Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 11:29 AM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times

Advertisements

Myob

Old 12-13-2017, 01:26 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
You know what you did. "It would be nice if you stop calling them that." I dont tell you to stop calling them illegal aliens, so you dont get to tell me what to call them either.

As for the link, you didnt read it, that claim was actually fact checked by the social security chief who confrmed it

Go back and read what post of yours I responded to. Myself and another poster in here were addressing the fact that you and others constantly call illegal aliens plain ole immigrants when they are not. "Undocumented" wasn't even mentioned or addressed in that post.

I fail to see how my response to you in regards to the above was a demand. Yes, it would be nice if illegal alien sympathizers would stop blurring the lines between legal immigrants and an illegal aliens . They are two entirely different things so it gets confusing especially when one is quoting statistics.

I didn't disagree that illegal aliens pay several million in taxes. However, I also pointed out that what they pay in is a mere fraction of what they cost us.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
The open minded crew here is feisty this morning after the loss in AL last night. Tick tock, time is running out on that white privilege we share.

What does the election in Alabama have to do with white privilege or the topic of this forum which is illegal immigration? I couldn't care less about the election results in Alabama as I don't live there.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:35 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
"White privilege" is a buzz phrase they pull out when they have nothing of substance. I do think that it should be considered insulting to all other races that it is implied that only whites support the laws of our country. People of all races support our laws. Is it a privilege to support the laws? No, it is an obligation.
Nobody is obligated to do anything.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:50 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Just the bigots.
So, again, you are saying only white people believe in law enforcement. That shows quite a bite of ignorance about immigration enforcement, so I suspect therein lies the issues we are seeing with your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Myob
And, if no one reported crimes, do you have any idea what the country would be like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What does the election in Alabama have to do with white privilege or the topic of this forum which is illegal immigration? I couldn't care less about the election results in Alabama as I don't live there.
They are deflecting, plain and simple. There is no defense, so they deflect. Rather than being embarrassed because they realize how they are looking, they try to edge away from the subject of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Nobody is obligated to do anything.
We have laws for that.

Who will be the next victim of an illegal alien when a citizen decided to mind their own business? Keep in mind, if this illegal alien infestation continues, everyone will get a turn and who will speak out for them, yep, when one of the 13 people a day killed by illegal alien drunk drivers: https://www.constitutionparty.com/il...e-all-victims/ or maybe one they beat to death with a fire extinguisher or hammer. One took out a family of 5 beating them with a hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sEXWjTyAbA

Old 12-13-2017, 03:34 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Like just about everything these days, the best answer to the OP's question is: It depends.

Like just about everything these days, there are many shades of gray in between stark black and white absolute stances of some opinions.

There's no way I'll drop a dime on a hard working family who only want to be safe, free, and make a basic living in our great nation. That's what life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is about and as long as such people are not active criminals then IMO it's a case of live and let live, which is how I play it here in AZ where I live. I see these immigrants installing new roofs here when it's 110F in the summer heat, or working long hours to trim my landscaping with excellent results. I flat out LOVE these people and wish all of us worked that hard. These are the best crop of new Americans I've seen since the Vietnamese boat people came here, and yes I worked with them in DC. A few bums always sneak in, but that was true even before we even had any immigration laws, e.g., the Italian and Irish mafia types, the Tong gangs of Chinese, etc. That a few bums sneak in only means we find the bums and deal firmly with them.

Any immigrant who commits criminal acts such as theft, arson, drug dealing, rape, murder, terrorism, etc, should be taken into custody for prosecution and/or deportation. Merely entering the USA without permission is IMO a minor transgression and when it comes to our response to that act then It depends as I and others have so stated.

I wish the borders were better controlled. I also wish we'd allow MORE legal immigration.

I know others will disagree, so all I can do is agree to disagree, and hope our "leaders" act wisely.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-13-2017, 03:49 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I was introduced to 4 people who outright told me they were illegal, also the same people told me that they were unlicenced drivers. Who should I call?

Good luck with that. Apparently, See something, say something doesn't apply to illegal aliens.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:07 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Like just about everything these days, the best answer to the OP's question is: It depends.

Like just about everything these days, there are many shades of gray in between stark black and white absolute stances of some opinions.

There's no way I'll drop a dime on a hard working family who only want to be safe, free, and make a basic living in our great nation. That's what life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is about and as long as such people are not active criminals then IMO it's a case of live and let live, which is how I play it here in AZ where I live. I see these immigrants installing new roofs here when it's 110F in the summer heat, or working long hours to trim my landscaping with excellent results. I flat out LOVE these people and wish all of us worked that hard. These are the best crop of new Americans I've seen since the Vietnamese boat people came here, and yes I worked with them in DC. A few bums always sneak in, but that was true even before we even had any immigration laws, e.g., the Italian and Irish mafia types, the Tong gangs of Chinese, etc. That a few bums sneak in only means we find the bums and deal firmly with them.

Any immigrant who commits criminal acts such as theft, arson, drug dealing, rape, murder, terrorism, etc, should be taken into custody for prosecution and/or deportation. Merely entering the USA without permission is IMO a minor transgression and when it comes to our response to that act then It depends as I and others have so stated.

I wish the borders were better controlled. I also wish we'd allow MORE legal immigration.

I know others will disagree, so all I can do is agree to disagree, and hope our "leaders" act wisely.
Per the bolded --- I disagree.

If these "hard working [families] only want to be safe, free and make a basic living", then they need to be here legally. Otherwise, they have no business being here, let alone holding a job. They are not "new Americans". They are illegal aliens.

You knowingly hire illegal aliens, despite it being illegal for them to work here? Check AZ law. In my state, if you hire someone to work on your property who isn't licensed and insured, should that person get injured on your property, your homeowners insurance won't cover it. Don't think you won't get sued. There are many pro-illegal alien lawyers who will gladly work pro bono for an illegal.

Knowingly hiring illegals means exploiting them. Those who hire illegals hire them because they work cheap and endure unsafe working conditions.

BTW, who do you think did all those jobs before we were infested with illegals? Americans and legal immigrants did them, and still do them to this day. Hiring citizens and legal immigrants means paying them more and providing safe working conditions. We gladly paid more, when we were homeowners, to hire those who are authorized to work in this country.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:48 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
"Loving" lawbreakers? Oh, come on, a moderator that doesn't believe people should follow the rules? That is pretty pitiful and these types of people are the ones that are encouraging these illegal aliens to come in and be exploited. They "love" the money that gets in their own pockets when they and others exploit illegal aliens.

We have roofers out of work here, and ready to work. You can bet with Trump allowing ICE to do their job, those reporting to illegal aliens is through that roof those illegal aliens just put on. Oh, and those roofs, seriously, DO NOT ALLOW ILLEGAL ALIENS TO PUT YOUR ROOF ON, KEEP THEM OFF OF YOUR PROPERTY FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION. Here, people are asking for verification that workers are citizens. These illegals and those that hire them often disappear overnight! The roof jobs are very 3rd world! Roofing isn't that easy of a job when done right.

Get all the info you can and report. The more we report the faster we can get it done! It may take some time as they work through the reports, I suspect they are thousands at this point, but we can get there!

Old 12-13-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

What about the Americans who lost their jobs to illegal aliens? Shouldn't our compassion be for them and their families instead? Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness shouldn't be attained under unlawful circumstances and by taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Americans want the same but if they lost their jobs to illegal aliens and have had to foot the bill for the over $100 billion a year that they cost us what about their happiness?

Illegal aliens aren't immigrants and before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border Americans were doing roofing, etc. under the hot sun for a fair wage. They were working hard also. Working hard does not excuse anyone for breaking the law. Illegal aliens aren't Americans either.

Your opinion on illegal entry being a minor offense doesn't matter as our laws say otherwise since they are supposed to be deported for doing so. It's not the entry alone but after they get in here they take American jobs, taxes and resources. I wouldn't call that minor. They also commit felony ID theft to work or tax evasion.

We don't need more legal immigration at this time since we have so many unemployed Americans and we certainly don't need the kind that are crossing our border illegally who are poor, unskilled, uneducated and are a burden to our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration