have been denied their right to buy firearms until they send in fingerprints with each denial, why should good people have to suffer because illegals use their identity and why should our govt have to lose the money that illegals steal when they file fraudulent tax returns.

Illegal aliens commit many crimes that the general public is often not aware of, they all need to be deported or go home and come back legally.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:18 AM

Interesting article on what happens when someone tips off ICE: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...-deported.html So, it could make a difference. Illegal aliens often have committed fraud, using document fraud, over 900,000 have been removal orders that have been removed and, therefore, qualify for immediate removal. All and all, it won't hurt to report and it really is the duty of everyone to report laws being broken, but then again a non-law-abiding legal immigrant or citizen wouldn't have the respect of our system to probably bother.

Per the linked article:

"If ICE does decide to attempt to remove you, ICE agents may arrest you and/or your wife. This agency’s history of making sure that children are cared for in such a situation is not great, so make sure your children know where to go and who to contact if you are not at home when expected. It might be wise to consult an immigration attorney in advance about your situation, so that you have already lined up someone who can start acting on your behalf and figure out where you are being held."

So, maybe those that sympathize will help illegal aliens figure out a plan for those with children. They should definitely set up guardianship, so they if they are apprehended and jailed, someone will be available for the children.

This is also very informative, as depending on the violation(s) of the illegal alien, there can be other agencies that one can report to: https://americanchaos.wordpress.com/how-to/

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 12-13-2017 at 08:29 AM..

Old 12-13-2017, 08:23 AM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Depends on the people.
If they are hardworking and decent, I'd call my high school friend who is a partner in an immigration law firm to try to help them.
If they are unremarkable but otherwise not hurting anyone, I'd call no one.
If they are criminals, I'd drop a dime anonymously.

Hard work does not excuse anyone for breaking the law. I'm sure there are many Americans who break the law yet they work hard. How would you know if you encountered an illegal alien if they were hard working and decent or that they hadn't committed an unlawful act like felony ID theft or tax evasion? No immigration lawyer should help any illegal aliens escape justice.

It's still a violation of our immigration laws for them to be here or to work here. Do they have to be hardened or violent criminals to turn them in?

Old 12-13-2017, 08:30 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,853,977 times
Quote:
Depends on the people.
Then they can return to their country and go through the process LEGALLY! If they don't qualify, well too bad, so sad. Not our problems.

Letting them stay is a kick in the arse to legal immigrants, such as my wife, since we spent several thousand dollars on petitions, visits to the embassy, processing, medical, blood tests, police reports from EVERY place she had previously lived and interview. Plus I had to put together a "scrapbook", so to speak, of pictures showing us together for the previous 5 years, airplane tickets, hotel bills ----all to prove we were an actual couple for the previous 5 years. And it still took time, and she still had to go through extra processing after her interview. Not just us, but many others go through the same process on a yearly bases to to get approved.

And these frikin *******s come here illegally, or over stay their visas, becoming nothing but a drain on our society as they bring their crime, filth, total disregard of the law, steal identities and take our jobs.

Call ICE! Call the cops! If they live in an HOA, report them to the administration because we all know they are living just like they did in the third world ****hole they came from. Probably several families in a 2 bedroom house!!!!! Again, make their lives absolutely miserable.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:39 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,295,494 times
The open minded crew here is feisty this morning after the loss in AL last night. Tick tock, time is running out on that white privilege we share.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:01 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where did I correct your English? All I did was to denote the lawful immigration term for illegal aliens of which your link didn't and instead called them undocumented immigrants. That's not an English correction of you nor is it that forcing you to use that proper term.

From your own link...."Donald Trump may not have paid federal income taxes for 20 years, but the undocumented immigrants he rails against certainly have, according to the head of a Latino civic engagement organization".
You know what you did. "It would be nice if you stop calling them that." I dont tell you to stop calling them illegal aliens, so you dont get to tell me what to call them either.

As for the link, you didnt read it, that claim was actually fact checked by the social security chief who confrmed it

Old 12-13-2017, 10:19 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
The open minded crew here is feisty this morning after the loss in AL last night. Tick tock, time is running out on that white privilege we share.
"White privilege"?

I like how you assume that everybody who posts here that is against illegal immigration is "white" and also is all worked up about the election in AL. Stereotype much, do you?

Old 12-13-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"White privilege"?

I like how you assume that everybody who posts here that is against illegal immigration is "white" and also is all worked up about the election in AL. Stereotype much, do you?
"White privilege" is a buzz phrase they pull out when they have nothing of substance. I do think that it should be considered insulting to all other races that it is implied that only whites support the laws of our country. People of all races support our laws. Is it a privilege to support the laws? No, it is an obligation.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:28 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,295,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"White privilege"?

Just the bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration